BNP Paribas Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2014

3.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Zürich (Switzerland)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

interviewed at BNP Paribas in August 2013.

It was a very short interview with an impatient woman who seemed to be distracted by other things. I believe I was under-qualified for the job, that's why. But still everyone deserves a chance and I thought my innate qualities were more important than my resume or degrees. I realize I was nervous and intimidated which probably didn't help. Confidence is very important when interviewing with banking institutions.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me about a valuation method that I didn't understand and hadn't learned in school.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for BNP Paribas

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas in July 2013.

For final year interns there is a 1st interview with manager and other analysts, 2nd interview with HR along with a personality test which is more of a formality. For 1st year interns there is usually only one interview and for full time jobs there 4-5 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions related to the job in terms of valuation, asset classes, return calculations etc. Expect lots of behavioral and CV questions with focus on your extra curricular activities.   Answer Question
    No much to negotiate, BNP Paribas is best in class in terms of compensation and they have different tiers of compensation schemes depending on your school.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas.

4 rounds with the team and 1 round with hr.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BNP Paribas in June 2013.

Round1: Technical telephonic basic Unix / Oracle questions.
    Round2:FtoF(mumbai office): Drilled me into Database/Oracle questions and very few unix questions
    Round3:FtoF(sameday):basic production support questions and few ITIl questions.
    Round4:Manger(Delivery Head):Just normal chat.
    Round5:HR round:expectations etc.

They told they would inform me and made me fill some forms.After a week i followed up but no response from HR.I was referred vis consultancy they too did not get the response. And they came up saying HR have assumed that i wont be joining them.

HR Please communicate with the candidate about the result and do not assume things by yourself.(act professional)

Less Compensation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BNP Paribas in June 2011.

I applied on BNPP website in early June 2011. I have waited 2 days before to receive an email from HR to set up a phone interview.
    After my phone interview, I received an other mail to set some interviews.
    I have met a HR representant and the manager of the desk during the interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manama (Bahrain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manama (Bahrain)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BNP Paribas in December 2012.

Interviews were ok, However, the post interview period was extremely frustrating, HR did not contact applicant with outcome and ignored several calls and an email which I found to be extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were non-technical and more CV and competency based.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at BNP Paribas in September 2011.

Two people, VP and MD. Normal Behavioral questions, a few technical questions on background.

Interview Questions

Worked for BNP Paribas? Contribute to the Community!