BMC

Updated Nov 15, 2014
Updated Nov 15, 2014

3.6

Just Bad Experience Interview

First email out the gate from HR - how much do you want to make? Tried to avoid question but just got another email - I just need a number. Never heard back. Few weeks later got a call for the same role from a different person - explaining they would be setting up an interview and yet another person would be calling me to do so. Never heard a thing back. So confusing. This is how you treat possible employees?

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at BMC.

The interview was so unprofessional and uncomfortable, even for seasoned job seekers. It felt like they were just going through the motions and weren't comfortable in their own process. The questions served no purpose in assessing skills or talents- it seemed to be all about how you react to stupid questions, and you feel like you're at a shrink's appt instead of a job interview. If you're an attractive female, showing a little cleavage and leg will help, if you get my drift...

Interview Questions
    • How well do you deal with varied personalities?   View Answer
    They will try to low ball you and expect you to factor in the residual income compared to your previous base pay- don't do it! Negotiate for the yearly salaried wages you really want 5 years from now going in, and consider anything else gravy, because hours, bonuses and commissions can and will fluctuate. The 90 day and annual review are just paper - they mean nothing in the way of increases.

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BMC in February 2011.

short process in the interview, this is ridiculouse i had no idea i would have to go throught all this to send a resume. You emiailse me. Now please stop

easy

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BMC in October 2010.

This was your typical HIGH pressure interview. I am not sure you can cut it etc. They made you jump through the usual hoops. They also used good cop and bad cop. If you didn't know what was going on it could have bothered you. On the other hand, they were very polite once you were through the process. Finally, the offices are gorgeous.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what deal you lost that you could have kept.   View Answer
    Negotiated salary

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BMC in February 2010.

The hiring process was very smooth and easy. The actual interview was a little informal which puts you at ease. It was a pretty casual yet professional atmosphere. The HR Department didn't seem really organized but they weren't the ones conducting the interview so that was fine.

Interview Questions
    • They asked basic questions as to whether you had experience.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation as the salary was set.

Compensation Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BMC in November 2011.

Telephone interview followed by a face to face interview with the hiring manager and with a peer.

Interview Questions
    • How can we be sure that you are going to stay assuming you are hired for this position?   View Answer
    Very little negotiation took place. The interview process was fair and timely.