BNP Paribas Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

total 3 rounds, first round phone with 6 or 7 manager, majorly modelling questions; second round phone interview with the department head, he gives very solid background for the work to be done, the working environment and about the team, final round is face to face with all the managers I talked over the phone, very general questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BNP Paribas

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Interview

Premier entretien d'embauche avec les RH. Questions classiques. Deuxième partie avec 4 entretiens opérationnels. Question classiques, liés à la connaissances du métiers, du l'entreprise et à la motivation personnelles. Le point important demeurant la motivation personnelles.

Interview Questions

• Trois défauts/trois qualités. Comment vos expériences passées vous ont ammené à venri jusqu'à nous.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Interview

They usually asked a few standard interview questions. Just make sure they know you are willing to work cheap and do overtime.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to do OT?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to commit? We have high turnover rates here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered and you cannot negotiate, unless you have some experience and can afford to wait 2- 3months for a $200 difference.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Interview

4 rounds with the team and 1 round with hr.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Zürich (Switzerland)) in August 2013.

Interview

It was a very short interview with an impatient woman who seemed to be distracted by other things. I believe I was under-qualified for the job, that's why. But still everyone deserves a chance and I thought my innate qualities were more important than my resume or degrees. I realize I was nervous and intimidated which probably didn't help. Confidence is very important when interviewing with banking institutions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about a valuation method that I didn't understand and hadn't learned in school.   1 Answer

Analyste Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Paris (France)) in July 2013.

Interview

Les stagiaires de dernière année ont un premier entretien avec le directeur et d'autres analystes, puis un deuxième avec le responsable des RH au cours duquel ils passent un test de personnalité qui est plus ou moins une formalité. Pour les stagiaires de première année, il n'y a en général qu'un seul entretien contre des séries de quatre ou cinq pour les candidats à un emploi à temps complet.

For final year interns there is a 1st interview with manager and other analysts, 2nd interview with HR along with a personality test which is more of a formality. For 1st year interns there is usually only one interview and for full time jobs there 4-5 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Des questions techniques en lien avec le poste sur la valorisation, les classes d'actifs, le calcul des retours sur investissement etc. Il faut s'attendre à de nombreuses questions sur ses compétences comportementales ou sur son CV, en particulier sur ses   Technical questions related to the job in terms of valuation, asset classes, return calculations etc. Expect lots of behavioral and CV questions with focus on your extra curricular activities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pas grand-chose à négocier. La BNP Paribas, c'est ce qu'il y a de mieux en matière de compensation et ils ont différents régimes de compensation en fonction de l'école dont on est issu.

No much to negotiate, BNP Paribas is best in class in terms of compensation and they have different tiers of compensation schemes depending on your school.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Mumbai (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

Round1: Technical telephonic basic Unix / Oracle questions. Round2:FtoF(mumbai office): Drilled me into Database/Oracle questions and very few unix questions Round3:FtoF(sameday):basic production support questions and few ITIl questions. Round4:Manger(Delivery Head):Just normal chat. Round5:HR round:expectations etc. They told they would inform me and made me fill some forms.After a week i followed up but no response from HR.I was referred vis consultancy they too did not get the response. And they came up saying HR have assumed that i wont be joining them. HR Please communicate with the candidate about the result and do not assume things by yourself.(act professional)

Less Compensation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)).

Interview

1 Vorstellungsgespräch mit HR 45min, 3 Gespräche à 45min. mit M&A Technische Fragen und Selbstdarstellung Und auch ein 30-minütiger numerischer Test

1 HR Interview 45min 3 M&A Interviews a 45min Technical questions and Selfrepresentation And also A 30 min numerical Test

Interview Questions

• Was passiert mit meinem p&l bei einem Aktienverkaufsangebot.   What Happens to my p&l in Case of an Ipo   Answer Question

Negotiation

Praktikum, daher keine Verhandlung

Internship so no negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manama (Bahrain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Manama (Bahrain)) in December 2012.

Interview

Interviews were ok, However, the post interview period was extremely frustrating, HR did not contact applicant with outcome and ignored several calls and an email which I found to be extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• All questions were non-technical and more CV and competency based.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2012.

Interview

Received phone call and proceeded with interview with hirer. First impressions of the hirer were favourable. Friendly interview but standard questions were asked during the interview, hence it wasn't especially memorable. Took about 20 mins as hirer had to leave for another meeting. Was given a verbal indication that they might hire, but the offer came about 4 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• standard questions on experience and reason for application. No one asked any behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Given an impression that the bank could not really pay as the asking price was not justified by the experience. However when other offers came along, they could match easily.