BMR Advisors Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2014
Updated Aug 13, 2014

3.4

Associate-Corporate Taxation Interview

HR round: General knowledge and interrogation to know your intent of joining BMR
    Written test: to assess your logical and reasoning aptitude
    Hiring manager: Technical round- recent budget amendments, general tax proficiency, interest for taxation.

Interview Questions
    • why do you wish to begin your career with BMR advisors?   Answer Question
    The offer was competitive w.r.t. industry peers hence no need and no scope for further negotiation.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMR Advisors in February 2010.

Tough interviews. Common sense, attitude and technical abilities are all tested

Interview Questions
    • Speak about your objective mentioned on your resume   View Answer
    DId not negotiate

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

interviewed at BMR Advisors in February 2013.

I applied online to them and got an interview with them at their Gurgaon office. I was called for an HR round first at their Gurgaon office.

the interviewer was really nice and wasnt arrogant at all, he was from HR and asked simple questions about why I wanted to be with them etc. and some technical questions too.

Interview Questions
    • most difficult was whether their company was better or another company.   Answer Question

Indirect Taxation Interview

First a personal interview with the HR and then with manager

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BMR Advisors in May 2012.

Be clear in thoughts. You should be descriptive about your educational backgrounds and experiences. Be flexible in timing. Freshers should be ready to compromise somewhere. It also happens with experienced individuals.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMR Advisors in May 2012.

The interview was detailed. They have a particular 5-6 step process of conducting the interview as elaborated on their website, "A prospective candidate first meets our HR representative for familiarisation with the Firm. After this, a discussion is held on the technical and functional competencies that the candidate can bring to the Firm – followed by a round of psychological testing. The candidate gets a chance to meet with a prospective colleague to understand more about the firm before the final interview with a Partner. The entire process is designed to give both the Firm and the candidate sufficient time and information to commit to a long-term relationship."

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to work in the Tax field?   Answer Question
    • What has been your prior experience with Direct Tax related matters?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BMR Advisors in February 2012.

Started with telephonic interview by HR where my basic details such as year of qualification, current employer, work profile, salary expectations was discussed. 3-4 days later a 1:1 with HR was conducted where my communication skills and presentability was judged. Then a technical Interview was conducted by director who judged me on by core technical skills in my profile and then an discussion with Senior Director was conducted a week later. The process also included a background check and medical examination

Interview Questions
    • Describe in detail 2 most important projects you have handled and what was your advice to your client   View Answer

Worked for BMR Advisors? Contribute to the Community!