BKD Interview Questions

2.7

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BKD in July 2010.

Had a phone interview with operating manager, really nice person. Have not heard back from them yet

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BKD in October 2009.

I had two interviews with BKD. The first interview was on campus. It was really relaxed and informal. Questions consisted of why accounting, why bkd, and the normal resume questions. The second interview I had was at their office in Indianapolis. It was an all day event where you have interviews with two partners and do a few other activities. The interview with the partners was very similar to the on campus interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BKD in September 2009.

First, I sent in my resume through my university's career services website. The next process was a 1 to 1 interview on campus. After being accepted to move on further, there was an all-day "second interview." For this, the remaining candidates came in for breakfast. Each table had 2 tax partners and 6 candidates. Following this, we were split into two separate groups; one group stayed in the conference room for the presentation while the other group had two additional 1 on 1 interviews with two separate tax partners. After this, the candidates were paired up with a staff member and taken to lunch. After lunch, the groups switched and the people who were watching the presentation were not doing interviews and vice versa.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected part is that is wasn't a typical interview.   View Answer

Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at BKD in September 2009.

The interview was more of a sales by a young person of the firm; it was pretty evident the individual had not worked there long, and it was not a technical interview. It frankly was more of a sales pitch than an interview. The interview process is not geared for the interviewee, since different offices seem to work independently of each other in the interviewing and hiring process.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

The process took 6 months - interviewed at BKD in November 2008.

BKD comes to your college and interviews and then if they like you there is an interview at the office where you would like to work.

Interview Questions
    I told them, after I had my offer, that I was going to interview somewhere else before I could get back to them. They gave me a 1,000 bonus.

Staff Auditor Interview

Signed up for on-campus interview and met with a recruiter. Received a call the next afternoon that I had been selected for an in-office interview later that month. At the office I met with three separate people and had lunch with a few younger staff and was given my employment offer before leaving that day.

Interview Questions
    • Asked how I dealt with people in a group situation, very common accounting question because all audit work is done in teams. Also discussed work experience and education, my expectations for my career, and 'why did you choose public accounting?"   Answer Question
    No negotiations on offered salaries.

Staff Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at BKD in September 2011.

Interview was mostly behavrioral

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a conflict and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Staff Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at BKD in March 2011.

The interview process was very well put together. We started in the morning with a presentation which was followed by a series of 3 interviews with 5 minute breaks in the middle. We were also offered lunch which was also very good. Everyone in the office seemed to be very friendly and helpful and was able to answer all questions we had.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have any occupation, what would it be and why?   View Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BKD in October 2010.

Process began with on-campus interviews, then dinner with staff, then full day on-site with 3 partner interviews. Everyone seems very friendly and career-focused (of course!), beautiful work space with super-tiny cubicles for new hires. Overall great process.

Interview Questions
    • What else do I need to know about (insert name)?   Answer Question
    • What area are you interested in working (beyond tax or audit, have an idea of the specific industries that interest you and why)   Answer Question

Writer/Editor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at BKD in October 2009.

I interviewed with the Brand Manager for the Writer/Editor position in early October. The paperwork and interview took about two hours. Then the BM called me back for a second round of interviews.I met with one of the writers and then met with the BM a second time; again the process took a couple of hours. Both times I brought copies of work from my portfolio and left it with the BM. After the second round of interviews, he told me he would have his secretary call the next day to arrange a third interview. The call never came. My follow-up calls and emails were dodged and ignored. (If you're not going to hire me, fine, but have the decency to tell me.) Four months later, the position was advertised again, so I submitted my resume again. I got a "thanks but no thanks" email from BM's secretary. I replied to her that I didn't mind not getting the job, but I did mind that I took the time to show up for two lengthy interviews (and was promised a third) only to be ignored and left hanging. She must have forwarded it to the BM, because he emailed me at that point, and told me that there was no way they could make sure that they replied to the "hundreds of applicants" for each position. I told him I understood that he may have received hundreds of resumes, but that only some of those people were called to interview, and even fewer were called to interview twice. I expected a higher standard of professionalism from BKD, not indifference, rudeness and lame excuses.

Interview Questions
    • He kept looking at my resume, then looking up at me, saying, "Hmmm...I don't know. I just don't know." It happened over and over again during the interview.   View Answer
    • He asked me why I left my last job.   View Answer