BMO Financial Group

Updated Dec 21, 2014

2.7

76 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online through the career website of the bank. Few weeks later I received an email asking me to set up a time slot for a phone interview. The interview was easy, however, you must answer precisely as the lady will cut you off in the middle of your response if you answer is long. After that I had interview with the branch manager. In the end, I did not get the position, but it was a great experience

Other Interview Reviews for BMO Financial Group

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group.

I submitted my resume during Job Fair event. Received a call after 4 days for phone interview then face to face interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was very nice and friendly. I got an offer at the end of the interview session.

Interview Questions
    • Very simple questions. How to handle angry customer, how to sell credit card to student.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Applied on line, and about several weeks later got an email to appoint an interview on line. Interview included some behavior questions and some other quick questions. A week later, got an email again said my experience didn't fit the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why BMO? Did you ever meet difficult customers, and who did you do?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in November 2014.

I just had a interview from BMO. I applied online since months a go but drop by the office works better, at least you can let them know that you are interested in the position. It's all about your personal experience and sales experience such as how did you achieve your sale target? be sure about your resume.

Interview Questions
    • What a constructive feedback you received and how did you act on it? Why BMO? What did you do in your previous job to fit in this position?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in February 2014.

Did a phone interview. Basic questions like a time when you were loyal to a manager, an example if upselling, a time when you dealt with an angry customer and the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • A time when you were loyal to employer
      Upselling example
      Do you think you can sell things
      Can you work Saturdays
      Angry customers, example of how you handled it.

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in May 2014.

Initial communication: was hired internally through BMO (transfer from another department)
    Recruitment company: Aon Hewitt
    Number of interviews: 2
    First interview: conducted over the telephone with a representative from Aon Hewitt, professional, standard interview, asking mostly behavioural and situational questions
    Second interview: conducted in branch by Branch Manager and Assistance branch manager, asked many similar questions, also asked more about what kind of availability I had and how long I planned on working there if hired.

Interview Questions
    • Standard, but I hadn't had much practice at the time: What is one weakness you could see that would affect your ability to work?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

We would like you to participate in a digital interview. Digital interviews use the latest technology to facilitate the interview process. It will take approximately 20 minutes to complete. This process allows us to share your completed interview to multiple BMO recruiters to help expedite our review process and respect your valuable time.
    In this recorded digital interview, you will be asked a few questions so that we can get to know you better. After you finish, we will review your responses and contact you if we’d like to proceed with your candidacy. We would appreciate it if you could please complete this within 2 days of receiving this message.

Interview Questions
    • In order to participate, you will need a webcam with a microphone and a computer with high-speed internet access. We highly recommend that you run the connection test portion of your setup process ahead of time to ensure that your location has an appropriate connection.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in September 2014.

Applied online, then got an email for a video interview, a few days after, another email for a short phone interview, then another interview with the branch manager of the prospective branch. 3 interviews in all. The video interview is kind of nerve racking because there is no one at the other end so you are literally talking to your self, phone interview is about 5-10 minutes long.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you demonstrated great customer service by promoting or up selling a product or service that the customer may not have otherwise considered.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were able to make significant contribution to a team effort, goal or objective.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a constructive feedback you received and how you acted on it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I initially applied online to several CSR positions with BMO through their website. I didn't have any internal or employee referral. I managed to get an in-person interview with the manager at a branch after contacting the branch by phone. The manager was pleasant and friendly. Upon completion of the interview, the manager said she would discuss her thoughts with the HR recruiter and they would make a decision together.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions. Most were average: Tell me about yourself? How would you sell a credit card? Why do you want to work for BMO? What are your future goals or aspirations? Will this be your primary work?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Contacted Employment counselor at Uni to send resume to BMO Recruiter. Got phone interview within a week. General questions related to resume, told will be contacted by HR within a week. Interviewed next week in person. Behavioral Questions: tell me about yourself, selling credit card to student, e.g. of difficult conversation, e.g. of going above and beyond, e.g. of problem solving, e.g. team work, why do you want to work at BMO.

Interview Questions
    Checked the career page to see closest branches. There was an opening in a branch close by and I asked if i could work there. they allowed it. Didnt negotiate much, I needed part time to complete my Degree. I got part time.