BMW Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greer, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMW (Greer, SC).

Interview

Applied through a recruiter- got the call from the recruiter within few days and was called in for an on site interview within a week. Had an interview with a panel of 5 and got my rejection after 3 days of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Very very tough behavioral questions Asked about times when I had tough standings with my group, about my failures, and other related questions   1 Answer

Genius Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMW.

Interview

Applied by bringing a resume to the dealership and expressing my interest for the position. The position was unavailable online at the time since the BMW Genius program is relatively new. About three days later, I got a call to come in for an interview with the General Sales Manager. The interview entailed the job requirements and they asked basic questions about myself and my work experience. A week later I was invited for a second interview with the General Manager. The interview was very casual and an overview of my resume. They had me complete a background check form and was given a job offer.

Diagnostic Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at BMW.

Interview

The application was process was typical. Most of the questions were geared towards practical and relevant experience (to determine your base salary). This was followed by a series of behavioral questions.

Greeter Interview

Interview

Extremely short process after submitting application in person I was contacted a few days later. I spoke with the hiring manager and discussed the role and compensation. After a bit of negotiating we agreed on a salary and accepted an offer. Started immediately following the offer.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very common interview questions so nothing was too difficult.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Interview

One on campus interview that was 30 minutes. Very relaxed interview, but there was a lot of competition for very few spots. The questions weren't out of the ordinary, the interviewer had a list to follow. No real technical questions were asked for this co-op position.

Customer Interaction Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BMW.

Interview

Pretty easy interview process. 1 interview and got the job. The interview was very straight forward and lasted approximately 1 hour. The types of questions that were asked would be the same if you google top interview questions.

BA With Sharepoint Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greer, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at BMW (Greer, SC) in November 2014.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and confirmed for a phone interview. After rescheduling to the next day, three gentlemen were in attendance. Afterwards, I was confirmed for a face-to-face interview with the same three men. The face-to-face went very well and I was told about 15 mins. after the interview that their only concern was my 2-hour commute, and that they would make their final decision within 2 days. At the end of the 2nd day, I was contacted by the recruiter and told that no decision had been made, but they expected it the next day (today).

Interview Questions

• If I could research or speak to the author of a book about processes, which part would I be most interested in?   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BMW (Greenville, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

This process has changed. I was flown in for a face to face interview. Now they exclusively have skype interviews. You are typically interviewed for several different positons. Each interviewer is different. Some are international, some were American. German led interviews are very different from American ones. They are VERY serious and want you prove yourself during it. Don't be nervous though, that never helped anyone, including me.

Interview Questions

• If you had to move one part from one place to another what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything. You are paid based on your credit hours in school and your graduation date and major.

BMW Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BMW (Memphis, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

Found out about job on indeed.com, applied. Had a call after a few days setup interview with GM of BMW and sales manager of Mini together. Great interview. Told will be in touch. Called me back after about 5 days to setup background check and personality test. After all that was able to get job offer and proceed to training in New Jersey.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have giving prestigious customer service and for how long?   Answer Question
    • Why would we hire you over everyone else?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered $16/hr, thought it was definitely going to be more. No commission or bonus offered. All benefits were offered.

BDC Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BMW (Torrance, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The process was really smooth, back in 2005 when the dealership wAs fairly new . The interview was super fun and easy . All they want is up beat people happy someone who is willing to go the extra mile for their clients . Always be happy and ready to work .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really is no negotiations . They have a set pay for certain job positions BUT you can probably hustle them for like a dollar more .