BMO Financial Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Contacted Employment counselor at Uni to send resume to BMO Recruiter. Got phone interview within a week. General questions related to resume, told will be contacted by HR within a week. Interviewed next week in person. Behavioral Questions: tell me about yourself, selling credit card to student, e.g. of difficult conversation, e.g. of going above and beyond, e.g. of problem solving, e.g. team work, why do you want to work at BMO.

Interview Questions
    Checked the career page to see closest branches. There was an opening in a branch close by and I asked if i could work there. they allowed it. Didnt negotiate much, I needed part time to complete my Degree. I got part time.

Senior Applications Software Developer Interview

There are only 2 Rounds of interview. Apply via a referral. Meet with the hiring manager and the Team lead.
    Very typical CS question and talked about the past project.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

interviewed at BMO Financial Group in March 2012.

The company is great. Everyone works hard and are very nice. I got the interview in China and I really experienced a wonderful company culture. The interview was not hard. There were just a few basic questions. Just be your self and be aware of your behavior.

Financial Services Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2014.

Career Day - Phone interview with HR - Panel Interview with Branch Manager
    The whole process take around 2-3 month. Need to be really patient.
    Phone interview is easy and basic behavioural questions. Prepared beforehand you can go through it really easy. I had a face-to-face panel interview which last around 30 minutes. BMs asked situational and some behavioural questions. This stage is more about fit. If they like you, you will most likely get the job.

Interview Questions
    • - tell me what difficulties do you think you will face in your first 90 days   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in May 2011.

Three interview: two on phone, one in person
    Phone interview are between 20-30 minutes and consist of simple questions: making you speak in both languages, ask about current/former job, experience, school...
    1:1 interview consists of several questions where the hiring manager fill up as she goes through them. About 45 minutes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2014.

Left the Resume and Cover Letter on hard copy with the Branch Manager. I didn't get any answer back. Talked with he for a while. He told me to apply online and talk to the HR manager. It was very strange, because usuaaly In-Person approach get you at least for an interview in this kind of placement.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Apply online, waited 7 day for phone Interview. Behaviors questions based. Then Face to Face invitation in 3 days after phone Interview. Offer a job 1 week after interview.

Interview Questions
    • Stats Questions. Take a guess, how much $ is in my pocket now?
      Eco questions. If the bank lend out 10K, how are the impact to Canadian GDP growth?
        View Answer

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Contacted for a digital interview. Once completed got an email request to do an online assessment-virtual call center, personal questions and math skills questions. Virtual calls are timed! Got an email for a phone interview a day later. Once completed the phone interview got a call requesting a face to face interview. Told about job and asked behavioural questions and why want to work as contact agent.

Interview Questions
    • Why work at call center? Time above/ beyond for customer? Time customer bought something didn't want/need? Time handled upset/angry customer, time unprepared/ give advice by management to change something how handled it? Time handled criticism? What kind of criticism? Time worked as team, time lead a group?...   Answer Question

Customer Contact Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2014.

online camera interview, call center simulation and math questions , 20 min phone interview, face to face interview with recruiter. Asked about why you left jobs, availability and relative experience

Senior Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

interviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2014.

Went thru contract first, then there was an opening in the team and still interview with the manager and get the job. Most of jobs are hired internally at BMO

Interview Questions
    • 20 questions. very constructive. they are all personal behaviour questions. Your goal, why hire you, what could you bring to BMO, why BMO, etc   Answer Question