BMO Harris Bank N.A.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Representative Interview

Service Representative
Shawnee, KS

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Harris Bank N.A. in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online. A few weeks later I had a phone interview. Then I had a face to face with the branch manager and assistant manager. About a month later I got the offer.

Interview Question – They were mostly STAR questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiating.

Service Representative Interview

Service Representative
Shawnee, KS

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Harris Bank N.A. in November 2013.

Interview Details – My first interview was a phone interview with a recruiter/HR person. My second interview was with the Branch Mgr and Service Mgr together as a panel type of interview that lasted approximately one and a half hours.

Operational Risk Manager Interview

Operational Risk Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BMO Harris Bank N.A..

Interview Details – The hiring process was long, about 2 months and I met with most of the Team members. However there is a firm wide tendency to exaggerate the autonomy being provided.

Interview Question – None. Fairly typical interview process   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Representative Intern Interview

Customer Service Representative Intern
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BMO Harris Bank N.A. in May 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring for internships start in January or February depending on your location-- whether you are in the United States or Canada. Since the application pool is large, BMO Harris Bank starts off with phone interviews like the majority of large companies. Then, if you are lucky enough to get an in person interview, you are greeted by a nice hiring manager. I highly recommend applying to this internship.

Interview Question – No Difficult or unexpected questions. Mostly behavioral questions, but very useful.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker

Interviewed at BMO Harris Bank N.A.

Interview Details – attended a job fair at BMO's new building in Naperville, IL off of I-88. After talking with several hiring managers in various departments, I finally talked to someone in Collections who wanted me to schedule a formal interview for the position of Loan Collector. I met with someone from HR who scheduled me to meet with the hiring managers in the office in Rolling Meadows. I interviewed with 2 managers who were both asking me questions.

Their questions were fine--nothing you wouldn't expect in an interview. Soon, we came to "So what questions do you have for us?" That's when I started to doubt that this was a good fit for me. I asked them "What is the culture like? Is it a fun place to work?" The answer I got was not convincing. It was almost like they were trying too hard like, "It's REALLY fun. No, I swear. People LOVE it here." I'm not buying it. When I asked if I could spend a few moments out on the sales floor to see what the work environment is like, they politely declined, saying that my request wouldn't be possible. Well now I'm definitely uncomfortable. It's like they didn't want me to know what I'd be doing. Sorry, I'm not going to leave my current full-time job unless I know what I'm getting myself into.

Interview Question – What are 3 characteristics of a good leader   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Loan Collector Interview

Loan Collector
Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BMO Harris Bank N.A. in May 2013.

Interview Details – I attended a job fair at BMO's new building in Naperville, IL off of I-88. After talking with several hiring managers in various departments, I finally talked to someone in Collections who wanted me to schedule a formal interview for the position of Loan Collector. I met with someone from HR who scheduled me to meet with the hiring managers in the office in Rolling Meadows. I interviewed with 2 managers who were both asking me questions.

A few days later, I got a call with a job offer. I declined. They spooked me.

Interview Question – What are 3 characteristics of a good leader?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – My interviewers didn't sell me on the company. I got the feeling that the culture was poor, and I kinda sensed that this was a "boiler room" type of sales environment. The salary offered was better than I make currently, but I think it was just "blood money" for having to put up with the job.

Universal Banker Interview

Universal Banker

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Harris Bank N.A..

Interview Details – Vary straight forward two interviews with the hiring manager one interview with the regional manager

Interview Question – Behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

Vice President Bank Manager Interview

Vice President Bank Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BMO Harris Bank N.A. in April 2010.

Interview Details – Three interviews, first one with two people.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Harris   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 1 day, I told them what I wanted and they agreed.

Marketing Information Product Specialist Interview

Marketing Information Product Specialist
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BMO Harris Bank N.A. in October 2013.

Interview Details – Detailed interview questions definitely suited for highly technical roles. This is a tight knit group.

Interview Question – Something like "if you were in a rowboat who would you be"   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at BMO Harris Bank N.A. in March 2010.

Interview Details – Internal interview conducted by hiring manager, peers to hiring manager and peers to role. Highly behavioral and conceptual questions. Requires review of examples of prior work and several meetings to discuss potential work deliverables. Interviewers were very cordial, yet professional. I learned a good deal about the potential challenges of the position. Upon accepting I encountered a few "land mines'" but doubt that the situations could have been addressed during the interview sessions.

Interview Question – How did you handle periods of stress and limited resources with the expectation for timely and high quality deliverables?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at BMO Harris Bank N.A.

Worked for BMO Harris Bank N.A.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BMO Harris Bank N.A. interview questions and advice. All 47 interview reviews posted anonymously by BMO Harris Bank N.A. employees and interview candidates.