BKD Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2015

2.7

Experience BKD - Summer Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BKD (Columbia, MO) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied through career services by submitting a resume.

Interview Questions

• No exceptionally hard questions. The one that probably required the most explaining was a questions about a leadership role I held. The questions was why I wanted that role.   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BKD (Omaha, NE) in October 2012.

Interview

They had an oncampus interview followed by second round. Both were fairly informal.

Interview Questions

• The only question I was ever asked. "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BKD (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Management and Partners are very polite, overall BKD gives off a good vibe. I've researched the company and it appears the biggest CON is that you have to work extremely hard, though isn't this to be expected in any position? Should anything less be expected? I believe this is a PRO, staying busy/working hard allows for personal growth on many level, this is surely a PRO in my opinion. I understand that I am just an outsider looking in, but my first impression is that BKD would make a great employer and has a lot to offer those willing to work hard for a living.

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BKD (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2012.

Interview

Campus recruiting, then followed by a trip to the Oklahoma City office for a tour and interviews with partners, managers, and the Managing Partner. They took us to lunch, and were very explanatory regarding duties as an intern, which were the same as First year Staff Auditors

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were forced to be a leader in a situation involving conflict   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accepted the offer that day

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BKD (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is just like every accounting firm. Interview questions are mainly behavioral and conversational. Then if they like you, you go to an office visit and you have one interview there.

Interview Questions

• If you could start your college career over what would you do differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate with them as far as my pay. You are well paid and everyone makes the same. Its hard to negotiate internship hourly pay but definitely a must when you get a full time salary offer.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BKD (Dallas, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

They asked me simple questions about myself. I showed interest and enthusiasm

Interview Questions

• Where dO you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose tax?   1 Answer

Negotiation

25 an hour

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BKD (Dallas, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

They hosted a dinner for all of the potential recruits the night before the interview, which was very laid back and went pretty well. The interview went on all throughout the following day on campus. The recruiter was outside of the interview room, and almost gave you a pre-interview prior to entering the actual interview with one of BKD's senior managers.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to get into the accounting?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BKD (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2010.

Interview

One-on-one interview, general questions about my interests, my interest in the company, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BKD (Dallas, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

There was only one interview; a one on one with a recruiter from the Dallas office. There was also an assistant outside the interview room to greet applicants and this was a relief, especially on a college campus. The interview was planned through a college recruiting office, so there isn't much to say about the organization of the interview. However, the interview went very smoothly and was very casual. Within the 30 minutes allotted to the interview, I was able to show the recruiter that I was a good fit into the company's culture and atmosphere. The recruiter was very calming and allowed me to be myself by setting the tone of interview as a very casual interaction.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience and client interaction.   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BKD (Dallas, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview with operating manager, really nice person. Have not heard back from them yet