BMW Manufacturing Corporation

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.9

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation.

Interview

I applied online through the company career website two months ago. I got a call this month and had an interview scheduled last week over video conference. I spoke with an HR manager and a department manager. They asked mainly behavioral questions to get a gauge of how well I interact with others. Less than a week later I got a call that they were offering me the internship.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had difficulties in a group setting and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Interview

The interview process took about a month. The on site interview (Spartanburg) had several sessions that all tested your behavior in situational settings. They also ask normal interview questions and give you a plant tour. You interview with different managers in different departments to test your technical and behavioral skills. They are very good with communicating back and being responsive to your questions and concerns. They notified me of my status about a week after the on site interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation (Greer, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by BMW for an internship. Scheduled the phone interview for a few days later. Solely behavioral based, and an opportunity for questions at the end. Took about 25 minutes total. The interview was with a project manager, senior advisor, and a HR representative. Received a phone call 2 days after the interview expecting a request for a second interview, but received an offer instead.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you took from inception to completion. Why did you do it that way?   Answer Question

EOMDP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation in October 2014.

Interview

Long process to get interview. People in charge of the program can be difficult to reach, so be persistent with HR. Interview is fully behavioral based. There is a panel interview component with various engineering, management, and HR personnel. Then two situations where they interpret your response to "uncomfortable" situations.

Interview Questions

• Panel interview asked some brain teaser questions, not terribly difficult, but definitely a curve ball if you aren't expecting it.   Answer Question

Finance Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation in September 2014.

Interview

I was given an on campus interview with HR. There was a strong emphasis on following a steep learning curve and speaking fluent German was also a must because they need to communicate with German subsidiaries. The overall interview was not bad and was mostly behavioral.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation (Greer, SC).

Interview

The interview process was very odd. They had me interview for six separate positions, none of which were the one I had applied for through my university's career fair. This was disappointing to me, though I decided to put my game face on and give it my best effort. However, I was not offered a position.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with automobile manufacturing?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation (Spartanburg, SC).

Interview

Initial communications were very good and the travel benefits were good for getting to the interview site. Everything was paid for from this aspect. After hiring however, there was no compensation for re-location. Overall it was a very good interviewing experience however interaction with HR after this point unfortunately was limited.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected technical questions. There were only questions about past experiences, e.g. "Explain a time when you demonstrated extraordinary leadership."   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

Environmental Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation.

Interview

Went to career showcase and was told to apply online. Got a call to o interview in Spartanburg, SC around a month later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing hard, but some questions got me thinking personally.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation (Greer, SC) in March 2014.

Interview

BMW came to my school for a career fair and I went and talked to the recruiters. I ended up giving them my resume and the next day I got a call asking if I would be able to do an interview that Friday. After the initial interview, a week passed I got an email inviting me to the plant for a tour and interviews in two weeks.

After the tour was completed we had a small information session and then we had the opportunity to eat lunch with the department managers (the people who would be interviewing us). It was a great ice-breaker because I just so happened to eat lunch with one of the guys that interviewed me. Anyway, most people we given 2-3 pre-assigned interviews (I personally was given 5). Most questions related to your resume so know it very very well.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest failure/regret, and what did you learn from it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to collect data. What methods and tools did you use? What did you do with the data?   Answer Question

Engineering and Operations Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BMW Manufacturing Corporation in March 2014.

Interview

Met a representative at a career fair at my school. The week after I received an email to set up a phone interview. For the interview there were a panel of associates on the other line. It was a behavioral interview. Didn't make it past this step.

Interview Questions

• Based on the research you've done about the company. How do you think BMW can improve against the competition?   Answer Question