BMO Financial Group

BMO Financial Group Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview Details – All through campus recruiting. First round on campus, second round in Toronto. First round was just a resume review, and a couple of questions, namely the prices of certain commodities and to talk about an equity you like and why. Round two was a typical 4 interview day, where 3 were behavioural and one was technical.

Interview Question – Just technical accounting and finance questions you'd expect in a finance interview. No brain teasers.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – There is not much time for the interview though there was no time for pleasantries and to build rapport, the hiring manager and the HR person took the time to let me answer in detail, ask for more details and let me ask several questions.

Interview Questions

• The work required is very detail oriented. How would you improve your performance on that type of work?   Answer Question
  • What frustrates you about work?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2010.

Interview Details – hiring manager sent email inviting me for an interview scheduled 2 weeks after, and it was a panel consisting of the manager or other 2 colleagues. it took about 1 hour, mixed with behavior and tech questions, and 3 days later I got an email that they'd like to offer me the job.

Interview Question – what value can you bring to the team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked reasonable and happy to see the job actually offers a bit higher pay

Analyst

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in December 2010.

Interview Details – very friendly and interactive interviews...make sure you know your resume very well and can connect your past experience with the new role

Interview Question – what's the biggest challenges you had in the past   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview after submiting the resume

Interview Question – What is your previous experience?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the hiring manager, who would be the direct manager if I get the offer. He has been managing the department for 3 years but doesn't know a bit about the technology. As I can imagine the interview was not relavent to any technological details and the converstation was pleasant. A couple of days later, I got a call from him and was asked to come for second interview with the director, who was new to the position and basically focused on behaviour questions. But after that, the manager was gone for vacation for a few weeks. When I followed up with the director, she kept saying that the decision had to be made after the manager returned. When he's back, he ignored my following-up and a couple of weeks later, I got told someone else got the offer.

Interview Question – How do you handle a situation which you and your boss don't see the solution the same way?   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in September 2009.

Interview Details – lots of typical questions, why do you want to work here, what are your goals, how can u contribute ,

be sure to ask questions back for example whats a typical day in this role, since you work for the company whats are your thoughts on the direction or future of the company

Interview Question – why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in February 2009.

Interview Details – Spoke with more senior associate on phone and arranged interview. Met with two lower level analysts who spoke to me about job and asked some questions

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at BMO Financial Group

Worked for BMO Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BMO Financial Group Analyst interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by BMO Financial Group employees and interview candidates.