BMO Financial Group

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Contacted Employment counselor at Uni to send resume to BMO Recruiter. Got phone interview within a week. General questions related to resume, told will be contacted by HR within a week. Interviewed next week in person. Behavioral Questions: tell me about yourself, selling credit card to student, e.g. of difficult conversation, e.g. of going above and beyond, e.g. of problem solving, e.g. team work, why do you want to work at BMO.

Interview Questions
    Checked the career page to see closest branches. There was an opening in a branch close by and I asked if i could work there. they allowed it. Didnt negotiate much, I needed part time to complete my Degree. I got part time.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in September 2014.

There are two interviewee from BMO Capital Market. First one is the M&A associate, and he asked about technical part. Stock pitch, recent market transaction, EV/EBITDA multiples. Depth is very important. The second part is the behaviour, please go over your resume, why BMO.

Interview Questions
    • If a company has large transaction next year, how will its EV/EBITDA multiple change?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in September 2014.

I was contacted initially by HR which led to a second interview. This interview was more behavioral. Third interview was with a panel which was based on situatonal questions and fit.

Interview Questions
    • Questons were around my experiences and what I could bring to the organization, managing staff and working in a high pressure environment.   Answer Question

Consultant - Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person – interviewed at BMO Financial Group in September 2014.

My perception of the people was positive. They came across as empowered, organized and motivated.There were two interviews with VP level hiring manager, two peer interviews and then an offer. As a consultant, I was asked to start immediately once my 'consultant fees' were submitted and I was set up as a vendor. The role was full time but temporary. And then absolutely no correspondence. Disappointingly, it took 5+ emails and phone calls to both the hiring VP and peers. There is no reason that some response could not have been provided. It took 4 1/2 weeks to receive a reply. I accept that resources were since found internally, but I'd expect this employer to be more forthcoming, transparent and communicative. My dealings were with the line of business and not HR. NOT a good representation of the brand I'm sure BMO wishes to project.

Wealth Management Associate Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BMO Financial Group in September 2014.

Only received a behavioural phone interview with the HR. I didn't passed the phone screening. After the phone interview, there is going to 2 rounds of interview. First round with current associates and HR. Second round with a panel of VPs.

Interview Questions
    • What is the challenge that you think will stop you from entering the program?   Answer Question

Senior Applications Software Developer Interview

There are only 2 Rounds of interview. Apply via a referral. Meet with the hiring manager and the Team lead.
    Very typical CS question and talked about the past project.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Apply online, waited 7 day for phone Interview. Behaviors questions based. Then Face to Face invitation in 3 days after phone Interview. Offer a job 1 week after interview.

Interview Questions
    • Stats Questions. Take a guess, how much $ is in my pocket now?
      Eco questions. If the bank lend out 10K, how are the impact to Canadian GDP growth?
        View Answer

Customer Contact Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Applied online a few weeks ago and then i was emailed an assessment/simulation to complete. The test simulation wasn't too hard, it asked basic questions about what you would do in certain scenarios. It also asked some math/knowledge questions. After the assessment i had a phone interview, a few days later was called in for a face to face interview. Couple days later I got a phone call with a job offer!

Interview Questions
    • In the interview it was just general questions being asked like why BMO, etc. We went through my resume as well and why i left certain jobs, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Contacted for a digital interview. Once completed got an email request to do an online assessment-virtual call center, personal questions and math skills questions. Virtual calls are timed! Got an email for a phone interview a day later. Once completed the phone interview got a call requesting a face to face interview. Told about job and asked behavioural questions and why want to work as contact agent.

Interview Questions
    • Why work at call center? Time above/ beyond for customer? Time customer bought something didn't want/need? Time handled upset/angry customer, time unprepared/ give advice by management to change something how handled it? Time handled criticism? What kind of criticism? Time worked as team, time lead a group?...   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Applied online... Had phone interview..easy questions like give example wen u had criticize situation, wen u think u were loyal to ur manager, above n beyond customer service, talked about resume whats ur job at ur current employer, why u think u wanna leave.., basic questions.....face to face interview...tips will b be confident, tell them u dont give up on sales, always working...

In process