BMO Financial Group

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume last week and got an email two days later that asked me to do an online interview. It took me about 15 minutes. 9 questions total, 6 multiple questions and 3 shot answer questions. Shot answer questions are" Tell me about a time when you demonstrated great customer service by promoting or up selling a product or service the customer may not have otherwise considered? Describe a time when you were able to make a significant contribution to a team effort. Describe a time where you displayed exception customer service?

Interview Question – The online interview has 9 questions. 6 of them were multiple answer questions and 3 of them were shot answer questions that ask you to talk in front of the camera.   View Answer

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, and got invited for a digital interview.

The digital interview consisted of 9 questions. six of them were short answer questions such as "select the preferred work location" , and three of them were long answer questions that require you talk in front of the camera.

A month later, the company sent out rejection email for the position.

Interview Question – 1) Tell me about a time when you demonstrated great customer service by promoting or up selling a product or service the customer may not have otherwise considered? What specifically did the customer come in to buy and what were you able to up sell to him/her?

2) Describe a time when you were able to make a significant contribution to a team effort, goal or objective.
  View Answers (2)

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – Video interview

Interview Question – Are you comfortable with having sale targets?

Then the following questions was:

An example of a time you sold a product or a service which the customer did not want.
  Answer Question

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – Asked basic questions over video

Interview Question – List a time you had a conflict with a co-worker, the basic interview questions you would expect. Additionally, to talk about yourself and previous experience. It is there to filter you out to see if you are a good fit.   Answer Question

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in June 2013.

Interview Details – online interview, phone interview, then face to face interview

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for BMO   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – applied online, call from external HR company for basic behavioural assessment

Interview Question – describe a time when you exceed a customer's expectations   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations.

Worked for BMO Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!