BMO Financial Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.8

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group (Boston, MA) in December 2010.

Interview

The hiring process started with me responding to an advertisement on the company website. After about a month I received a response and set up a phone interview followed by three face to face meetings. Overall the process was painless and my feature manager and colleagues got to know me and my skill through a casual (i.e. not interrogation) set of meetings.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

Initially I received an E-mail from one of the Vice Presidents. Later on I spoke with Human Resources twice, once to set up an interview over the phone, and then again for the actual interview with her. The in depth interview on the telephone with HR lasted about 20-30 minutes. Finally, there was an in person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Describe a point in time when you needed to work as a team or act as a leader in order to overcome some sort of difficult task.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BMO Financial Group (Brookfield, WI) in April 2010.

Interview

Asked about personal life, General background on job history. Past experiences, and what you expect from an employer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you seeking employement for the competitor.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very easy, as long as it was comparable to jobs similar, whatever you ask for you get.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group (Hollywood, FL) in January 2010.

Interview

Very efficient, no problems initially

Interview Questions

• Previous Proof of Salary documentation needed   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had to prove a previous job offer details to get more compensation upfront. Had to go back and research as previous employer was out of business, so had a lot of difficulty proving what I told the recruiter. Used print outs from previous apps. Over all however the phase was smooth.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

Online Interview - you will be filmed for this portion of the interview. They ask about your availabilities. I am waiting to hear from them on an offer. There will ask a question in French if you are bilingual.

Operations Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BMO Financial Group (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Phone interview with HR and then a one on one. Nothing out of the ordinary. Behavioural questions mostly and a bit about past experience and interests. Most questions are straight out of the book. greatest strengths and weaknesses.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Courtenay, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group (Courtenay, BC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

the interview process was phone interview that took close to ten minutes then a video interview with an HR hiring manager that was closer to an hour overall though it was a good experiance

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BMO Financial Group (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

1. applied online and got an email in 2 days
    2. Digital interview-you have 30 seconds to prepare for answer)
    3. Simulation test
    4. phone interview-why you left previous job(aon Hewitt)
    5. Face to face interview-biggest achievement

(Still waiting on offer)

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BMO Financial Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Just a warm conversation at first and I was told waiting for the next turn of interview in about some weeks.I am busy with a internship right now and will focus on it after the end of March.

Interview Questions

• What does "customer service" mean?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

I live in the area and they're just next to each other. Anybody have info on the pay and growth opportunities in RBC and
    BMO? By the way, I speak Cantonese a

Interview Questions

• I just received an offer for an entry level call centre role for RBC and BMO in the mississauga area. I'm a little bit torn since
      BMO? By the way, I speak Cantonese a