BMW

BMW Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

Diagnostic Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at BMW.

The application was process was typical. Most of the questions were geared towards practical and relevant experience (to determine your base salary). This was followed by a series of behavioral questions.

Genius Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMW.

Applied by bringing a resume to the dealership and expressing my interest for the position. The position was unavailable online at the time since the BMW Genius program is relatively new. About three days later, I got a call to come in for an interview with the General Sales Manager. The interview entailed the job requirements and they asked basic questions about myself and my work experience. A week later I was invited for a second interview with the General Manager. The interview was very casual and an overview of my resume. They had me complete a background check form and was given a job offer.

Greeter Interview

Extremely short process after submitting application in person I was contacted a few days later. I spoke with the hiring manager and discussed the role and compensation. After a bit of negotiating we agreed on a salary and accepted an offer. Started immediately following the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very common interview questions so nothing was too difficult.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

One on campus interview that was 30 minutes. Very relaxed interview, but there was a lot of competition for very few spots.
    The questions weren't out of the ordinary, the interviewer had a list to follow. No real technical questions were asked for this co-op position.

Customer Interaction Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BMW.

Pretty easy interview process. 1 interview and got the job. The interview was very straight forward and lasted approximately 1 hour. The types of questions that were asked would be the same if you google top interview questions.

BA With Sharepoint Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greer, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greer, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at BMW in November 2014.

Contacted by a recruiter and confirmed for a phone interview. After rescheduling to the next day, three gentlemen were in attendance. Afterwards, I was confirmed for a face-to-face interview with the same three men. The face-to-face went very well and I was told about 15 mins. after the interview that their only concern was my 2-hour commute, and that they would make their final decision within 2 days. At the end of the 2nd day, I was contacted by the recruiter and told that no decision had been made, but they expected it the next day (today).

Interview Questions
    • If I could research or speak to the author of a book about processes, which part would I be most interested in?   Answer Question

BMW Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BMW in August 2014.

Found out about job on indeed.com, applied. Had a call after a few days setup interview with GM of BMW and sales manager of Mini together. Great interview. Told will be in touch. Called me back after about 5 days to setup background check and personality test. After all that was able to get job offer and proceed to training in New Jersey.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of experience do you have giving prestigious customer service and for how long?   Answer Question
    • Why would we hire you over everyone else?   Answer Question
    Offered $16/hr, thought it was definitely going to be more. No commission or bonus offered. All benefits were offered.

BDC Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BMW in August 2014.

The process was really smooth, back in 2005 when the dealership wAs fairly new . The interview was super fun and easy . All they want is up beat people happy someone who is willing to go the extra mile for their clients . Always be happy and ready to work .

Interview Questions
    There really is no negotiations . They have a set pay for certain job positions BUT you can probably hustle them for like a dollar more .

BMW Genius Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at BMW in July 2014.

Contacted by a recruiter. Had a phone interview and was immediately called back to have an in-person interview. I was sent an online assessment test that took a while. Once I was there I felt that the questions were basic. There were two ladies interviewing me. Both were very friendly. At the end of the interview they asked me to take an interview assessment to see how well I knew how to use the computer. It's simple tasks: looking on the internet, email and excel.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect to role play. They wanted me to answer the phone like I would if I was already hired.   View Answer

Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at BMW.

Applied on LinkedIn, got a call the next day to schedule an interview for a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Really was not asked many questions at all. "Tell me about yourself." "What are some of your previous jobs?" Ok- you're hired. And my past jobs are not very awesome or similar.   Answer Question
    I was told $2,500 for the first and second month each. Then, "minimum wage guarantee" afterwards. 53.5 hours a week.