BMW Manufacturing Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Greer, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation.

Interview Details – The interview process was very odd. They had me interview for six separate positions, none of which were the one I had applied for through my university's career fair. This was disappointing to me, though I decided to put my game face on and give it my best effort. However, I was not offered a position.

Interview Question – How familiar are you with automobile manufacturing?   View Answer

Production Associate Interview

Production Associate
Spartanburg, SC

I interviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation in February 2010.

Interview Details – This hiring process takes forever. It took me well over one year to get hired on. And the tests were hard and strenuous. Then there were periods were I didn't hear anything at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. Take offer or leave it.

Very Easy Interview

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Engineering Co-Op
Spartanburg, SC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation in December 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online on the website. First was a phone interview with HR, then I was flown to the plant for interview day. A large group of students were given tours and lunch and we had the interviews in a large open area full of tables up on the mezzanine. I interviewed for 5 different co-op positions, and then had to rank them from most desirable to least. Said my goodbyes and waited for response. Most of the interviews were a "panel" of 2 or 3 people interviewing me.

Interview Question – None - interview was very relaxed, they mostly just asked me questions about my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation allowed.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engineering and Operations Management Development Program Interview

Engineering and Operations Management Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details – Met a representative at a career fair at my school. The week after I received an email to set up a phone interview. For the interview there were a panel of associates on the other line. It was a behavioral interview. Didn't make it past this step.

Interview Question – Based on the research you've done about the company. How do you think BMW can improve against the competition?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op
Spartanburg, SC

I applied online and interviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation.

Interview Details – Initial communications were very good and the travel benefits were good for getting to the interview site. Everything was paid for from this aspect. After hiring however, there was no compensation for re-location. Overall it was a very good interviewing experience however interaction with HR after this point unfortunately was limited.

Interview Question – No unexpected technical questions. There were only questions about past experiences, e.g. "Explain a time when you demonstrated extraordinary leadership."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was tired through a temp agency.

Interview Question – I did not have an unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op
Greer, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation in March 2014.

Interview Details – BMW came to my school for a career fair and I went and talked to the recruiters. I ended up giving them my resume and the next day I got a call asking if I would be able to do an interview that Friday. After the initial interview, a week passed I got an email inviting me to the plant for a tour and interviews in two weeks.

After the tour was completed we had a small information session and then we had the opportunity to eat lunch with the department managers (the people who would be interviewing us). It was a great ice-breaker because I just so happened to eat lunch with one of the guys that interviewed me. Anyway, most people we given 2-3 pre-assigned interviews (I personally was given 5). Most questions related to your resume so know it very very well.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest failure/regret, and what did you learn from it.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time you had to collect data. What methods and tools did you use? What did you do with the data?   Answer Question

Environmental Engineering Interview

Environmental Engineering

I applied in-person and interviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation.

Interview Details – Went to career showcase and was told to apply online. Got a call to o interview in Spartanburg, SC around a month later.

Interview Question – Nothing hard, but some questions got me thinking personally.   Answer Question

Fall Semester Intern Interview

Fall Semester Intern

Interviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation

Interview Details – Spoke with a recruiter at career showcase, and was told to apply online, which I did. Quickly heard back that they wanted to interview me at the manufacturing plant in South Carolina. Setting up the flights was very easy, and they have the day-long interview process structured very well. There is an information session and plant tour in the morning, then lunch, then interviews with specific departments in the afternoon. I heard back about a week after the interview day that I got a position.

Interview Question – It varies based on the department you are being interviewed by, but be sure to have a good reason for why you want to work at BMW.   Answer Question

Environmental Engineering Inter Interview

Environmental Engineering Inter
Greer, SC

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details – The process took a day, but the actual interview was about 30min. They paid all the expense for your travel. There are more than 4 students from my school and my major interviewing for the same position(and we are the 2nd best program in the country) so competition was quite tough.

Interview Question – What you could bring to us as an intern at BMW?   Answer Question

Worked for BMW Manufacturing Corporation? Contribute to the Community!