BMW of North America

Updated Jan 6, 2015
Updated Jan 6, 2015

2.7

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BMW of North America.

Knew someone working at the firm and thought I would apply - very glad I did. Interview was straightforward with nothing tricky. Experience for the summer was phenomenal. Lots of learning and great intern program. Highly recommend it.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Standard intern pay.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BMW of North America.

A recruiter will contact you about the opening of the position. The process is very long and it took 2 months to obtain a phone interview. They did not have a sense of humor on the phone and was not impressed when I knew everything about the company and there personal background.

Beware BMW is hitting rock bottom. Audi took over sales from them in Europe for the past 2 years.

Aftersales Area Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BMW of North America.

As this was a promotion within the company, the interview process was informal only, consisting of one interview with the Human Resources Manager, and several talks with the Area Manager to determine my interest as well as direction for the new position. Part of the hiring process was to outline that while this was a promotion, it would not initially come with an increase in salary.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. This was a promotion from another position.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

Interview was pretty smooth. Written test with arithmetic algorithms. Java questions including Struts and JSF. Need to be able to explain how to build an application from start to end and high level design of the app.

No negotiation was allowed as there was a vendor in between.

Environmental Engineer Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BMW of North America.

Networked with a recruiter at my schools career fair in August. I was notified in March that I made it to the next round of interviews at their headquarters. Got a tour of their facilities, and had a panel interview with 3 of the team members. Very easy and common questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, did ask me about the little details of my resume.   Answer Question

Communications Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BMW of North America in October 2013.

Applied through a recruiter and then was scheduled for an in-person interview in Greenville, SC. Arrived early in the morning at the plant in Greenville. We gathered into groups in a big room above the plant and they explained the plan for the day. Half the group went on a tour of the plant while the other half waited. After both groups finished the tour we had a casual boxed lunch with the interviewers. We briefly chatted with them until we finished lunch. From there, the students were separated into a room next to where we would later be interviewed. They would call a group of people's names and tell you what table to go to. It was a timed interview, about 30 minutes I believe. Once your time was over, the people who called you in would make a loud announcement which was the interviewer's cue to end the interview. Once the interview concluded, you would go back into the student room and wait for your next interview, or if you were done, you could leave.

Senior CRM Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BMW of North America in August 2013.

Interviewed once with the manager who would be my supervisor, then interviewed a second time with one of the other marketing specialists who would be my mentor and another supervisor (while the section manager was on maternity leave).

The interview was mostly informal, with some questions about my experience pertaining to the department's goals: email and direct mail marketing to increase brand engagement and, ultimately, increase sales.

A lot of weight was given to how well I would get along with the other employees in the department. BMW is prone to moving someone into a new position that they might not be an expert in doing, but that person can bring something to the position or department that might be lacking or that might encourage creative growth.

Social Media Analyst Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BMW of North America.

Applied online directly through BMW North America Career website. Was contacted by phone about 7 days later for a phone interview - which I elected to have scheduled for following day. The interviewer called at the exact time that I had requested her to and the phone interview lasted about 10 minutes.

Engineering Operations Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BMW of North America in July 2011.

Phone interview
    1) How has school prepared you for this job, or what skills have you learned?
    2) If you had to write a proposal for $100,000 and present it to the finance committee how would you persuade them knowing that they dont care about the process? (They are looking for key words like ROI or margin) They then will ask you what the pay back period would be for the that amount of money.
    3) Salary Range expected?

Then you will be brought on for an onsite interview.
    1) Tour
    2) Videos about the company
    3) Brief benefits interview
    4) Food
    5) 3 Sessions of Panel interviews and Simulations

There is nor order in which the following will occur.

Panel Interview
    - 3 people interview you 1 HR & 2 Engineers
    Questions were the following
    1) If you speak german they will ask you what you like to do in you free time.
    2) How would you direct 30 people underyou knowing your brand new and they have been there 10 plus years?
    3) Tell me of a time of when you had to give someone negative feedback and how they reacted.

Simulation # 1
    You enter a room with 3 individuals and a table with a circuit board and instructions on how to create it. you have 12 minutes to complete the circuit (light builb). You will be given a picture of the circuit and the instructions. The instructions are not easy to follow so from my experience I would write your own instructions line by line and not try to memorize the picture or mess with the boards much. The instructions are cryptic so make sure you understand them you can ask the panel any questions during the first 12 minutes. After 12 minutes a role playing exercise starts were you have to explain how the boards needs to built to someone. Just make sure you understand the instructions ane write your own, the pre written instructions are ment to confuse you.

Simulation #2
    You enter a room with 3 evaluators again except this time you will be running a meeting for a project. You get 10 minutes to prepare before the meetings start so write down your deliverable and the people you are meeting with. You will be given pen paper highlighter and paper clip. After the 10 minutes an actor (BMW employee will walk in) and you start the meeting. It is to see how you will deal with the situation imo.

I wish some one would have written this before I went, it sure would have helped.

Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BMW of North America in August 2010.

I was initially contacted after posting my resume on-line; I was moving to the area so I requested a phone interview as opposed to in-person at first. They loved the fact that I sounded excited and welcoming over the phone since a large part of the industry is getting clients in the door.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about our BMW Product Line?   View Answer
    The pay plan was pre-set, but I negotiated my paid training, which turned out nicely. Make sure their pay plan is something that allows you maximum commission options if you do not have salary.