BMO Financial Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Got a really late call (May) and lady seemed rushed to do the interview. I already expected to not get an offer so I'm not sure why they bothered to call back so late in the game. I do like BMO I just felt like I should have been treated more fairly instead of rushed through the phone.

Interview Questions
    • There were only casual interview questions like "Tell me about..."   Answer Question

Senior Deal Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Began with a phone interview and quickly followed by an invite for the first in-person conversation. Second interview involved meeting with multiple teams of people. Final interview was directly with a senior manager to whom I would report. All very positive, warm, and genuine people.

Interview Questions
    • Why this particular position with my particular credentials.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Phone interview and then a face to face, questions regarding expectations

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in March 2014.

Replied to post and was contacted by HR in Toronto through email to set up face to face interview with the hiring team

Business Technology and Programming Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in February 2014.

1 telephone interview with the recruiter

Interview Questions
    • Give examples where you demonstrated loyalty, team work, leadership skills , volunteer work   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in October 2011.

Campus recruiting; went through first round and proceeded to second round (with a pre-interview reception).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were constantly busy and stressed   View Answer

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hollywood, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in January 2010.

Very efficient, no problems initially

Interview Questions
    • Previous Proof of Salary documentation needed   View Answer
    I had to prove a previous job offer details to get more compensation upfront. Had to go back and research as previous employer was out of business, so had a lot of difficulty proving what I told the recruiter. Used print outs from previous apps. Over all however the phase was smooth.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in December 2010.

The hiring process started with me responding to an advertisement on the company website. After about a month I received a response and set up a phone interview followed by three face to face meetings. Overall the process was painless and my feature manager and colleagues got to know me and my skill through a casual (i.e. not interrogation) set of meetings.

Service Manager ( Teller Manager ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mundelein, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mundelein, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in November 2013.

Applied online and about a week later received email from the recruitment network requesting a phone screening. This portion of the interview process was all done by email. The recruiter (from a third party vendor - aonhewitt) gave her availability and I replied back and she confirmed. After the initial phone interview, which consisted of the usual behavioral questions, she informed me she would forward her notes to the hiring manager. If he was interested, he would contact me. The recruiter was friendly and helpful. She let me know that if I was invited to interview with the manager the questions would be more of the same, but more aggressive.
        I did get that second interview, and had a great rapport with the branch manager, but did not get the position. The interview lasted an hour and was more behavioral questions (i.e. specific examples of what you did or how you've handled past experiences). They do NOT want to hear what you WOULD do.
        Both the recruiter and the hiring manager were very truthful in that they both told me there were several candidates for the role and many internally. I did appreciate this information. Overall, the experience was positive and I will continue to seek other positions within this company.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle an employee who did not like you or was difficult?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

All through campus recruiting. First round on campus, second round in Toronto. First round was just a resume review, and a couple of questions, namely the prices of certain commodities and to talk about an equity you like and why. Round two was a typical 4 interview day, where 3 were behavioural and one was technical.

Interview Questions
    • Just technical accounting and finance questions you'd expect in a finance interview. No brain teasers.   Answer Question

Worked for BMO Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!