BMO Financial Group

214 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview Details – Got a really late call (May) and lady seemed rushed to do the interview. I already expected to not get an offer so I'm not sure why they bothered to call back so late in the game. I do like BMO I just felt like I should have been treated more fairly instead of rushed through the phone.

Interview Question – There were only casual interview questions like "Tell me about..."   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Deal Specialist Interview

Senior Deal Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview Details – Began with a phone interview and quickly followed by an invite for the first in-person conversation. Second interview involved meeting with multiple teams of people. Final interview was directly with a senior manager to whom I would report. All very positive, warm, and genuine people.

Interview Question – Why this particular position with my particular credentials.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then a face to face, questions regarding expectations

Interview Question – Technical question of Access   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – Replied to post and was contacted by HR in Toronto through email to set up face to face interview with the hiring team

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward. Asked the usual questions   Answer Question

Business Technology and Programming Interview

Business Technology and Programming
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1 telephone interview with the recruiter

Interview Question – Give examples where you demonstrated loyalty, team work, leadership skills , volunteer work   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Investment Banking Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting; went through first round and proceeded to second round (with a pre-interview reception).

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were constantly busy and stressed   View Answer

Mortgage Banker Interview

Mortgage Banker
Hollywood, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very efficient, no problems initially

Interview Question – Previous Proof of Salary documentation needed   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had to prove a previous job offer details to get more compensation upfront. Had to go back and research as previous employer was out of business, so had a lot of difficulty proving what I told the recruiter. Used print outs from previous apps. Over all however the phase was smooth.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Quantitative Researcher
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in December 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process started with me responding to an advertisement on the company website. After about a month I received a response and set up a phone interview followed by three face to face meetings. Overall the process was painless and my feature manager and colleagues got to know me and my skill through a casual (i.e. not interrogation) set of meetings.

Interview Question – There was no truly difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Service Manager ( Teller Manager ) Interview

Service Manager ( Teller Manager )
Mundelein, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and about a week later received email from the recruitment network requesting a phone screening. This portion of the interview process was all done by email. The recruiter (from a third party vendor - aonhewitt) gave her availability and I replied back and she confirmed. After the initial phone interview, which consisted of the usual behavioral questions, she informed me she would forward her notes to the hiring manager. If he was interested, he would contact me. The recruiter was friendly and helpful. She let me know that if I was invited to interview with the manager the questions would be more of the same, but more aggressive.
    I did get that second interview, and had a great rapport with the branch manager, but did not get the position. The interview lasted an hour and was more behavioral questions (i.e. specific examples of what you did or how you've handled past experiences). They do NOT want to hear what you WOULD do.
    Both the recruiter and the hiring manager were very truthful in that they both told me there were several candidates for the role and many internally. I did appreciate this information. Overall, the experience was positive and I will continue to seek other positions within this company.

Interview Question – How did you handle an employee who did not like you or was difficult?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview Details – All through campus recruiting. First round on campus, second round in Toronto. First round was just a resume review, and a couple of questions, namely the prices of certain commodities and to talk about an equity you like and why. Round two was a typical 4 interview day, where 3 were behavioural and one was technical.

Interview Question – Just technical accounting and finance questions you'd expect in a finance interview. No brain teasers.   Answer Question

Worked for BMO Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!