BKD Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014
Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BKD in October 2011.

The hiring and interview process is just like every accounting firm. Interview questions are mainly behavioral and conversational. Then if they like you, you go to an office visit and you have one interview there.

Interview Questions
    • If you could start your college career over what would you do differently?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate with them as far as my pay. You are well paid and everyone makes the same. Its hard to negotiate internship hourly pay but definitely a must when you get a full time salary offer.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BKD in June 2011.

They asked me simple questions about myself. I showed interest and enthusiasm

25 an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BKD in February 2011.

They hosted a dinner for all of the potential recruits the night before the interview, which was very laid back and went pretty well. The interview went on all throughout the following day on campus. The recruiter was outside of the interview room, and almost gave you a pre-interview prior to entering the actual interview with one of BKD's senior managers.

Interview Questions
    • What made you want to get into the accounting?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

The process took a dayinterviewed at BKD in October 2010.

One-on-one interview, general questions about my interests, my interest in the company, etc.

none.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BKD in September 2010.

There was only one interview; a one on one with a recruiter from the Dallas office. There was also an assistant outside the interview room to greet applicants and this was a relief, especially on a college campus. The interview was planned through a college recruiting office, so there isn't much to say about the organization of the interview. However, the interview went very smoothly and was very casual. Within the 30 minutes allotted to the interview, I was able to show the recruiter that I was a good fit into the company's culture and atmosphere. The recruiter was very calming and allowed me to be myself by setting the tone of interview as a very casual interaction.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your work experience and client interaction.   View Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BKD in July 2010.

Had a phone interview with operating manager, really nice person. Have not heard back from them yet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BKD in October 2009.

I had two interviews with BKD. The first interview was on campus. It was really relaxed and informal. Questions consisted of why accounting, why bkd, and the normal resume questions. The second interview I had was at their office in Indianapolis. It was an all day event where you have interviews with two partners and do a few other activities. The interview with the partners was very similar to the on campus interview.

Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BKD in September 2009.

The interview was more of a sales by a young person of the firm; it was pretty evident the individual had not worked there long, and it was not a technical interview. It frankly was more of a sales pitch than an interview. The interview process is not geared for the interviewee, since different offices seem to work independently of each other in the interviewing and hiring process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BKD in September 2009.

First, I sent in my resume through my university's career services website. The next process was a 1 to 1 interview on campus. After being accepted to move on further, there was an all-day "second interview." For this, the remaining candidates came in for breakfast. Each table had 2 tax partners and 6 candidates. Following this, we were split into two separate groups; one group stayed in the conference room for the presentation while the other group had two additional 1 on 1 interviews with two separate tax partners. After this, the candidates were paired up with a staff member and taken to lunch. After lunch, the groups switched and the people who were watching the presentation were not doing interviews and vice versa.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected part is that is wasn't a typical interview.   View Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at BKD in November 2008.

BKD comes to your college and interviews and then if they like you there is an interview at the office where you would like to work.

Interview Questions
    I told them, after I had my offer, that I was going to interview somewhere else before I could get back to them. They gave me a 1,000 bonus.