BMO Financial Group
www.bmo.com Toronto, Canada 5000+ Employees

BMO Financial Group Customer Services Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 7, 2014

Getting the Interview

55 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – Received an email of telephone pre-screen interview two days after applying online. Many behavioral questions after some general questions. Haven't hear from them since then.

Interview Question – What is your least favorable duty at your last position   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Met branch manager for interview, Phone interview, HR interview.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen. What strategy so you Think is important in order to be successful in the position of CSR.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview Details – there are three parts to the interview process: the first one is online where you record your answers via webcam, the second is on the phone with a HR manager, and the third is in person with an assistant branch manager. Questions were customer service oriented.

Interview Question – there actually weren't any difficult questions, be honest and you should be okay :)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview Details – Emailed me and ask me t go through a online video session, did that and waiting fr 1 month did not get any response.

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online.Got a call for interview in a weeks time.The first was at the branch with the branch manager and assistant manager. Was an easy one. walk me through ur CV, ur strengths, ur past experience, r u comfortable with sales targets..? cleared that and moved to the second round of (telephonic) interview. were all behavioural questions based on past expereinces. Name a time u were loyal to ur company, a time when u sold something to someone he dint really want, a time when u handled a difficult situation.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.. but the telephonic interviewer simply tried to confuse for no reason...   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in April 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews: Telephone and face to face

Interview Question – Scenario of any specific situation   Answer Question

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, and took about 2 weeks get a phone interview. The interview took about 30 min.

Interview Question – tell me about dealing with difficult customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with the recruiting consultant, then had a second in person interview with the recruiting consultant and the "centralized hiring specialist" at the BMO branch.

Interview Question – Points to a ball point pen on the table...."Sell me this pen!"   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – applied online, second day asked me to take a digital interview.

Interview Question – 1) Tell me about a time when you demonstrated great customer service by promoting or up selling a product or service the customer may not have otherwise considered? What specifically did the customer come in to buy and what were you able to up sell to him/her? Are you comfortable with sales targets, when have you sold something a customer didn't want.
2) Describe a time when you were able to make a significant contribution to a team effort, goal or objective.
3) Describe a time where you displayed exception customer service?
  Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview, branch manager interview

Interview Question – Have you ever sold a product to a customer and she/he did not want it initially?
What's your previous/current salary? what's your expectation of salary?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available

Interviews for Top Jobs at BMO Financial Group

Worked for BMO Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BMO Financial Group Customer Services Representative interview questions and advice. All 55 interview reviews posted anonymously by BMO Financial Group employees and interview candidates.