BMO Financial Group

Average Difficulty
216 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for a full time Customer Service Representative position on the BMO career website, and I got an email say I got an telephone interview about 2 weeks later. I confirmed the telephone interview time and details through the emailI. and Will be having the interview by next week.

Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in December 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, had phone interview and then in person interview with branch manager. The process took about two weeks in total. Nothing out of the ordinary. There's really, nothing more to write about.

Interview Question – Pretty simple, standard customer service questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, salary was set.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview Details – Phone interview, in-person interview. In-person is usually with the branch manager that you'll be working for. So heads up if you didn't like that location that you're being interviewed in because a high chance that that will be your branch.

Interview Question – The usual questions like "Sell me this pen." "Why do you want to work here...etc"   Answer Question

Interviewed at BMO Financial Group

Interview Details – Applied through their company job fair and met with a hiring specialist. After four days received an email requesting that I apply online to a specific job. Less than a week, I received an email with instructions on the video interview. After a week, I got a call for a schedule for a phone interview. Will be having the interview by next week.

Interview Question – Give a constructive feedback you received and how did you act on it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not done with the interview process.

Interviewed at BMO Financial Group

Interview Details – HR phone and 2 - in person interview

Interview Question – sales and service oriented questions   Answer Question

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Customer Contact Agent
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Interview Details – Process took two weeks. Digital Interview > Online Assessment > Phone Interview > In person Interview

Interview Question – Sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Client Relationship Consultant Interview

Client Relationship Consultant
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in November 2013.

Interview Details – - 2 interviews first one is a telephone interview
- if you get past the telephone interview you will interview with 1 or 2 managers at investorlnie
- the interview has both questions about past experience and behavioral questions

Interview Question – - its different for everyone but they will ask for extremely specific examples based on an item or two you have listed in your resume so you better hope you can back it up   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Senior Reporting Analyst Interview

Senior Reporting Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2012.

Interview Details – 3 weeks - 1 phone interview with HR, 1 interview with the senior managers of the team, 1 final interview with the director of the team

Interview Question – "what is your development opportunity"   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at BMO Financial Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – Received an email of telephone pre-screen interview two days after applying online. Many behavioral questions after some general questions. Haven't hear from them since then.

Interview Question – What is your least favorable duty at your last position   Answer Question

Customer Contact Agent Interview

Customer Contact Agent

I applied online and interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very straight forward:
- 1 phone interview
- 1 face to face interview

they asked me the typical questions for both interviews:
- tell us about a time where you demonstrated leadership
- tell us about a problem you encountered while working with a group and how did you resolve it
- tell us about your exposure/performance in a sales driven environment

Interview Question – they really ask all the generic questions which are really easy to prepare for. Just be sure your french is alright if you're in QC as they'll change languages halfway through each interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i didn't negotiate but asked for a raise after my probation period