BMO Capital Markets Winter Internship Program Interview Questions

Winter Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

Interviewed on campus with bankers from the NY office. Basic fit questions: walk through resume, asked about past experience. Also asked me some technicals: basic valuation, walk through DCF. 2nd round in Chicago. A series of 1:1 interviews with VPs and MDs. Pretty basic. Most technical was asking about projecting out income statement. Asked about current events. Asked a brainteaser: "How many text messages are sent in the UK each year." Overall it was stressful but not too bad.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BMO Capital Markets

Winter Internship Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BMO Capital Markets in October 2011.

Interview

Almost all behavioral with various questions testing your knowledge of investment banking, but no difficult technical questions commonly found in these interviews. The lack of technical questions was probably because it was only for a two-day program rather than an internship or full-time. It felt like the director doing the interviewer was trying to sell BMO hard.

Interview Questions