BMO Financial Group Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2014

2.7

70 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

We would like you to participate in a digital interview. Digital interviews use the latest technology to facilitate the interview process. It will take approximately 20 minutes to complete. This process allows us to share your completed interview to multiple BMO recruiters to help expedite our review process and respect your valuable time.
In this recorded digital interview, you will be asked a few questions so that we can get to know you better. After you finish, we will review your responses and contact you if we’d like to proceed with your candidacy. We would appreciate it if you could please complete this within 2 days of receiving this message.

Interview Questions
  • In order to participate, you will need a webcam with a microphone and a computer with high-speed internet access. We highly recommend that you run the connection test portion of your setup process ahead of time to ensure that your location has an appropriate connection.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BMO Financial Group

Customer Service Representative Interview

I initially applied online to several CSR positions with BMO through their website. I didn't have any internal or employee referral. I managed to get an in-person interview with the manager at a branch after contacting the branch by phone. The manager was pleasant and friendly. Upon completion of the interview, the manager said she would discuss her thoughts with the HR recruiter and they would make a decision together.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions. Most were average: Tell me about yourself? How would you sell a credit card? Why do you want to work for BMO? What are your future goals or aspirations? Will this be your primary work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in September 2014.

Applied online, then got an email for a video interview, a few days after, another email for a short phone interview, then another interview with the branch manager of the prospective branch. 3 interviews in all. The video interview is kind of nerve racking because there is no one at the other end so you are literally talking to your self, phone interview is about 5-10 minutes long.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you demonstrated great customer service by promoting or up selling a product or service that the customer may not have otherwise considered.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were able to make significant contribution to a team effort, goal or objective.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a constructive feedback you received and how you acted on it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Contacted Employment counselor at Uni to send resume to BMO Recruiter. Got phone interview within a week. General questions related to resume, told will be contacted by HR within a week. Interviewed next week in person. Behavioral Questions: tell me about yourself, selling credit card to student, e.g. of difficult conversation, e.g. of going above and beyond, e.g. of problem solving, e.g. team work, why do you want to work at BMO.

Interview Questions
    Checked the career page to see closest branches. There was an opening in a branch close by and I asked if i could work there. they allowed it. Didnt negotiate much, I needed part time to complete my Degree. I got part time.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Applied online... Had phone interview..easy questions like give example wen u had criticize situation, wen u think u were loyal to ur manager, above n beyond customer service, talked about resume whats ur job at ur current employer, why u think u wanna leave.., basic questions.....face to face interview...tips will b be confident, tell them u dont give up on sales, always working...

In process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person – interviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2014.

Left the Resume and Cover Letter on hard copy with the Branch Manager. I didn't get any answer back. Talked with he for a while. He told me to apply online and talk to the HR manager. It was very strange, because usuaaly In-Person approach get you at least for an interview in this kind of placement.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2014.

I went to a job fair some time in June and received an email regarding some openings 2 weeks later applied online and got a phone interview the very next week and was confirmed with a face to face interview 2 weeks later and the actual interview happened about 3 weeks later. The interviewer let me right away that I am hired.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What did you do above and beyond what was required by your previous role?

2. How comfortable are you with sales target?

3. How would you sell a credit card to a college student
        Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2014.

I applied online for a part-time customer service representative position. I got a phone call that I was going to have a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was told right away that I was going to have another interview with HR manager, and I'm waiting for the day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. If you are well prepared, it is highly likely that you won't have to face unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in June 2014.

I submitted my resume last week and got an email two days later that asked me to do an online interview. It took me about 15 minutes. 9 questions total, 6 multiple questions and 3 shot answer questions. Shot answer questions are" Tell me about a time when you demonstrated great customer service by promoting or up selling a product or service the customer may not have otherwise considered? Describe a time when you were able to make a significant contribution to a team effort. Describe a time where you displayed exception customer service?

Interview Questions
    • The online interview has 9 questions. 6 of them were multiple answer questions and 3 of them were shot answer questions that ask you to talk in front of the camera.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Phone interview, in-person interview. In-person is usually with the branch manager that you'll be working for. So heads up if you didn't like that location that you're being interviewed in because a high chance that that will be your branch.

Interview Questions
    • The usual questions like "Sell me this pen." "Why do you want to work here...etc"   Answer Question