BMW Manufacturing Corporation

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greer, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation.

The interview process was very odd. They had me interview for six separate positions, none of which were the one I had applied for through my university's career fair. This was disappointing to me, though I decided to put my game face on and give it my best effort. However, I was not offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • How familiar are you with automobile manufacturing?   View Answer

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

I applied online – interviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation.

Initial communications were very good and the travel benefits were good for getting to the interview site. Everything was paid for from this aspect. After hiring however, there was no compensation for re-location. Overall it was a very good interviewing experience however interaction with HR after this point unfortunately was limited.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected technical questions. There were only questions about past experiences, e.g. "Explain a time when you demonstrated extraordinary leadership."   Answer Question
    There was no room for negotiation.

Environmental Engineering Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation.

Went to career showcase and was told to apply online. Got a call to o interview in Spartanburg, SC around a month later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard, but some questions got me thinking personally.   Answer Question

Engineering and Operations Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation in March 2014.

Met a representative at a career fair at my school. The week after I received an email to set up a phone interview. For the interview there were a panel of associates on the other line. It was a behavioral interview. Didn't make it past this step.

Interview Questions
    • Based on the research you've done about the company. How do you think BMW can improve against the competition?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greer, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation in March 2014.

BMW came to my school for a career fair and I went and talked to the recruiters. I ended up giving them my resume and the next day I got a call asking if I would be able to do an interview that Friday. After the initial interview, a week passed I got an email inviting me to the plant for a tour and interviews in two weeks.

After the tour was completed we had a small information session and then we had the opportunity to eat lunch with the department managers (the people who would be interviewing us). It was a great ice-breaker because I just so happened to eat lunch with one of the guys that interviewed me. Anyway, most people we given 2-3 pre-assigned interviews (I personally was given 5). Most questions related to your resume so know it very very well.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your biggest failure/regret, and what did you learn from it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to collect data. What methods and tools did you use? What did you do with the data?   Answer Question

Fall Semester Intern Interview

Spoke with a recruiter at career showcase, and was told to apply online, which I did. Quickly heard back that they wanted to interview me at the manufacturing plant in South Carolina. Setting up the flights was very easy, and they have the day-long interview process structured very well. There is an information session and plant tour in the morning, then lunch, then interviews with specific departments in the afternoon. I heard back about a week after the interview day that I got a position.

Interview Questions
    • It varies based on the department you are being interviewed by, but be sure to have a good reason for why you want to work at BMW.   Answer Question

Contract Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation.

I was contacted by a recruiter for this position. I did a quick initial phone interview with the recruiter and then 2 weeks later I went for an in person interview. This interview lasted about 30 minutes as I talked with 2 managers and one of their assistants who was in the same position I would be filling. Overall, the interview went great. Everything was very laid back and about a stress free as an interview could be. A couple days later I got a call from my recruiter and was told that they wanted to do a second interview. This second meeting was more of a job shadowing so that I could get a feel for what I would be doing and so that I got a chance to meet some other people and talk to others that would be in my department. Again, I felt that everything went smoothly just as the first interview had. The only downside aside from not being offered the position was the lack of communication. I was told I could look to hear something in about a week after my 2nd meeting, but it ended being just over a month.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness. I simply didn't have a prepared response for this question that is almost always used.   Answer Question

Environmental Engineering Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greer, SC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation in November 2013.

The process took a day, but the actual interview was about 30min. They paid all the expense for your travel. There are more than 4 students from my school and my major interviewing for the same position(and we are the 2nd best program in the country) so competition was quite tough.

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greer, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation in November 2013.

Applied through University recruiting and received an invitation to an on-site interview the next month. Was paid to go to South Carolina office and interview. Interview conducted by current members of the department during a 30-minute session. All behavorial, many questions like "why BMW" and "how are you qualified to be here."

Interview Questions
    Compensated by year in school

Intern Interview

I submitted resume at job fair and online. Got a call to come and interview in Greenville, SC. They paid/reimbursed for everything. Interview process was interesting. They had several days of interviews and interviewees got tours around the facilities and got to mingle. There is a pretty strict schedule of events leading up to the actual interviews, which they place you into all the interviews for which you are eligible. I had two interviews. The first was pretty dry and standard. However, the second interview was at the ITRC and it was pretty awesome. The interviewer was lively and engaging.

Interview Questions
    For an internship, I didn't feel the need to negotiate.