BMO Financial Group

Average Difficulty
209 candidate interviews

Reconciliation Clerk Interview

Reconciliation Clerk

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview Details – I went through agency to obtain the job opportunity. The agency set up the interview within a week and I met with the manager I would be working for. Easy interview with little to no questions. The interviewer just talked the entire time about the position and then asked if I could come in.

Customer Contact Agent

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview Details – Applied online a few weeks ago and then i was emailed an assessment/simulation to complete. The test simulation wasn't too hard, it asked basic questions about what you would do in certain scenarios. It also asked some math/knowledge questions. After the assessment i had a phone interview, a few days later was called in for a face to face interview. Couple days later I got a phone call with a job offer!

Interview Question – In the interview it was just general questions being asked like why BMO, etc. We went through my resume as well and why i left certain jobs, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2014.

Interview Details – I went to a job fair some time in June and received an email regarding some openings 2 weeks later applied online and got a phone interview the very next week and was confirmed with a face to face interview 2 weeks later and the actual interview happened about 3 weeks later. The interviewer let me right away that I am hired.

Interview Question – 1. What did you do above and beyond what was required by your previous role?

2. How comfortable are you with sales target?

3. How would you sell a credit card to a college student
  Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview Details – Got a really late call (May) and lady seemed rushed to do the interview. I already expected to not get an offer so I'm not sure why they bothered to call back so late in the game. I do like BMO I just felt like I should have been treated more fairly instead of rushed through the phone.

Interview Question – There were only casual interview questions like "Tell me about..."   Answer Question

Financial Services Manager Interview

Financial Services Manager
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied and didn't hear anything for about 3 months. I had a phone interview that was pretty basic. I messed up with easy questions (what are your strengths/weaknesses?) but did well enough with other things that I got a second interview with a branch manager. She liked me and I met with the regional manager.

Interview Question – Overall pretty basic. No difficult financial questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I just accepted 32500. I wish I negotiated. I accepted over the phone and didn't talk to that manager again for a while so I didn't really get a chance to negotiate after.

Customer Contact Agent

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview Details – I applied via university website by just simply submitting my resume without cover letter. then got a link to do online tests and digital interview. The online tests take a long time to finish (approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes) and the questions cover call center simulation, basic maths and personality test.

Interview Question – Please share your successful sales experience   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in June 2011.

Interview Details – Application is processed by AON Hewitt. Criteria for selection is ambiguous. HR Specialist will call and complete behavioural questionnaire. i.e. Example of dealing with change, problem people, etc. Interview with hiring manager, interview with hiring manager's peer, interview with hiring manager's superior. Offer.

Interview Question – None. Very standard process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Limited. Offer was reasonable. Internal transfer.

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2014.

Interview Details – Sunday - Applied online
Tuesday- Receive on invitation to complete a Digital Interview
Thursday - Received an invitation to proceed to the next step: There are 3 main parts to the assessment:
                    1. Interactive portion (i.e. you'll be asked to act like an Agent and you have to choose the best
                         response given the situation.)
                    2. Personality Assessment
                    3. Math and Verbal Assessment
Thursday (same day about 20 minutes after I submitted my assessment) I received a call requesting a telephone interview later on that day.
Thursday - (same day) - Had a telephone interview in the late afternoon
Friday - Face to face interview with our Centralized Hiring Specialist

Interview Question – Name a time when you contributed to the success of your team.   View Answer

Pricing Analyst Interview

Pricing Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – One interview with the direct manager and one with the Team Director. Questions about my previous experience, personality and knowledge related to mortgages. Really positive experience and nice conversation. Received response in a couple of days after the interview.

Interview Question – Economic data about Canada.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate as I was really looking to get that position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume last week and got an email two days later that asked me to do an online interview. It took me about 15 minutes. 9 questions total, 6 multiple questions and 3 shot answer questions. Shot answer questions are" Tell me about a time when you demonstrated great customer service by promoting or up selling a product or service the customer may not have otherwise considered? Describe a time when you were able to make a significant contribution to a team effort. Describe a time where you displayed exception customer service?

Interview Question – The online interview has 9 questions. 6 of them were multiple answer questions and 3 of them were shot answer questions that ask you to talk in front of the camera.   View Answer

Worked for BMO Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!