BMO Financial Group

www.bmo.com

BMO Financial Group Customer Services Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 18, 2014

Average Difficulty
66 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – Three interview: two on phone, one in person
Phone interview are between 20-30 minutes and consist of simple questions: making you speak in both languages, ask about current/former job, experience, school...
1:1 interview consists of several questions where the hiring manager fill up as she goes through them. About 45 minutes

Interview Question – Why would we hire you?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2014.

Interview Details – Left the Resume and Cover Letter on hard copy with the Branch Manager. I didn't get any answer back. Talked with he for a while. He told me to apply online and talk to the HR manager. It was very strange, because usuaaly In-Person approach get you at least for an interview in this kind of placement.

Interview Question – Did not get an offer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview Details – Applied online... Had phone interview..easy questions like give example wen u had criticize situation, wen u think u were loyal to ur manager, above n beyond customer service, talked about resume whats ur job at ur current employer, why u think u wanna leave.., basic questions.....face to face interview...tips will b be confident, tell them u dont give up on sales, always working...

Negotiation Details – In process

Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for a part-time customer service representative position. I got a phone call that I was going to have a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was told right away that I was going to have another interview with HR manager, and I'm waiting for the day.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. If you are well prepared, it is highly likely that you won't have to face unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2014.

Interview Details – I went to a job fair some time in June and received an email regarding some openings 2 weeks later applied online and got a phone interview the very next week and was confirmed with a face to face interview 2 weeks later and the actual interview happened about 3 weeks later. The interviewer let me right away that I am hired.

Interview Question – 1. What did you do above and beyond what was required by your previous role?

2. How comfortable are you with sales target?

3. How would you sell a credit card to a college student
  Answer Question

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume last week and got an email two days later that asked me to do an online interview. It took me about 15 minutes. 9 questions total, 6 multiple questions and 3 shot answer questions. Shot answer questions are" Tell me about a time when you demonstrated great customer service by promoting or up selling a product or service the customer may not have otherwise considered? Describe a time when you were able to make a significant contribution to a team effort. Describe a time where you displayed exception customer service?

Interview Question – The online interview has 9 questions. 6 of them were multiple answer questions and 3 of them were shot answer questions that ask you to talk in front of the camera.   View Answer

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for a full time Customer Service Representative position on the BMO career website, and I got an email say I got an telephone interview about 2 weeks later. I confirmed the telephone interview time and details through the emailI. and Will be having the interview by next week.

Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in December 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, had phone interview and then in person interview with branch manager. The process took about two weeks in total. Nothing out of the ordinary. There's really, nothing more to write about.

Interview Question – Pretty simple, standard customer service questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, salary was set.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview Details – Phone interview, in-person interview. In-person is usually with the branch manager that you'll be working for. So heads up if you didn't like that location that you're being interviewed in because a high chance that that will be your branch.

Interview Question – The usual questions like "Sell me this pen." "Why do you want to work here...etc"   Answer Question

Interviewed at BMO Financial Group

Interview Details – Applied through their company job fair and met with a hiring specialist. After four days received an email requesting that I apply online to a specific job. Less than a week, I received an email with instructions on the video interview. After a week, I got a call for a schedule for a phone interview. Will be having the interview by next week.

Interview Question – Give a constructive feedback you received and how did you act on it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not done with the interview process.

Worked for BMO Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!