BMO Financial Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.8

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview with HR. All of the questions were about my experiences and why this job and why BMO. Then had a super day where I met with 5 current analyst or associates. Lots of technical questions about valuations and financial statements. Also behavior and fit questions.

Interview Questions

• If payment-in-kind depreciations changes how does it affect each finical statement?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I had a detailed phone interview to make sure that I knew what I was talking about. The second interview was a "chit-chat" with the manager to make sure she liked my personality and I would fit in.

Interview Questions

• What past projects have you worked on?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

Got a really late call (May) and lady seemed rushed to do the interview. I already expected to not get an offer so I'm not sure why they bothered to call back so late in the game. I do like BMO I just felt like I should have been treated more fairly instead of rushed through the phone.

Interview Questions

• There were only casual interview questions like "Tell me about..."   Answer Question

Senior Deal Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

Began with a phone interview and quickly followed by an invite for the first in-person conversation. Second interview involved meeting with multiple teams of people. Final interview was directly with a senior manager to whom I would report. All very positive, warm, and genuine people.

Interview Questions

• Why this particular position with my particular credentials.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

Phone interview and then a face to face, questions regarding expectations

Compiance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

I was given a phone interview. They asked very generic questions. I was not called in for an in person interview. HR Called me the next day after the phone interview and I was presented with an offer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in March 2014.

Interview

Replied to post and was contacted by HR in Toronto through email to set up face to face interview with the hiring team

Business Technology and Programming Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

1 telephone interview with the recruiter

Interview Questions

• Give examples where you demonstrated loyalty, team work, leadership skills , volunteer work   Answer Question

Service Manager ( Teller Manager ) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mundelein, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Mundelein, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online and about a week later received email from the recruitment network requesting a phone screening. This portion of the interview process was all done by email. The recruiter (from a third party vendor - aonhewitt) gave her availability and I replied back and she confirmed. After the initial phone interview, which consisted of the usual behavioral questions, she informed me she would forward her notes to the hiring manager. If he was interested, he would contact me. The recruiter was friendly and helpful. She let me know that if I was invited to interview with the manager the questions would be more of the same, but more aggressive. I did get that second interview, and had a great rapport with the branch manager, but did not get the position. The interview lasted an hour and was more behavioral questions (i.e. specific examples of what you did or how you've handled past experiences). They do NOT want to hear what you WOULD do. Both the recruiter and the hiring manager were very truthful in that they both told me there were several candidates for the role and many internally. I did appreciate this information. Overall, the experience was positive and I will continue to seek other positions within this company.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an employee who did not like you or was difficult?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

All through campus recruiting. First round on campus, second round in Toronto. First round was just a resume review, and a couple of questions, namely the prices of certain commodities and to talk about an equity you like and why. Round two was a typical 4 interview day, where 3 were behavioural and one was technical.

Interview Questions

• Just technical accounting and finance questions you'd expect in a finance interview. No brain teasers.   Answer Question