BMC Software

82 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Development Representative Interview

Business Development Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at BMC Software in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview started by having a screening done by a recruitment individual from the Houston, TX Corporate Office. After speaking with them at length and understanding that I was intelligent, the individual conducted a more in-depth questioning about my background. Any tech experience that I had, where I felt the industry was heading, etc. From there I was told I would have more phone interviews, (had a total of 3) and then was flown to my job sites office location. I proceeded to do a team interview there (2 on 1) and also was required to do a 15 minute presentation on who the company was, its main message, and why customers should choose the company. This presentation was told to me 1 week prior to my interview. After the interview I was shown around the office and given time to ask others in the role their perceptions, feelings, etc.

Interview Question – The most difficult part was the 15 minute presentation. I was told that I did not need to prepare materials , i.e. powerpoint, whiteboard, slides, etc. but it was clear that my interviewers had actually expected that.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My negotiation was different as I had competing offers already on the table.

Apr 5, 2014

Presenting business cases is important to BMC - anything you can do to come prepared and showcase your talents will help further differentiate you!

Administrative Interview

Administrative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BMC Software.

Interview Details – Well organized and efficient interview process.

Interview Question – Why are you the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Apr 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BMC Software.

Interview Details – Campus selection, written skill test and 3 rounds of face to face.

Interview Question – Some programs and algorithms   Answer Question

Technical Support Manager Interview

Technical Support Manager

Interviewed at BMC Software

Interview Details – I was part of an acquisition into BMC. However as a Manager I had a large amount of latitude in the questions I was able to ask within the appropriate legal guidelines. The time between offer and start date was usually 3 weeks minimum, and sometimes that proved to be too long for some people and BMC would lose them in the interim.

Interview Question – I was not interviewed for this job.   Answer Question

Senior Product Developer Interview

Senior Product Developer
Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BMC Software.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR - phone interview with hiring manager where they ask mostly experience related questions to see if it's relevant to a position; on-site interview - 2 hours with 3 people with technical questions about my C programming experience

Interview Question – Database related - Oracle configuration question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Politely asked for more and was given $5k sign-up bonus

Front End Web Developer Interview

Front End Web Developer
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BMC Software in July 2013.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of phone interview, one with the hiring manager on background and experience, one with two team members on technical questions; one coding exercise; one lunch meeting; onsite interview with four team members (design, coding, technical, brain teaser)

Interview Question – SQL Database design   Answer Question

Apr 5, 2014

Employee Referrals are a great way to help expedite your candidacy with the company. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at BMC Software in September 2012.

Interview Details – A screening call with HR followed up by a long phone screen with the hiring VP. Four additional phone screens, and then two face to face interviews. Once the interview with the hiring manager went well, it was a fast process. From the first phone screen to first day on the job was about 6 weeks.

Interview Question – How do you measure success?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Principal Software Consultant Interview

Principal Software Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at BMC Software.

Interview Details – very time consuming and laborious. eight interviews over a period of 4 months

Interview Question – having to write a white paper and conduct an online presentation   Answer Question

Front-End Developer Interview

Front-End Developer

Interviewed at BMC Software

Interview Details – Two phone interviews, one coding exercise and one on-site with 4 people. First phone was called by the manager, about background. The second one was technical, asked questions about javascript and website performance. The on-site had four parts and 40 mins for each: design, coding exercise, technical questions and brain teasing.

Interview Questions

Contract Interview

Contract

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMC Software.

Interview Details – 2 interviews - onsite and then phone. Since the team was in Houston the onsite was with people there as well as video con call. then a follow up with the director via phone.

Negotiation Details – fairy easy