BNP Paribas

Updated Feb 23, 2015

3.1

Summer Analyst (ECM) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BNP Paribas in October 2013.

First round OCR interview and Superday at their office. On first round, I interview with two different people. On the Superday, I interviewed with 4 people at their office including 4 MDs

Interview Questions
    • One guy from structured finance with PhD from MIT bombarded me with brain teasers. Most of them were typical ones that you would expect to find from a brain teaser question guide.
      The most difficult/unexpected question that I got from this interview was when an MD asked me to walk through the steps of dealing with an unsatisfied client.
      Other than that... the rest were the typical behavioral and markets questions.

Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Hiring and Interview process to standard. Phone Interview, In person interviews and management team meeting. All on separate days/period.

On average the interview process was fair. Nothing difficult at all.

Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas in April 2013.

Applied online - the process took a couple of weeks. Based on my location at the time I had two Skype interviews. Both of the interviews lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mostly behavioral. However, technical questions included bond valuation, basic market knowledge, and a investment strategy question.   Answer Question

Fixed Income Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNP Paribas in February 2013.

I interviewed through campus recruiting. There were two separate interviewers each conducting a 30 min interview

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas in January 2013.

The interview was pretty easy...more about the job and basically verifiying that I can deliever. It took a few weeks to get a call back. I interviewed with 4 individuals.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult question, I suppose because it was probably a temp to hire and not direct hire.   Answer Question
    Since it was through an agency, there was not negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at BNP Paribas in April 2012.

agents arranged phone interview and it went smoothly, they just asked me some what projects I have worked and high level technical questions. then I was invited to an onsite interview. I met two developers and the hiring manager. The interview is not difficult and hiring manager is nice. I then received an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • java why ConcurrentHashMap doesn't throw concurrentmodificationexception?   View Answer

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at BNP Paribas in March 2012.

The interview was with the Director of FX Sales & Trading for a summer analyst position. The interview was in their NYC offices on 7th avenue in one of the offices on their trading floor. It started off well, we actually ended up speaking Spanish for the first 10 minutes even though I'm not Spanish nor is it on my resume. However he began to ask more technical questions about FX hedging strategies using forwards/futures, swaps, and options. I'm an equities guy with limited knowledge of FX strategies so I had some difficulty providing specific examples of concepts. I didn't get called in for another interview as they likely found someone with more experience in FX to take the position.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas in February 2012.

I applied for Trade Finance Intern position. It took me 1 month to go through all processes. The interviews were not difficult. The first round, I was interviewed by head of HR. It was pretty much easy. The 2nd round I had a chance to talk with head of Operations and COO. They asked many tricky questions but mostly about myself, no technical questions.

Fixed Income Structuring Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BNP Paribas in January 2012.

I was notified I received an interview a week before the interview. I was interviewed by two MDs for my first round. It started as fit, but quickly turned technical, so I would say definitely over 50% was technical.

Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNP Paribas in February 2011.

Interview was all fit based. No brainteasers or market questions. The most important part was being able to sell yourself. I interviewed with two guys from Prime Brokerage. To prepare for your interview though, you should still know all your market info, basic math, and obviously your fit answers. The interview depends heavily on the person that is interviewing you (i.e. trader = market questions).

Interview Questions
    • Why should I choose you over the other 9 candidates that I just interviewed?   Answer Question
    Salary is competitive.