BMC Software Interview Questions

2.9

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BMC Software.

Initial phone call with BMC Software was with a member from HR. Very pleasant to talk to and very informative. Second phone call was a technical interview with an Architect. The Architect asked questions regarding my technical background from different projects. Third interview was a face to face dinner interview with my potential manager. I thought the dinner interview was very unique and I enjoyed it. Fourth interview was with Director and then Fifth was an offer phone call.

Interview Questions
    • Prior knowledge and experience with Service Models and Alias Formulas   Answer Question

Account Manager (Sales) Interview

Straight forward sales interview

Straigh forward, fast.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at BMC Software.

I was cold-contacted by a recruiter, based on my Linked-in profile. I had several phone interviews, which covered very standard "text-book" technical questions, which I presumed were to test and re-test my knowledge of the technical area. A final phone interview touched on"cultural" aspects and my "pesonal fit" with the company. They made a big deal about fitting in with the company culture. They described it as very open and collaborative (once I was hired, I found it to be very different from what they described. Basically, don;t step out of line. Play the politics. Learn who has the power, and never challenge them. They say they want fresh ideas, but I question if they really do). After phone interviews, I had 2 on-site interivews. First meeting was with peers and direct supervisor. Very short, very general. I felt more like it was a face-to-face just to make sure I was not "wrong" versus an interview to confirm I was "right." The second seriers of on site interivews were with the higher-ups. Thjis was not an interview..it was a sales pitch and and ego-trip for them. They hired me. I quit 2 years later. Steer clear.

Interview Questions
    • None. Pretty standard interview. Know the text-book answers for your area. This company does not think beyond 2010.   Answer Question
    The compensation package they offered was very good. I tried to negotiate, but got nowhere. That was okay, though. They pay pretty good.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at BMC Software in April 2014.

Since I am based abroad, all the process was conducted remotely. It started as an email exchange. Then there were phones interviews, followed by Skype interviews with senior management. That was followed by Skype interviews with peers. When that was completed, an email exchange for references took place and then background checks were done. That started the salary negotiations.

Interview Questions
    • It seems as if I had held more senior positions in the past, why would I want to take this job?   Answer Question

I had a better competing offer

Principal Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at BMC Software.

Went quickly and smoothly.

N/A

Apr 5, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and that you felt the process was efficient.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BMC Software.

Only ask basic behavior questions. Have waited 3 months without feedback. That's why I think I have lost the chance to get that job. However, I do think BMC is a good company because they just become private again and have more flexibility in the development direction. Besides, Texas is a great place to live.

Interview Questions
    • HR tells me return offers depend the time you graduate.   Answer Question

Apr 5, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. Typically, the University recruiting process runs a little longer due to the timing of career events at different schools.

Software Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMC Software.

The hiring manager was very easy to communicate with, we had a surprisingly candid discussion, and unfortunately I did not have the skills he was looking for. The positive takeaway from the interview, was that he gave me positive constructive criticism on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • He asked about the usage of a specific product that I have dealt with, and my understanding differed from his.   Answer Question

Apr 5, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback. Our approach is to allow each candidate the opportunity to best present the skills and experience they have to offer.

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BMC Software.

2 month process 7 interviews.. although this process will likely be streamlined due to the increased open head count. Normal background and drug test along with IQ test

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected here very straight forward interview questions   Answer Question

Apr 5, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Good feedback - like many companies, we are trying to find the optimum number of interviews to ensure both the candidate and the hiring team have a chance to assess one another.

Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BMC Software.

Well organized and efficient interview process.

Apr 5, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BMC Software.

Campus selection, written skill test and 3 rounds of face to face.