BMO Capital Markets

48 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Receptionist Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BMO Capital Markets.

Interview Details – The process was fairly easy, I interviewed with the administrative coordinator. The company hires fairly quickly. Was told I would know within a day if I would be offered the position. She asked questions about dealing with unhappy customers as well as the important aspects of being a good receptionist.

Interview Question – Explain specific ways you are detail oriented.   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Senior Administrative Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BMO Capital Markets.

Interview Details – Three rounds: one with admin manager in local office as a screening, next with head of administration over video, then you meet the bankers you will be supporting. No tricks.

Interview Question – How do you balance work and home life? I wanted to say, "easily."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BMO Capital Markets in February 2014.

Interview Details – Networked my way into a IBD SA first round interview over the phone. Was conducted by two people- one analyst, one associate. Both 30 minute conversations.

Generally asked me questions about my past experience, interests, and technical questions.

One of them was kind of an asshol3 and asked me all these obscure questions. Did not get a second round.

Interview Question – Why do we use the WACC?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Public Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BMO Capital Markets in January 2014.

Interview Details – I got a first round interview after attending their oncampus information session. They seemed disorganized at the info session. One of the current analysts helped me a lot with prep, but the first round was entirely non-technical. They seemed to ask questions at random, often with long pauses. One interviewer couldn't look at me. They weren't very organized in the interview.

Interview Question – They asked me Why BMO, Why Public Finance, and Where I want to be in 5 years in the same question, first question.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I really wanted to do consulting more

New York, NY

I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets in October 2012.

Interview Details – First round interview gained thorugh on-campus recruiting at Villanova. Two senior bankers who were alums directed the whole first round process. Questions were mostly fit and current-events oriented. Not very much in the way of technicals.

Interview Question – Explain to me whether or not you think the equity markets are overvalued right now, and where they are going in the next 12 months.   Answer Question

Interviewed at BMO Capital Markets

Interview Details – Great culture and competitive interview process. Interviewed with four different senior bankers. There was a mix of technical and behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected. Spent a lot of time going through my resume and how I could benefit the firm at the junior level. They had a couple superdays throughout the year.

Interview Question – Various valuation techniques for a tech company vs. utility.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Capital Markets.

Interview Details – applied through university career services. 1st round on-site interview with a VP and the MD

Interview Question – very market-based and current news oriented   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst

Interviewed at BMO Capital Markets

Interview Details – 2 initial phone interviews. first was more behavioral. second was more technical. valuation and accounting concepts.

Interview Question – How to value an LBO   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BMO Capital Markets in March 2012.

Interview Details – Normal process, 2 interviews with an analyst and associate.

Interview Question – How would you value a berry bush that produces gold berries?   Answer Question

Analyst Sales and Trading Rotational Program Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Capital Markets in July 2012.

Interview Details – I had a wonderful experience. My first round was in New York and consisted of 2 back to back interviews with associates. These were solely behavioral questions and were very laid back interviews. They called me later that day to tell me I was invited to the second and final round, which was also in New York. The final round consisted of 5 back to back interviews with VPs and MDs. Each interview was supposed to be 30 mins, but they all ran late. 4 were behavioral and 1 was technical. The technical interview consisted of random finance questions. Some were about the market, some were about the yield curve, some were about Europe and the presidential election and I had to pitch a stock. I did not get any brain teasers. Everyone was extremely friendly and tried their best to help me succeed in the interview. I heard back 2 weeks later by phone that I got the job.

Interview Question – What is the VIX?
What is the volatility spread?
Pitch me a stock.
What's in your portfolio?
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BMO Capital Markets

Worked for BMO Capital Markets? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BMO Capital Markets interview questions and advice. All 48 interview reviews posted anonymously by BMO Capital Markets employees and interview candidates.