BMO Financial Group

BMO Financial Group Analyst Interview Questions

2.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Phone interview and then a face to face, questions regarding expectations

Other Interview Reviews for BMO Financial Group

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BMO Financial Group.

All through campus recruiting. First round on campus, second round in Toronto. First round was just a resume review, and a couple of questions, namely the prices of certain commodities and to talk about an equity you like and why. Round two was a typical 4 interview day, where 3 were behavioural and one was technical.

Interview Questions
    • Just technical accounting and finance questions you'd expect in a finance interview. No brain teasers.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in May 2011.

There is not much time for the interview though there was no time for pleasantries and to build rapport, the hiring manager and the HR person took the time to let me answer in detail, ask for more details and let me ask several questions.

Interview Questions
    • The work required is very detail oriented. How would you improve your performance on that type of work?   Answer Question
    • What frustrates you about work?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in December 2010.

very friendly and interactive interviews...make sure you know your resume very well and can connect your past experience with the new role

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2010.

hiring manager sent email inviting me for an interview scheduled 2 weeks after, and it was a panel consisting of the manager or other 2 colleagues. it took about 1 hour, mixed with behavior and tech questions, and 3 days later I got an email that they'd like to offer me the job.

Interview Questions
    I asked reasonable and happy to see the job actually offers a bit higher pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in June 2010.

I was interviewed by the hiring manager, who would be the direct manager if I get the offer. He has been managing the department for 3 years but doesn't know a bit about the technology. As I can imagine the interview was not relavent to any technological details and the converstation was pleasant. A couple of days later, I got a call from him and was asked to come for second interview with the director, who was new to the position and basically focused on behaviour questions. But after that, the manager was gone for vacation for a few weeks. When I followed up with the director, she kept saying that the decision had to be made after the manager returned. When he's back, he ignored my following-up and a couple of weeks later, I got told someone else got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a situation which you and your boss don't see the solution the same way?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in May 2010.

Phone interview after submiting the resume

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in September 2009.

lots of typical questions, why do you want to work here, what are your goals, how can u contribute ,

be sure to ask questions back for example whats a typical day in this role, since you work for the company whats are your thoughts on the direction or future of the company

Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in February 2009.

Spoke with more senior associate on phone and arranged interview. Met with two lower level analysts who spoke to me about job and asked some questions