BMO InvestorLine

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Investment Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BMO InvestorLine in June 2014.

Interview Details – It's a telephone interview conducted by third party. The question and answers will be recorded for review by hiring manager. It will take one week to make the decision whether you are chosen to have a face to face interview. Because it's a third party, the interviewer hasn't the decision power, so try to answer the question clearly and completely.

Interview Question – How to show your loyalty to your employer.   Answer Question

Client Relationship Consultant Interview

Client Relationship Consultant
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BMO InvestorLine in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interviewers will tend to ask practical work scenario questions rather than theoretical. Their purpose is to ensure that you are a 'people' person and not just a machine who processes applications. They want to ensure that you are someone decent and productive, yet at the same time someone with whom they can work, have lunch, and be able to talk about a variety of subjects.

Interview Question – Cannot recall.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are no opportunities to negotiate as I was hired as a contractor.

CRC Intern Interview

CRC Intern
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMO InvestorLine in January 2010.

Interview Details – interview was extremely detailed oriented.

Interview Question – what sport do you like   Answer Question

CRC Interview

CRC
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BMO InvestorLine.

Interview Details – - phone call to set up phone interview the day after i applied
- phone interview with recruiter
- 2nd phone interview with different recruiter
- in person interview with a manager and a senior agent
- in person to sign and accept offer

Negotiation Details – none

Client Relationship Consultant Interview

Client Relationship Consultant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BMO InvestorLine.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview with BMO's external HR consultant. All behavioral questions. Scenario based. About 40mins - 1hr. Really laid back, not intimidating.
2. In person interview. Met with two junior managers. More behavioral questions. Sales questions. Customer service questions. General market and economic questions (current events). Mostly scenario based.

Interview Question – My view on the effect of the results from US election (2008) would have on the financial services industry.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BMO InvestorLine in February 2010.

Interview Details – All Behaviourl questions: Tell me a time you had a bad day, tell me a time you had an irate customer, tell me a time when you made a mistake?

Interview Question – tell me a time when you had a bad day   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Investment Representative Interview

Investment Representative
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BMO InvestorLine in May 2011.

Interview Details – I got a phone interview first and 1 week later, a face to face interview appointment. Phone interview was easy and nice, just to confirm basic info on the resume. Face to face interview has behavioral questions like how to deal with difficult clients and why you choose this job. In a few days after the face to face interview, I got a phone call from a manager to sign documents and start to work. The entire procudeure takes around 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – It is pretty standard, so I did not really negotiate since there is a fixed scale for the position.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BMO InvestorLine in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview and a group/panel interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to handle a difficult customer   Answer Question
  • Tell us a time when you were given a criticism and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tell me a time when you had to handle a difficult situation

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BMO InvestorLine in October 2010.

Interview Details – The Broker interviewed me for the position. She brifely explained work environment and asked my long term carrer goals, and my past experiencec and my expectation of salaries.

Interview Question – Do you see yourself doing this work for nest 5 years?   Answer Question

Worked for BMO InvestorLine? Contribute to the Community!