BMC Software Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at BMC Software in April 2014.

Since I am based abroad, all the process was conducted remotely. It started as an email exchange. Then there were phones interviews, followed by Skype interviews with senior management. That was followed by Skype interviews with peers. When that was completed, an email exchange for references took place and then background checks were done. That started the salary negotiations.

Interview Questions
    • It seems as if I had held more senior positions in the past, why would I want to take this job?   Answer Question

I had a better competing offer

Senior Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BMC Software.

Phone interview with HR - phone interview with hiring manager where they ask mostly experience related questions to see if it's relevant to a position; on-site interview - 2 hours with 3 people with technical questions about my C programming experience

Politely asked for more and was given $5k sign-up bonus

Front End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BMC Software in July 2013.

2 rounds of phone interview, one with the hiring manager on background and experience, one with two team members on technical questions; one coding exercise; one lunch meeting; onsite interview with four team members (design, coding, technical, brain teaser)

BMC Software Response

Apr 5, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Employee Referrals are a great way to help expedite your candidacy with the company. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Senior Manager, Global Mobility Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMC Software.

The interview process was quick. From the phone screens to the follow ups by the recruiter and staffing specialist. The communication was prompt, detailed and professional. Due to remote locations for many of the interview team, the interviews came in a variety of forms such as phone interview, in-person and video conference. My interviews consisted of 6 individuals, which I consider reasonable compared to past experience at other companies, that said I would suggest reducing the rounds to speed up the process.

I was impressed with the team I met, with their area of expertise and wealth of knowledge. My perceptions of the team left me with the impression this was a team performing with integrity.

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example where you made a new discovery in your past experience that may have had to do with company culture, business practice and/or challenging business groups, what did you discover, how did you respond and what was the lesson(s) learned. How did this experience shape who you are?   Answer Question
    The offer process was surprisingly easy and direct, more than fair. I was impressed with BMC’s concern to ensure this was a favorable outcome for both parties.

My advice is to effectively demonstrate the value you can contribute to the organization, look for win-win solutions, yes it nice to boost your salary but more importantly have an idea of the type of team/people you want to surround yourself with.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

First phone interview scheduled by an engineer from BMC and after that an onsite interview with 5-6 team members.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer only accepting solution to problem what she have read and could not even convince me with her solution.   Answer Question

SQA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at BMC Software in April 2011.

Recruiter called me and set up a phone interview

no negotiation

Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BMC Software in September 2010.

Telephonic interview was only about regular resume screening then called for an onsite 1:1 interview. Total 5 interviews onsite, first 4 with the team, and then last one was with manager.
    they asked me about my current Master's project, previous job exp, then deep dived into technical stuff, mostly design, architecture and logic related questions. no whiteboard coding.

Interview Questions
    • What are the things to consider while migrating from EJB 2 to eJB 3 project... why not hibernate instead of JPA   View Answer