BMO Financial Group

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
204 candidate interviews

Customer Contact Agent

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview Details – I applied via university website by just simply submitting my resume without cover letter. then got a link to do online tests and digital interview. The online tests take a long time to finish (approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes) and the questions cover call center simulation, basic maths and personality test.

Interview Question – Please share your successful sales experience   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in June 2011.

Interview Details – Application is processed by AON Hewitt. Criteria for selection is ambiguous. HR Specialist will call and complete behavioural questionnaire. i.e. Example of dealing with change, problem people, etc. Interview with hiring manager, interview with hiring manager's peer, interview with hiring manager's superior. Offer.

Interview Question – None. Very standard process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Limited. Offer was reasonable. Internal transfer.

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2014.

Interview Details – Sunday - Applied online
Tuesday- Receive on invitation to complete a Digital Interview
Thursday - Received an invitation to proceed to the next step: There are 3 main parts to the assessment:
                    1. Interactive portion (i.e. you'll be asked to act like an Agent and you have to choose the best
                         response given the situation.)
                    2. Personality Assessment
                    3. Math and Verbal Assessment
Thursday (same day about 20 minutes after I submitted my assessment) I received a call requesting a telephone interview later on that day.
Thursday - (same day) - Had a telephone interview in the late afternoon
Friday - Face to face interview with our Centralized Hiring Specialist

Interview Question – Name a time when you contributed to the success of your team.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pricing Analyst Interview

Pricing Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – One interview with the direct manager and one with the Team Director. Questions about my previous experience, personality and knowledge related to mortgages. Really positive experience and nice conversation. Received response in a couple of days after the interview.

Interview Question – Economic data about Canada.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate as I was really looking to get that position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume last week and got an email two days later that asked me to do an online interview. It took me about 15 minutes. 9 questions total, 6 multiple questions and 3 shot answer questions. Shot answer questions are" Tell me about a time when you demonstrated great customer service by promoting or up selling a product or service the customer may not have otherwise considered? Describe a time when you were able to make a significant contribution to a team effort. Describe a time where you displayed exception customer service?

Interview Question – The online interview has 9 questions. 6 of them were multiple answer questions and 3 of them were shot answer questions that ask you to talk in front of the camera.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Senior Deal Specialist Interview

Senior Deal Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview Details – Began with a phone interview and quickly followed by an invite for the first in-person conversation. Second interview involved meeting with multiple teams of people. Final interview was directly with a senior manager to whom I would report. All very positive, warm, and genuine people.

Interview Question – Why this particular position with my particular credentials.   Answer Question

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. HR Coordinator Sent me a digital interview to complete after that they sent me an online Assessment to complete I did that too. Then after three days they emailed me for phone interview of 15 mins.

Interview Question – Phone interview was v simple. Asked me YES or NO questions and then why do u want to work for BMO..long term goals? why did you apply for this position? and then went through my resume and asked why did I leave jobs etc.   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Technical Support Analyst
Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in June 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR and in-person interview with Manager. Background checks and education checks were performed. Nice work environment. Call-center environment. Good advancement opportunities. Process took 1 month. Be patient and your turn may come to. Just be yourself and professional.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you, What is a difficult situation you've come across, outlook, internet exlorer, networking related questions.   Answer Question

Financial Services Manager Interview

Financial Services Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in April 2012.

Interview Details – Telephone with hiring agency (Aon Hewitt) and one on one interview with Branch Manger or Area VP. When interviewed for my FSM role in I was asked by the Branch Manager "do I like to be micromanaged"? Micromanagement is part of the culture of BMO

Interview Question – Explain a situation when you were forced upset or disappoint a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - take it or leave it.

T&O Specialist II Interview

T&O Specialist II
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in December 2012.

Interview Details – 3 interviews all in all. Phone interview with HR, and 2 1/1 interviews with managers. HR asked a lot of behavioral questions, specifically esked for examples from my previous carreer experience when I did something outstanding, had to deal with difficult situation, etc. Managers were more focused on my professional background.

Negotiation Details – They simply asked at the end of the interview what my expectations were. That's it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at BMO Financial Group

Worked for BMO Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BMO Financial Group interview questions and advice. All 204 interview reviews posted anonymously by BMO Financial Group employees and interview candidates.