BMO Financial Group

Getting the Interview

121 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – Received an email of telephone pre-screen interview two days after applying online. Many behavioral questions after some general questions. Haven't hear from them since then.

Interview Question – What is your least favorable duty at your last position   Answer Question

Senior Reporting Analyst Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2012.

Interview Details – 3 weeks - 1 phone interview with HR, 1 interview with the senior managers of the team, 1 final interview with the director of the team

Interview Question – "what is your development opportunity"   Answer Question

Interview Details – The hiring process is very straight forward:
- 1 phone interview
- 1 face to face interview

they asked me the typical questions for both interviews:
- tell us about a time where you demonstrated leadership
- tell us about a problem you encountered while working with a group and how did you resolve it
- tell us about your exposure/performance in a sales driven environment

Interview Question – they really ask all the generic questions which are really easy to prepare for. Just be sure your french is alright if you're in QC as they'll change languages halfway through each interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i didn't negotiate but asked for a raise after my probation period

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview Details – The hiring process was long and tedious, but they were prompt: 2 business days between each step. I had to complete a video interview which was bilingual. The phone interview was difficult; the recruiter asked specific screening questions. call simulation test, it was easy. 1-1 interview lasted 45mins.

Interview Question – If you had an idea to bring to the team, how would you go about it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Met branch manager for interview, Phone interview, HR interview.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen. What strategy so you Think is important in order to be successful in the position of CSR.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview Details – there are three parts to the interview process: the first one is online where you record your answers via webcam, the second is on the phone with a HR manager, and the third is in person with an assistant branch manager. Questions were customer service oriented.

Interview Question – there actually weren't any difficult questions, be honest and you should be okay :)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview Details – Emailed me and ask me t go through a online video session, did that and waiting fr 1 month did not get any response.

Very Easy Interview

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Interview Details – 20 mins phone interview > 1 hr final interview > offer

Interview Question – Your biggest achievement   Answer Question

Legal Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview Details – Very informal process and only asked behavioural questions. Official questions asked: Time when you've worked with a group, served as a leader, didn't succeed - those types of questions

Interview Question – No technical questions whatsoever   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online.Got a call for interview in a weeks time.The first was at the branch with the branch manager and assistant manager. Was an easy one. walk me through ur CV, ur strengths, ur past experience, r u comfortable with sales targets..? cleared that and moved to the second round of (telephonic) interview. were all behavioural questions based on past expereinces. Name a time u were loyal to ur company, a time when u sold something to someone he dint really want, a time when u handled a difficult situation.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.. but the telephonic interviewer simply tried to confuse for no reason...   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BMO Financial Group

Worked for BMO Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BMO Financial Group interview questions and advice in Canada. All 121 interview reviews posted anonymously by BMO Financial Group employees and interview candidates.