BMC Software

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.9

Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BMC Software.

Well organized and efficient interview process.

Apr 5, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BMC Software.

Campus selection, written skill test and 3 rounds of face to face.

Technical Support Manager Interview

I was part of an acquisition into BMC. However as a Manager I had a large amount of latitude in the questions I was able to ask within the appropriate legal guidelines. The time between offer and start date was usually 3 weeks minimum, and sometimes that proved to be too long for some people and BMC would lose them in the interim.

Project Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMC Software in October 2013.

The hire process was a great excellent process. Very fast, timely and went into 3 different interviews. I first had a phone call brief interview asking me questions on how interested I was. Then I interviewed with the Department Manager, and then with the Principal Accountant. I was then notified of the job offer a week later.

Interview Questions
    They do not negotiate pay. Pay is as is.

Apr 5, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback - and congratulations!

Senior Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BMC Software.

Phone interview with HR - phone interview with hiring manager where they ask mostly experience related questions to see if it's relevant to a position; on-site interview - 2 hours with 3 people with technical questions about my C programming experience

Politely asked for more and was given $5k sign-up bonus

Principal Software Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at BMC Software.

very time consuming and laborious. eight interviews over a period of 4 months

Interview Questions
    • having to write a white paper and conduct an online presentation   Answer Question

Front-End Developer Interview

Two phone interviews, one coding exercise and one on-site with 4 people. First phone was called by the manager, about background. The second one was technical, asked questions about javascript and website performance. The on-site had four parts and 40 mins for each: design, coding exercise, technical questions and brain teasing.

Contract Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMC Software.

2 interviews - onsite and then phone. Since the team was in Houston the onsite was with people there as well as video con call. then a follow up with the director via phone.

fairy easy

Business Development Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at BMC Software in August 2013.

The interview started by having a screening done by a recruitment individual from the Houston, TX Corporate Office. After speaking with them at length and understanding that I was intelligent, the individual conducted a more in-depth questioning about my background. Any tech experience that I had, where I felt the industry was heading, etc. From there I was told I would have more phone interviews, (had a total of 3) and then was flown to my job sites office location. I proceeded to do a team interview there (2 on 1) and also was required to do a 15 minute presentation on who the company was, its main message, and why customers should choose the company. This presentation was told to me 1 week prior to my interview. After the interview I was shown around the office and given time to ask others in the role their perceptions, feelings, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was the 15 minute presentation. I was told that I did not need to prepare materials , i.e. powerpoint, whiteboard, slides, etc. but it was clear that my interviewers had actually expected that.   View Answer
    My negotiation was different as I had competing offers already on the table.

Apr 5, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Presenting business cases is important to BMC - anything you can do to come prepared and showcase your talents will help further differentiate you!

Front End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BMC Software in July 2013.

2 rounds of phone interview, one with the hiring manager on background and experience, one with two team members on technical questions; one coding exercise; one lunch meeting; onsite interview with four team members (design, coding, technical, brain teaser)

Apr 5, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Employee Referrals are a great way to help expedite your candidacy with the company. Thanks for taking the time to post.