BNP Paribas Interview Questions in India

Updated Jun 25, 2015

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BNP Paribas (Chennai (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Got call through an agency, scheduled interview the next day. Two technical rounds of interview. One HR process. One of the coolest HR I ever met. They respected candidate time and effort and no waiting for the interview. Easy interview tough.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Depends upon your current package. Feel free to ask more

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas (Chennai (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through staffing agency. First round was face to face discussion. Questions were simple. The interviewer concentrated basically around Java Collections Framework. There was one programming problem where the Interviewer asked me to sort a List of Employee class based on experience and if the experience is same, use Name as the sorting criteria. This process took about 45 minutes and I was told that I would be contacted if I had cleared this round. I got a call from the staffing agency for the 2nd round of telephonic discussion. This was an extensive round and took about 1.5 hrs. Questions were asked from Core Java (very detailed), Java Swing, Current application I was working on etc. I got selected for this round and was called for the 3rd round which was manager's round. Questions were mostly related to my studies, current project. He then said that there would be one final round on the same day and the Interview panel was located in France. This was a technical discussion where the questions were asked from Core Java, Database, Spring, Swing and JPA. Finally I was called for HR round after a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• We have a variable that needs to be accessed inside an anonymous method by passing it as an argument. How do we do this?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between Map and Set. What is the key used for storing an object in the set if the set uses a map for storing its data?   Answer Question
    • What is the lifecycle of a Thread?   Answer Question
    • What is a repository and how can you access it in Java code?   Answer Question
    • You are given a file that has sentences (one line per sentence). You are required to find all the longest sentence (one or more sentence can have same length). Explain the logic or write the code to do this.   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas (Mumbai (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Process started with a call from some staffing consultancy they scheduled an interview, .They were very much interested in my nature of work at current position was asked to expound on how my average day at workplace goes.

Interview Questions

• Conceptual questions on plsql, sql and unix shell scripting   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Interview

One Telephonic Round: Very Detailed and kind of aggressive.

F2F round in Mumbai: I travelled all the way from Hyderabad to Mumbai and when I reached there, they kept me waiting for 3 hrs 15 minutes, without informing anything to me.

After 3 hours, the interviewer comes and apologises and starts the interview.

5 minutes into the interview, calls up somebody , apologising again.

15 minutes into the interview, checks his phone regularly, when I am answering to his question he is actually looking at the phone.

20 minutes into the interview, came to know that he hasn't even booked a room for the meeting, have to leave for another room.

15 more minutes of interview with his idea of a perfect candidate being an all-rounder and asks me to leave the resume and bye-bye. back to hyderabad from mumbai !!

The only reason I went there was the hope that they are serious about it.

Interview Questions

• Usual ITIL and support management questions.
      IB Domain questions ( Equities/Derivatives)
      Shell Scripting.

Team Lead Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BNP Paribas.

Interview

Most of the interview is specific to a position and project.
    Technical positions are based on
    Telephonic screening,
    one round of F2F technical round
    and one round of technical relating to situation based programing
    Last 2 rounds are managerial and HR round

Interview Questions

• Situation based question with multiple answers, to test candidates understanding of subject, depth of knowledge and actual experience, and the level of confidence.

Ex: How to send send a file as an attachment in web-services?

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goregaon East (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BNP Paribas (Goregaon East (India)).

Interview

I got a call from an staffing agency.
    Had a written technical cum objective first round (easy just need to be clear with basic java concepts).
    Second was a face to face technical round.
    next was managerial round which was a real bad experience.
    Bad manager who was behaving rudely.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BNP Paribas (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Initially got call from consultancy, it took 1 month to get profile shortlisted. After that it took hardly 1 week to process all interviews. First round was technical telephonic, second was techno managerial, third was managerial, HR was last round.
    Quite impressive all over process.

Interview Questions

• All questions was under related technical area. Good technical questions, technical people were very friendly and gentle while asking questions. Second technical round started with advanced technical questions coz they were knowing that candidate has cleared first basic technical round so they did not ask same set of questions which was quite awesome in general interview process.
      All round was good, HR round went long tough.
      But overall Great team of interview panel.

Answer Question

Negotiation

While negotiating, keep in mind your current CTC and total experience. If you're currently under paid then give proper reason of asking higher payroll. Be positive and confident.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at BNP Paribas.

Interview

Gone through 6 round and it took 3 days
    1 Coding Exercise - Piece of cake
    2 Management Round - Offshore Indian Manager
    3 Tech Interview by Architect - Came from Paris to build a new team
    4 Management Round - Onshore manager came from London
    5 Management Round - Indian Dept Head
    6 HR

Interview Questions

• By onshore manager
      Q. Favorite StarTrek Captain and why ?

1 Answer

Software Engineer (Java Developer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BNP Paribas (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Applied through a job portal and got a callback from the HR within a week.

Interview process consisted of 4 rounds overall

i) Written aptitude test
    ii) Face-to-face technical interview
    iii) Managerial round (part technical, part analytical)
    iv) HR round

Note: Some teams also have a programming round wherein the candidate has to code based on a problem description. Candidate is tested on his/her comfort level with hands-on coding as well as the logical thought process involved in resolving the problem description.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation nowadays

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Technical test(aptitude + java technical)
    technical interview (related to core java and basic of servlet and JSP)
     managerial round(ask technical question )
    finally HR round in which they ask the expected CTC.