BMO Financial Group

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.7

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Contact Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Process took two weeks (still waiting to find out whether I have received an offer). Applied online, was contacted the day after for a digital interview. Following that (about 2 days later) I completed an online assessment, which consisted of a virtual simulation of the types of tasks you are expected to do and math/verbal assessment. Received an email shortly after requesting a phone interview, and following that, I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions
  • All questions were very straight-forward behavioral types. Be sure to give specific examples and avoid generalizing too much.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BMO Financial Group

Customer Contact Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Received a digital interview the following day
    Asked questions like
    "give example of a time you cross-sell"
    "How you handled a difficult situation"
    "Give an example of a time you had constructive feedback, what was it and how did you work on it"
    "Explain a situation where you went over and beyond for a customer"
    2 questions asked your proficiency on Mandarin and Cantonese

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in November 2014.

I applied online ans got a digital interview the next day, the interview questions were easy and in all cases you needed to give an example of the real situations you have experienced before, after a week I got a simulation assessment, that was three parts to it 1. Interactive portion (i.e. you'll be asked to act like an Agent and you have to choose the best response given the situation.)
    2. Personality Assessment 3. Math and Verbal Assessment after I did it a day later I received an e-mail explaining me that they will not proceed my application anymore, since they think that other candidates more closely meet the requirements for this position.

Interview Questions
    • you have to have examples for all the questions in your previous positions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in October 2014.

1. digital interview

1. cross sell product
    2. handle multiple task while using computer software
    3. how to handle customers rejection
    4. what do you do to contribute to a team success?
    5. How to handle constructive information?

2. Assessment- telephone simulation
    3. phone interview
    4. in-person interview

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Contacted for a digital interview. Once completed got an email request to do an online assessment-virtual call center, personal questions and math skills questions. Virtual calls are timed! Got an email for a phone interview a day later. Once completed the phone interview got a call requesting a face to face interview. Told about job and asked behavioural questions and why want to work as contact agent.

Interview Questions
    • Why work at call center? Time above/ beyond for customer? Time customer bought something didn't want/need? Time handled upset/angry customer, time unprepared/ give advice by management to change something how handled it? Time handled criticism? What kind of criticism? Time worked as team, time lead a group?...   Answer Question

Customer Contact Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2014.

online camera interview, call center simulation and math questions , 20 min phone interview, face to face interview with recruiter. Asked about why you left jobs, availability and relative experience

Customer Contact Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Applied online a few weeks ago and then i was emailed an assessment/simulation to complete. The test simulation wasn't too hard, it asked basic questions about what you would do in certain scenarios. It also asked some math/knowledge questions. After the assessment i had a phone interview, a few days later was called in for a face to face interview. Couple days later I got a phone call with a job offer!

Interview Questions
    • In the interview it was just general questions being asked like why BMO, etc. We went through my resume as well and why i left certain jobs, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Customer Contact Agent Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group.

I applied via university website by just simply submitting my resume without cover letter. then got a link to do online tests and digital interview. The online tests take a long time to finish (approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes) and the questions cover call center simulation, basic maths and personality test.

Sunday - Applied online
    Tuesday- Receive on invitation to complete a Digital Interview
    Thursday - Received an invitation to proceed to the next step: There are 3 main parts to the assessment:
                             response given the situation.)
                        2. Personality Assessment
                        3. Math and Verbal Assessment
    Thursday (same day about 20 minutes after I submitted my assessment) I received a call requesting a telephone interview later on that day.
    Thursday - (same day) - Had a telephone interview in the late afternoon
    Friday - Face to face interview with our Centralized Hiring Specialist

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you contributed to the success of your team.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at BMO Financial Group in June 2014.

I applied online. HR Coordinator Sent me a digital interview to complete after that they sent me an online Assessment to complete I did that too. Then after three days they emailed me for phone interview of 15 mins.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview was v simple. Asked me YES or NO questions and then why do u want to work for BMO..long term goals? why did you apply for this position? and then went through my resume and asked why did I leave jobs etc.   Answer Question