BMO Financial Group
www.bmo.com Toronto, Canada 5000+ Employees

BMO Financial Group Customer Services Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
61 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume last week and got an email two days later that asked me to do an online interview. It took me about 15 minutes. 9 questions total, 6 multiple questions and 3 shot answer questions. Shot answer questions are" Tell me about a time when you demonstrated great customer service by promoting or up selling a product or service the customer may not have otherwise considered? Describe a time when you were able to make a significant contribution to a team effort. Describe a time where you displayed exception customer service?

Interview Question – The online interview has 9 questions. 6 of them were multiple answer questions and 3 of them were shot answer questions that ask you to talk in front of the camera.   View Answer

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for a full time Customer Service Representative position on the BMO career website, and I got an email say I got an telephone interview about 2 weeks later. I confirmed the telephone interview time and details through the emailI. and Will be having the interview by next week.

Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in December 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, had phone interview and then in person interview with branch manager. The process took about two weeks in total. Nothing out of the ordinary. There's really, nothing more to write about.

Interview Question – Pretty simple, standard customer service questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, salary was set.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview Details – Phone interview, in-person interview. In-person is usually with the branch manager that you'll be working for. So heads up if you didn't like that location that you're being interviewed in because a high chance that that will be your branch.

Interview Question – The usual questions like "Sell me this pen." "Why do you want to work here...etc"   Answer Question

Interviewed at BMO Financial Group

Interview Details – Applied through their company job fair and met with a hiring specialist. After four days received an email requesting that I apply online to a specific job. Less than a week, I received an email with instructions on the video interview. After a week, I got a call for a schedule for a phone interview. Will be having the interview by next week.

Interview Question – Give a constructive feedback you received and how did you act on it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not done with the interview process.

Interviewed at BMO Financial Group

Interview Details – HR phone and 2 - in person interview

Interview Question – sales and service oriented questions   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – Received an email of telephone pre-screen interview two days after applying online. Many behavioral questions after some general questions. Haven't hear from them since then.

Interview Question – What is your least favorable duty at your last position   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – Met branch manager for interview, Phone interview, HR interview.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen. What strategy so you Think is important in order to be successful in the position of CSR.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

Interview Details – there are three parts to the interview process: the first one is online where you record your answers via webcam, the second is on the phone with a HR manager, and the third is in person with an assistant branch manager. Questions were customer service oriented.

Interview Question – there actually weren't any difficult questions, be honest and you should be okay :)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview Details – Emailed me and ask me t go through a online video session, did that and waiting fr 1 month did not get any response.

Interviews for Top Jobs at BMO Financial Group

Worked for BMO Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BMO Financial Group Customer Services Representative interview questions and advice. All 61 interview reviews posted anonymously by BMO Financial Group employees and interview candidates.