BMR Advisors

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate-Corporate Taxation Interview

Associate-Corporate Taxation

Interviewed at BMR Advisors

Interview Details – HR round: General knowledge and interrogation to know your intent of joining BMR
Written test: to assess your logical and reasoning aptitude
Hiring manager: Technical round- recent budget amendments, general tax proficiency, interest for taxation.

Interview Question – why do you wish to begin your career with BMR advisors?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was competitive w.r.t. industry peers hence no need and no scope for further negotiation.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMR Advisors in February 2010.

Interview Details – Tough interviews. Common sense, attitude and technical abilities are all tested

Interview Question – Speak about your objective mentioned on your resume   View Answer

Negotiation Details – DId not negotiate

Consulting Interview

Consulting
Delhi (India)

I interviewed at BMR Advisors in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online to them and got an interview with them at their Gurgaon office. I was called for an HR round first at their Gurgaon office.

the interviewer was really nice and wasnt arrogant at all, he was from HR and asked simple questions about why I wanted to be with them etc. and some technical questions too.

Interview Question – most difficult was whether their company was better or another company.   Answer Question

Indirect Taxation Interview

Indirect Taxation

Interviewed at BMR Advisors

Interview Details – First a personal interview with the HR and then with manager

Interview Question – No unexpected question   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BMR Advisors in May 2012.

Interview Details – Be clear in thoughts. You should be descriptive about your educational backgrounds and experiences. Be flexible in timing. Freshers should be ready to compromise somewhere. It also happens with experienced individuals.

Interview Question – What you have learnt from   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Chennai (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMR Advisors in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was detailed. They have a particular 5-6 step process of conducting the interview as elaborated on their website, "A prospective candidate first meets our HR representative for familiarisation with the Firm. After this, a discussion is held on the technical and functional competencies that the candidate can bring to the Firm – followed by a round of psychological testing. The candidate gets a chance to meet with a prospective colleague to understand more about the firm before the final interview with a Partner. The entire process is designed to give both the Firm and the candidate sufficient time and information to commit to a long-term relationship."

Interview Questions

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BMR Advisors in February 2012.

Interview Details – Started with telephonic interview by HR where my basic details such as year of qualification, current employer, work profile, salary expectations was discussed. 3-4 days later a 1:1 with HR was conducted where my communication skills and presentability was judged. Then a technical Interview was conducted by director who judged me on by core technical skills in my profile and then an discussion with Senior Director was conducted a week later. The process also included a background check and medical examination

Interview Question – Describe in detail 2 most important projects you have handled and what was your advice to your client   View Answer

Worked for BMR Advisors? Contribute to the Community!