BMW of North America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Java Developer Interview

Senior Java Developer
Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BMW of North America.

Interview Details – Interview was pretty smooth. Written test with arithmetic algorithms. Java questions including Struts and JSF. Need to be able to explain how to build an application from start to end and high level design of the app.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was allowed as there was a vendor in between.

Senior CRM Specialist Interview

Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BMW of North America in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed once with the manager who would be my supervisor, then interviewed a second time with one of the other marketing specialists who would be my mentor and another supervisor (while the section manager was on maternity leave).

The interview was mostly informal, with some questions about my experience pertaining to the department's goals: email and direct mail marketing to increase brand engagement and, ultimately, increase sales.

A lot of weight was given to how well I would get along with the other employees in the department. BMW is prone to moving someone into a new position that they might not be an expert in doing, but that person can bring something to the position or department that might be lacking or that might encourage creative growth.

Interview Question – Do you even like BMW cars?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Environmental Engineer Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BMW of North America.

Interview Details – Networked with a recruiter at my schools career fair in August. I was notified in March that I made it to the next round of interviews at their headquarters. Got a tour of their facilities, and had a panel interview with 3 of the team members. Very easy and common questions.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, did ask me about the little details of my resume.   Answer Question

Social Media Analyst Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BMW of North America.

Interview Details – Applied online directly through BMW North America Career website. Was contacted by phone about 7 days later for a phone interview - which I elected to have scheduled for following day. The interviewer called at the exact time that I had requested her to and the phone interview lasted about 10 minutes.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Oxnard, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at BMW of North America in July 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was professional and easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiations were involved.

Client Advisor Interview

Client Advisor
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BMW of North America in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted after posting my resume on-line; I was moving to the area so I requested a phone interview as opposed to in-person at first. They loved the fact that I sounded excited and welcoming over the phone since a large part of the industry is getting clients in the door.

Interview Question – What do you know about our BMW Product Line?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The pay plan was pre-set, but I negotiated my paid training, which turned out nicely. Make sure their pay plan is something that allows you maximum commission options if you do not have salary.

Very Difficult Interview

Engineering Operations Management Development Program Interview

Spartanburg, SC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BMW of North America in July 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview
1) How has school prepared you for this job, or what skills have you learned?
2) If you had to write a proposal for $100,000 and present it to the finance committee how would you persuade them knowing that they dont care about the process? (They are looking for key words like ROI or margin) They then will ask you what the pay back period would be for the that amount of money.
3) Salary Range expected?

Then you will be brought on for an onsite interview.
1) Tour
2) Videos about the company
3) Brief benefits interview
4) Food
5) 3 Sessions of Panel interviews and Simulations

There is nor order in which the following will occur.

Panel Interview
- 3 people interview you 1 HR & 2 Engineers
Questions were the following
1) If you speak german they will ask you what you like to do in you free time.
2) How would you direct 30 people underyou knowing your brand new and they have been there 10 plus years?
3) Tell me of a time of when you had to give someone negative feedback and how they reacted.

Simulation # 1
You enter a room with 3 individuals and a table with a circuit board and instructions on how to create it. you have 12 minutes to complete the circuit (light builb). You will be given a picture of the circuit and the instructions. The instructions are not easy to follow so from my experience I would write your own instructions line by line and not try to memorize the picture or mess with the boards much. The instructions are cryptic so make sure you understand them you can ask the panel any questions during the first 12 minutes. After 12 minutes a role playing exercise starts were you have to explain how the boards needs to built to someone. Just make sure you understand the instructions ane write your own, the pre written instructions are ment to confuse you.

Simulation #2
You enter a room with 3 evaluators again except this time you will be running a meeting for a project. You get 10 minutes to prepare before the meetings start so write down your deliverable and the people you are meeting with. You will be given pen paper highlighter and paper clip. After the 10 minutes an actor (BMW employee will walk in) and you start the meeting. It is to see how you will deal with the situation imo.

I wish some one would have written this before I went, it sure would have helped.

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BMW of North America.

Interview Details – Applied online for a 12-month internship and got contacted by HR to set up for phone interview.

Interview Question – Explain a few methodologies you use for process improvement   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BMW of North America.

Interview Details – Telephone interview along with in-person interview with heads of department.

Interview Question – What was your team goal (when you worked on a team) and how did you achieve your goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Flat across the board pay.

Project Coordination (Combined With Parts of Finance and Logistics) Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BMW of North America in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was given a time and date when my potential future superior would call me. He was very friendly and had a very welcoming character. After some small talk we spoke about the company, he explained his job as well as the tasks of the internship that I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• Please guide me through your CV. Some CV related questions followed.   Answer Question
  • Please explain the tasks / experiences in your recent internship and show how they relate to your capabilities / personality.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Although the internship sounded very suitable, I arranged another placement that suited my expectations completely.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for BMW of North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BMW of North America interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by BMW of North America employees and interview candidates.