BNP Paribas Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.1

Portfolio Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY).

Interview

HR phone Interview In Person Interview with HR & Director of group Second Interview with Director and Supervisors of group All interviews were pretty basic and easy. Everyone was really nice in the interview.

Summer Analyst: Global Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY).

Interview

Combination of your views on current market topics and heavy brainteasers, depending on interviewer. 3 back-to-back-to-back 2-on-1 interviews on campus followed by a 6-person Superday. If you show interest in their derivatives group, expect a much more quantitative interview. It is a French bank so they like candidates that have a more global (i.e. outside of US) focused perspective on the markets.

Interview Questions

• Tell about some topics you have been following in the markets? Follow up: What factors do you think are driving these topics? What's the square root of 1.4? Why are manholes round? Mental Math.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Interview

A series of phone / Skype interviews with relevant team members, mostly fit questions and a couple of basic probability questions and current events. Had 2 phone screens. Instead of a super day I went through many phone interviews with about 3 additional members of the team I was interviewing for.

Managing Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Interview

Interview process is lengthy and drawn out. Its difficult for the firm to make hiring and overall business decisions. Expect that you will need to meet many of the same people numerous times. In particular at the senior management level. Since almost all senior management is located in Paris, this will typically be via conference call or video chat

GECD Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Interview

applied via the on campus recruiting system, and accepted after two weeks, a week before the interview. 30 minutes on campus interview by two alumni who were nice, one was a male trader the other was a female sales. asked typical behavioral questions and my resume, also some market news, no technical questions. but i did not do a good job for the market questions.

Interview Questions

• most behavioral questions, such as teamwork experience, weakness. talked about market.   Answer Question

ITO Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied on-line in mid november. Went through a phone screen and moved on to the final rounds, which was a super-day in February. Flown out to NYC office for a 3 hours interview with many analysts. Traditional interview questions--very very easy.

Global Markets Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and directly through a contact in the campus recruiting department. Performed a phone interview then came in for a superday. Received an offer for the summer three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about 10 different countries' economies and tie it into an underlying investment thesis.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Signed up through my school careers site. Had first round interviews on campus with two interviewers and then had the superday where we had five back-to-back interviews. They were very nice in general but there were some tough brain teasers and only a few market questions.

Fixed Income Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

On campus interview 1 with an Associate and another with a MD. Associate grilled me on technical while the MD was more of a fit-based questions. Make sure you know your fixed income related news before going to the interview. The question they definitely ask is your view on interest rates. Make sure you have a fluid, well thought out and intelligent response to this question. It will make or break your career. They also ask you how you think the markets are doing and will test your quick thinking skills by interrupting you in the middle of the answer to ask questions like what is oil futures trading at right now

Interview Questions

• What did the 10 year T-note close at last night?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNP Paribas in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online at my college's recruiting website and was notified of being selected for an on-campus interview within 1-1.5 weeks. Interviewed with a Vice President of BNP Paribas from the New York City office for 30 minutes face-to-face at my school's career center. Currently waiting for next steps in the process to potentially continue interviewing and hopefully earn the summer internship.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think OPEC has not imposed sanctions on oil even with oil prices falling so much?   1 Answer