BMO Financial Group Interview Questions in Calgary, AB

Updated Jun 30, 2014

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in June 2014.

I submitted my resume last week and got an email two days later that asked me to do an online interview. It took me about 15 minutes. 9 questions total, 6 multiple questions and 3 shot answer questions. Shot answer questions are" Tell me about a time when you demonstrated great customer service by promoting or up selling a product or service the customer may not have otherwise considered? Describe a time when you were able to make a significant contribution to a team effort. Describe a time where you displayed exception customer service?

Interview Questions
    • The online interview has 9 questions. 6 of them were multiple answer questions and 3 of them were shot answer questions that ask you to talk in front of the camera.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in October 2013.

Applied online, and got invited for a digital interview.

The digital interview consisted of 9 questions. six of them were short answer questions such as "select the preferred work location" , and three of them were long answer questions that require you talk in front of the camera.

A month later, the company sent out rejection email for the position.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Tell me about a time when you demonstrated great customer service by promoting or up selling a product or service the customer may not have otherwise considered? What specifically did the customer come in to buy and what were you able to up sell to him/her?

2) Describe a time when you were able to make a significant contribution to a team effort, goal or objective.
        View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2013.

Video interview

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with having sale targets?

Then the following questions was:

An example of a time you sold a product or a service which the customer did not want.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2013.

Asked basic questions over video

Interview Questions
    • List a time you had a conflict with a co-worker, the basic interview questions you would expect. Additionally, to talk about yourself and previous experience. It is there to filter you out to see if you are a good fit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in June 2013.

online interview, phone interview, then face to face interview

No negotiation

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in May 2012.

applied online, call from external HR company for basic behavioural assessment

Interview Questions
    • describe a time when you exceed a customer's expectations   Answer Question
    no negotiations.

Worked for BMO Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!