BMC Software

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at BMC Software in April 2014.

Interview Details – Since I am based abroad, all the process was conducted remotely. It started as an email exchange. Then there were phones interviews, followed by Skype interviews with senior management. That was followed by Skype interviews with peers. When that was completed, an email exchange for references took place and then background checks were done. That started the salary negotiations.

Interview Question – It seems as if I had held more senior positions in the past, why would I want to take this job?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better competing offer

Senior Product Developer Interview

Senior Product Developer
Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BMC Software.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR - phone interview with hiring manager where they ask mostly experience related questions to see if it's relevant to a position; on-site interview - 2 hours with 3 people with technical questions about my C programming experience

Interview Question – Database related - Oracle configuration question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Politely asked for more and was given $5k sign-up bonus

Front End Web Developer Interview

Front End Web Developer
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BMC Software in July 2013.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of phone interview, one with the hiring manager on background and experience, one with two team members on technical questions; one coding exercise; one lunch meeting; onsite interview with four team members (design, coding, technical, brain teaser)

Interview Question – SQL Database design   Answer Question

Flag Interview

BMC Software Director of Talent Acquisition responded to this review

Apr 5, 2014

Employee Referrals are a great way to help expedite your candidacy with the company. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Senior Manager, Global Mobility Services Interview

Senior Manager, Global Mobility Services
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMC Software.

Interview Details – The interview process was quick. From the phone screens to the follow ups by the recruiter and staffing specialist. The communication was prompt, detailed and professional. Due to remote locations for many of the interview team, the interviews came in a variety of forms such as phone interview, in-person and video conference. My interviews consisted of 6 individuals, which I consider reasonable compared to past experience at other companies, that said I would suggest reducing the rounds to speed up the process.

I was impressed with the team I met, with their area of expertise and wealth of knowledge. My perceptions of the team left me with the impression this was a team performing with integrity.

Interview Question – Provide an example where you made a new discovery in your past experience that may have had to do with company culture, business practice and/or challenging business groups, what did you discover, how did you respond and what was the lesson(s) learned. How did this experience shape who you are?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer process was surprisingly easy and direct, more than fair. I was impressed with BMC’s concern to ensure this was a favorable outcome for both parties.

My advice is to effectively demonstrate the value you can contribute to the organization, look for win-win solutions, yes it nice to boost your salary but more importantly have an idea of the type of team/people you want to surround yourself with.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at BMC Software

Interview Details – First phone interview scheduled by an engineer from BMC and after that an onsite interview with 5-6 team members.

Interview Question – Interviewer only accepting solution to problem what she have read and could not even convince me with her solution.   Answer Question

Product Developer Interview

Product Developer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BMC Software in September 2010.

Interview Details – Telephonic interview was only about regular resume screening then called for an onsite 1:1 interview. Total 5 interviews onsite, first 4 with the team, and then last one was with manager.
they asked me about my current Master's project, previous job exp, then deep dived into technical stuff, mostly design, architecture and logic related questions. no whiteboard coding.

Interview Question – What are the things to consider while migrating from EJB 2 to eJB 3 project... why not hibernate instead of JPA   View Answer

SQA Interview

SQA
San Jose, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at BMC Software in April 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter called me and set up a phone interview

Interview Question – mostly databases and java multi threading   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for BMC Software? Contribute to the Community!

BMC Software Videos

BMC Software – Why Work for Us?

Are you motivated and inspired by innovation? Are you ready to join a company that puts technology at the forefront of business transformation? If so, you’re the kind of person we’re looking for. Being an Innovation… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BMC Software interview questions and advice in San Jose, CA. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by BMC Software employees and interview candidates.