BMO Harris Bank

Updated Nov 9, 2014

2.5

Service Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BMO Harris Bank.

You first meet with HR then the Branch Manager if you make it through the first set of interviews. Not a difficult interview. Be prepared for lots of questions, especially on your customer service background.

Business Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BMO Harris Bank.

I completed the application online in January and did not hear back for a very long time. Eventually I had a phone interview that was more of a phone screening and then was called for an on site interview in Madison, WI where I was worked for the summer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Offered me a good amount of money for a summer internship.

Retirement Education Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMO Harris Bank.

Team was very negative. Instead of questions about my background, it felt more like I was being attacked and challenged. The way they spoke to each other gave me a number of red flags. When their boss joined the room, it did not improve.

The team was toxic

Universal Banker Interview

It was easy. I don't remember much. Filled out app and MGR called me within a week. It's a panel interview, everyone was nice and a bit informal. Seemed like a fun place to work

None

Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMO Harris Bank in July 2014.

She had a set of questions she just read off. She didn't really listen to me because I'd provide information and she'd ask me a question like I hadn't given her the information. Happened twice. Was she too busy? Then, she didn't give me a chance to ask questions. Bad interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging thing that you've faced?   Answer Question

Operational Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BMO Harris Bank.

The hiring process was long, about 2 months and I met with most of the Team members. However there is a firm wide tendency to exaggerate the autonomy being provided.

Personal Banker Interview

attended a job fair at BMO's new building in Naperville, IL off of I-88. After talking with several hiring managers in various departments, I finally talked to someone in Collections who wanted me to schedule a formal interview for the position of Loan Collector. I met with someone from HR who scheduled me to meet with the hiring managers in the office in Rolling Meadows. I interviewed with 2 managers who were both asking me questions.

Their questions were fine--nothing you wouldn't expect in an interview. Soon, we came to "So what questions do you have for us?" That's when I started to doubt that this was a good fit for me. I asked them "What is the culture like? Is it a fun place to work?" The answer I got was not convincing. It was almost like they were trying too hard like, "It's REALLY fun. No, I swear. People LOVE it here." I'm not buying it. When I asked if I could spend a few moments out on the sales floor to see what the work environment is like, they politely declined, saying that my request wouldn't be possible. Well now I'm definitely uncomfortable. It's like they didn't want me to know what I'd be doing. Sorry, I'm not going to leave my current full-time job unless I know what I'm getting myself into.

Universal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BMO Harris Bank.

Vary straight forward two interviews with the hiring manager one interview with the regional manager

Senior Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BMO Harris Bank in April 2014.

2 hour interview. Very thorough. Felt comfortable with the then management structure and the overall interview. Was able to convince the managers that I was the right person for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work from an automatic dialer system to collect delinquent accounts.   View Answer
    Less than two minutes over the phone.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mequon, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mequon, WI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BMO Harris Bank.

I had a half an hour phone interview with an HR person. She was really easy to talk to. She asked basic behavioral questions and background questions. Next I had a second interview with the Bank Manager, and 3rd with the Market President.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you had to convince someone who was stuck in their ways to change what they were doing.   Answer Question
    I told my salary expectations to the HR rep that I had my first interview with and they met my requirement.