BMC Software

Updated Feb 21, 2015
Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.9

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BMC Software.

Only ask basic behavior questions. Have waited 3 months without feedback. That's why I think I have lost the chance to get that job. However, I do think BMC is a good company because they just become private again and have more flexibility in the development direction. Besides, Texas is a great place to live.

Interview Questions
    • HR tells me return offers depend the time you graduate.   Answer Question

Apr 5, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. Typically, the University recruiting process runs a little longer due to the timing of career events at different schools.

Software Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMC Software.

The hiring manager was very easy to communicate with, we had a surprisingly candid discussion, and unfortunately I did not have the skills he was looking for. The positive takeaway from the interview, was that he gave me positive constructive criticism on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • He asked about the usage of a specific product that I have dealt with, and my understanding differed from his.   Answer Question

Apr 5, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback. Our approach is to allow each candidate the opportunity to best present the skills and experience they have to offer.

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BMC Software.

2 month process 7 interviews.. although this process will likely be streamlined due to the increased open head count. Normal background and drug test along with IQ test

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected here very straight forward interview questions   Answer Question

Apr 5, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Good feedback - like many companies, we are trying to find the optimum number of interviews to ensure both the candidate and the hiring team have a chance to assess one another.

Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BMC Software.

Well organized and efficient interview process.

Apr 5, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BMC Software.

Campus selection, written skill test and 3 rounds of face to face.

Technical Support Manager Interview

I was part of an acquisition into BMC. However as a Manager I had a large amount of latitude in the questions I was able to ask within the appropriate legal guidelines. The time between offer and start date was usually 3 weeks minimum, and sometimes that proved to be too long for some people and BMC would lose them in the interim.

Project Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMC Software in October 2013.

The hire process was a great excellent process. Very fast, timely and went into 3 different interviews. I first had a phone call brief interview asking me questions on how interested I was. Then I interviewed with the Department Manager, and then with the Principal Accountant. I was then notified of the job offer a week later.

Interview Questions
    They do not negotiate pay. Pay is as is.

Apr 5, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback - and congratulations!

Senior Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BMC Software.

Phone interview with HR - phone interview with hiring manager where they ask mostly experience related questions to see if it's relevant to a position; on-site interview - 2 hours with 3 people with technical questions about my C programming experience

Politely asked for more and was given $5k sign-up bonus

Principal Software Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at BMC Software.

very time consuming and laborious. eight interviews over a period of 4 months

Interview Questions
    • having to write a white paper and conduct an online presentation   Answer Question

Front-End Developer Interview

Two phone interviews, one coding exercise and one on-site with 4 people. First phone was called by the manager, about background. The second one was technical, asked questions about javascript and website performance. The on-site had four parts and 40 mins for each: design, coding exercise, technical questions and brain teasing.