BLITZ Agency Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

Interview

Over the phone conference call. It was an easy interview with typical questions that were expected. They wanted a lot of explanation on my previous experience and the process/mindset I had while doing it.

Interview Questions

Interview

Was brought in to fill a very specific need they wanted to fill to be able to have for several pitches. Was given a verbal offer, which "was waiting for signature, a done deal". Never happened, and the offer gradually descended into the offer of part time freelance work at a lower than market rate. Found out from others who worked there this is typical - sounds like they are just looking for people to low ball and see who will bite. This isn't uncommon in the agency world, but some agencies play it straight fortunately.

Interview Questions

• None, they're just scrambling to chase pitches, I could have told them I invented post it notes and they wouldn't have blinked.   Answer Question

High turnover (forced and voluntary), low pay.

BLITZ Agency Response

Apr 13, 2015 – Sr. Director, Operations

Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for the poor communication. Since your post we've done a lot of work to improve our HR, recruiting and talent communications precisely to avoid situations ... More

Technology Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at BLITZ Agency (Santa Monica, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview was very through. It lasted about a 1/2 day. You'll meet with most of your team and some project managers and be given pretty thoughtful questions from people with a variety of backgrounds. There was no bad-interview-style grilling or aggressive questions. The interviewees were on time and attentive.

Interview Questions

• Describe the toughest problem yo have ever solved and how you solved it   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BLITZ Agency (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Fast and furious. They seemed really busy and I was cancelled on once, I think. It was hard to park where they're located (Prominade in Santa Monica) and there was no guidance on how to get there. The people who interviewed didn't seem like they had prepped anything specifically for me, and I sat in the lobby for awhile. They seemed cool but I should have paid attention to my instincts.

Interview Questions

• If I wanted to look at all the decks they made and comment on them   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was all through email -- weird

Group Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BLITZ Agency (Santa Monica, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

The interview process began in a more casual manner, lunch with the employee who referred me and one of the chief executives of BLITZ. As I was interviewing for a senior position, I got the sense that it was more of a chemistry check, to ensure alignment of temperament and overall management philosophy. Some of the conversation was also geared to test my general knowledge of the digital marketing space. After this meeting I began a series of interviews (3), usually over lunch, in which I met various department heads. The final interview was with the most senior executives. The interviews were very straightforward and transparent. I believe BLITZ was really intent on ensuring a good fit, and to that end, we're very forthcoming in their answers to my questions. The culture is not one steeped in formality. Having a sense of humor would be seen as a plus. BLITZ is driven by a desire to produce extremely well-executed, highly strategic work, that is constantly testing the human-technology connection, and I heard the phrase, "hungry, humble, smart" numerous times througout the interview process.

Interview Questions

• There were a number of questions around hypothetical situations. Dealing with and managing a difficult employee, for example.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation process was short, and handled through an exchange of offer letters. BLITZ and I met each other halfway.