BMO Financial Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.8

Senior Manager Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at BMO Financial Group in November 2011.

Applied on-line. Received a response from the Recruiter (contractor) within 48hours. Phone interview was scheduled. I was asked basic questions about my resume (walk me through your resume, why are you interested in BMO? What are your salary expectations? I was told I would be contacted within a week. After three weeks with no additional contact, I applied for another position (Employee Relations Business Partner). I received a call from the same Recruiter (less than 48 hrs) to schedule a phone interview. I thought that perhaps she did not remember that I had spoken to her three weeks earlier. When she contacted me for the phone interview she began by saying; "This won't take long because i already have the answers from your last behavioral interview". Her next questions was: "i know you have some flexibility with your salary expectations, how low are you willing to go"?

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Tell me about the most complex Employee Relations issue you have had to resolve.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in October 2011.

Campus recruiting; went through first round and proceeded to second round (with a pre-interview reception).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were constantly busy and stressed   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in August 2011.

Telephone interview conducted first with a recruiter from BMO's HRO provider, Aon Hewitt. I was asked general questions pertaining to work experience: years, PM experience, job type/location preferences. About a day later, I was called back by same recruiter to schedule a face-to-face interview with hiring manager. During second interview, I was asked the same questions recruiter had asked. I was also asked to describe a situation where I had an issue woth a co-worker AND outline how I would approach it. Also, asked where do I see myself in 5 yrs, my weakness, my strength, PM tool usage, and PMBOK understanding

Interview Questions
    • Have I used Clarity? A comprehensive Project Financials, Resources, and time entry application.   View Answer
    Wasn't able to negotiate higher wages. I was alittle miffed about this point BUT accepted the offer regardless, basing it on the future opportunities this role may provide.

Financial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in May 2011.

Very normal process. Great people. A lot of interviews with group members.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions. Typical stuff.   Answer Question
    NA

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in December 2010.

The hiring process started with me responding to an advertisement on the company website. After about a month I received a response and set up a phone interview followed by three face to face meetings. Overall the process was painless and my feature manager and colleagues got to know me and my skill through a casual (i.e. not interrogation) set of meetings.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in September 2010.

Initially I received an E-mail from one of the Vice Presidents. Later on I spoke with Human Resources twice, once to set up an interview over the phone, and then again for the actual interview with her. The in depth interview on the telephone with HR lasted about 20-30 minutes. Finally, there was an in person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a bit about yourself.   View Answer
    • Describe a point in time when you needed to work as a team or act as a leader in order to overcome some sort of difficult task.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in April 2010.

Asked about personal life, General background on job history. Past experiences, and what you expect from an employer.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you seeking employement for the competitor.   View Answer
    It was very easy, as long as it was comparable to jobs similar, whatever you ask for you get.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in January 2010.

Very efficient, no problems initially

Interview Questions
    • Previous Proof of Salary documentation needed   View Answer
    I had to prove a previous job offer details to get more compensation upfront. Had to go back and research as previous employer was out of business, so had a lot of difficulty proving what I told the recruiter. Used print outs from previous apps. Over all however the phase was smooth.

Financial Analyst Interview

first they contact you via phone and ask you if you are still interested iun the position then they schedules an interview after going through your cv with you on the phone to make sure they have the right person then once you meet with the first interviewer they ask you to wait and then reschedule another interview with your potential future manager who then grills you and then decides to eith offer you a contract or to not hire you

Actuarial Analyst Interview

We had a phone interview at first. I was sent a link to application and I need to fill application forms online and got email confirmation about the phone interview time. I called the interviewer and talked about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one experience that you got feedback from your supervisor and how did that help you to improve   Answer Question