BMO Financial Group

Updated Jul 22, 2014

2.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in July 2014.

I applied online for a part-time customer service representative position. I got a phone call that I was going to have a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was told right away that I was going to have another interview with HR manager, and I'm waiting for the day.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. If you are well prepared, it is highly likely that you won't have to face unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at BMO Financial Group in March 2013.

phone interview, 2 in person interview with branch manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in February 2013.

phone interview and face to face interview

Financial Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Applied for the positoin online, had a Phone interview 1 week later and following an interview by the branch manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you showed loyalty at your current role/job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in August 2012.

applied online, get a phone interview first, then 1:1 interview

Interview Questions
    • EASY interview questions, background, long goal, waht skills do you have, and some behavior questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at BMO Financial Group in December 2011.

Applied online, had phone interview and then in person interview with branch manager. The process took about two weeks in total. Nothing out of the ordinary. There's really, nothing more to write about.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, salary was set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in November 2011.

Initial interview is done over the phone. General questions asked, not too bad.
    Followed by two in-branch interviews. Tips: Applicants should understand CSRs are a SALES heavy role as much as providing excellent customer service

Interview Questions
    • Name a few difficult objections/ situations you have been in dealing with customers and how did you overcome these objections?   Answer Question
    not able to negotiate.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in October 2011.

I got the phone interview chance by a Saskatoon local BMO branch manager's reference, whose a friend of mine for a part-time teller position. Two days after, I got the HR lady from Vancouver's office calling me about setting up a phone interview on the second day.

During the 1 hour's interview, most questions are behavior type questions plus basic personal information. But the recruiter was speaking incredibly fast that would make me feel pushed.

Overall, not a hard interview but definitely need to spend some time doing the homework before heading to the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in September 2011.

I was given a call to schedule for a phone interview first.
    The phone interview was outsourced to an HR company. It lasted around 30-45 mins.
    She reviewed my results with the branch manager and got a call back a few days later saying that the manager will contact me in a few days to schedule for an in-person interview.
    The in-person interview took place with the branch and it was along with another assistant branch manager.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you demonstrated or experienced excellent customer service   Answer Question
    • Name a time when a customer complain and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • What did you do beyond in the workplace you worked for before?   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BMO Financial Group in March 2010.

three one on one interviews, pretty standard questions. very nice staff and management. good experience overall. advice for other candidates would be to be prepared to talk about yourself and come in with a positive attitude.