BNP Paribas Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas.

Applied through school, first round consisted of two 30 minute interviews with one person each. Asked about some high level finance questions and mostly fit questions. Final round consisted of 5 30 minute interviews. Some were very technical testing accounting and valuation knowledge, some tested business thinking, and some were fit.

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas.

through a contracting firm and then I interviewed within the firm. i had an insider connection. that's all i'd like to write because there was nothing really special or useful about that experience.

Trading Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Cold reception in the lobby with no company rep to welcome you. Unpleasant experience with manager who was more interested in explaining how he was the best at his position than to figure out if I was a fit for the open one.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions- strengths/weakness, wanted performance numbers.   Answer Question

Regulatory Support/Procedure Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BNP Paribas in May 2014.

Interview was very straight forward. The lady got right to the point. I was accepting for some casual conversation in the beginning but once I sat down she started asking interview questions. The questions were pretty straight forward

Interview Questions
    • When have you taken something and turned it into a business process   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BNP Paribas in April 2014.

Interview consisted of 3 rds. Telephone with HR rep followed by hiring manager and department manager interviews. The manager interviews were in person. Interviews were fairly straightforward and consisted of background questions and fit/career aspiration questions and then more specifically about the requirements for the open position.

GECD Summer Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BNP Paribas.

Went through five half-hour interviews back-to-back, and each interviewer had a "category" of questions to ask me (leadership, brainteasers, markets, sales and trading, and just me). Questions included tell me about a time when you motivated someone, what would you invest in, do you want to do sales or trading, basic fit questions). After the interviews I had a negative perception of the firm. Some of the interviewers were very aggressive and shot me questions very quickly, one scrutinized my resume and asked me to explain every single thing on it, and would go very in-depth... my explanations were always followed by "why?" The interviewers didn't do a good job of making me feel comfortable.

Summer Analyst Interview

2 phone interviews. First with 2 analysts, second with a lf associate and analyst. Not much tech, mostly behavioral/fit.

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNP Paribas in February 2014.

Technical Interview one on one interview.
    No procedure for the interview, Looking for developers who have finance experience.
    I got the call from reciter. Interview process is very easy if you have finance basics along with java development.

Sales Assistant Interview

mostly competency based questions, technical knowledge not so important

Project Finance Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Had lunch with the manager, very friendly woman, walked me through my resume.

Interview Questions
    • How has the cost of finance changed for Latin American companies as the dollar gained on them?   Answer Question