BMO Financial Group Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BMO Financial Group in June 2015.

Interview

online application then video interview. probably a phone and HR interview as well but I know i didn't get that far after the video interview so I wouldn't know for sure

Interview Questions

• upsell product
      customer service
      how do you handle feedback?

Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

Applied online through advertisement on job board.

Received email for Video interview portion. Consisted of 5 behavioral based questions, then a questionnaire followed.

Continuing into round 2, was the assessment and simulation portion, also done online. Basic math and decision making involved. Was told to email back once completed.

Process isn't very difficult, but do take the time to prepare some answers. Set time aside to focus on answering the questions to the best of your ability, as there were some trick questions with the assessment part.

Interview Questions

• Experience going above and beyond in customer service   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

First audio interview. 3 minutes for each questions.10 questions.Then online accessment. Some service questions are very tricky.Need to do math questions. Phone interview will repeat some audio interview questions.Speak very fast. Can find many questions here. So many questions are prepared.

Financial Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at BMO Financial Group (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

First they called me to set a date and time for the interview. Then, they sent me an email for a virtual interview. The whole virtual interview took an hour. All the questions were basic behavioral questions. However it was obvious that the interviewer wanted to hear about my sales experiences. She told me that they will let me know the interview result within two weeks but they sent me an email two hours later that they have identified other candidates who more closely meet the requirements for this position
    Overall, I had a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you convinced a customer to buy a product.   Answer Question

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Exactly the same as all the other interviews mentioned previously, only difference in my experience would have to be the time involved in the process.

It took 1 month plus in the processing of my file. At last I had to email my recruiter for further information and right there and then I got offered a position.

Keep your head up, keep applying! Don't get lazy!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

Online Interview - you will be filmed for this portion of the interview. They ask about your availabilities. I am waiting to hear from them on an offer. There will ask a question in French if you are bilingual.

Operations Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BMO Financial Group (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Phone interview with HR and then a one on one. Nothing out of the ordinary. Behavioural questions mostly and a bit about past experience and interests. Most questions are straight out of the book. greatest strengths and weaknesses.

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

1. applied online and got an email in 2 days
    2. Digital interview-you have 30 seconds to prepare for answer)
    3. Simulation test
    4. phone interview-why you left previous job(aon Hewitt)
    5. Face to face interview-biggest achievement

Interview Questions

• Including 4 multiple choice and 5 video questions:
      1. about your proficiency in Cantonese
      2. about your proficiency in Mandarin
      3. how long about your customer service experience
      4. comfortable with learning new software.

5. Experience in selling a product which the customer didm't need it
      6. constructive feedback
      7. What did you do to contribute to a team success? What was the team object, what was your role, how did you comtribute?
      8. How to handle customers's rejection?
      9. Handle multiple tasks while using computer software.

Contact Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online on company's website and got response in the very next day. Under went online interview which was more like spype but without the person on the other side. Ask general behaviour questions. then after passing that i had another online assessment which included alot of personality questions and percentage questions... also had to compete online activity working as a call center agent.. Interesting...then had a phone interview quite easy.. just went through the resume...lastly the face to face interview...

Mix of behaviour question...and general questions about resume ... Quite easy..

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you contributed to a team success, your part and why were you successful?   Answer Question
    • how did you handle constructive criticism from your boss   1 Answer

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

There were 4 rounds of interview processes.
    First round was a digital interview. I received the call for it after i applied online at BMO's career website.
    Second round was online simulation. It was like a call centre setting. Basic math questions and assessment questions.
    Third round was a phone interview which took about half an hour.
    Final round was a face-to-face interview with the HR manager which took an hour. She asked questions from digital interview and basic behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you contribute to Team success?
      2. What skills do you have that other candidates don’t?
      3. Time you cross-sell?
      4. how comfortable are you with learning new software?
      5. Experience in selling a product which the customer didn't need it
      6. What did you do to contribute to a team success? What was the team object, what was your role, how did you comtribute?
      7. How to handle customers's rejection?
      8. Handle multiple tasks while using computer software.