BNP Paribas Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2015
Updated Apr 4, 2015

3.1

Project Finance Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Interview

Had lunch with the manager, very friendly woman, walked me through my resume.

Interview Questions

• How has the cost of finance changed for Latin American companies as the dollar gained on them?   Answer Question

Operations Rotational Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through career services on campus. One phone interview lasting about 30 minutes with two directors. Mostly behavioral. After that, went on to the superday at the New York office. It consisted of four interviews, all 2 on 1. A few technical questions involving derivatives, but nothing too crazy. Received the offer the same day.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter for the position. I went through:

1) A screening telephone interview with HR rep.
    2) Telephone interview with hiring manager.
    3) In person interview with hiring manager.

My last interview with the the hiring manager seemed to go very well. At the end of the interview I was told that one last call would be setup to speak with a division VP.

I never heard back from the hiring manager or HR rep. After two weeks I emailed the HR rep and have not received a response to date.

This is the worst possible interview process I've had in my career.

Summer Analyst (ECM) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

First round OCR interview and Superday at their office. On first round, I interview with two different people. On the Superday, I interviewed with 4 people at their office including 4 MDs

Interview Questions

• One guy from structured finance with PhD from MIT bombarded me with brain teasers. Most of them were typical ones that you would expect to find from a brain teaser question guide.
      The most difficult/unexpected question that I got from this interview was when an MD asked me to walk through the steps of dealing with an unsatisfied client.
      Other than that... the rest were the typical behavioral and markets questions.

Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Interview

Hiring and Interview process to standard. Phone Interview, In person interviews and management team meeting. All on separate days/period.

On average the interview process was fair. Nothing difficult at all.

Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online - the process took a couple of weeks. Based on my location at the time I had two Skype interviews. Both of the interviews lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly behavioral. However, technical questions included bond valuation, basic market knowledge, and a investment strategy question.   Answer Question

Fixed Income Sales Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

I interviewed through campus recruiting. There were two separate interviewers each conducting a 30 min interview

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy...more about the job and basically verifiying that I can deliever. It took a few weeks to get a call back. I interviewed with 4 individuals.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult question, I suppose because it was probably a temp to hire and not direct hire.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it was through an agency, there was not negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at BNP Paribas in April 2012.

Interview

agents arranged phone interview and it went smoothly, they just asked me some what projects I have worked and high level technical questions. then I was invited to an onsite interview. I met two developers and the hiring manager. The interview is not difficult and hiring manager is nice. I then received an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• java why ConcurrentHashMap doesn't throw concurrentmodificationexception?   1 Answer

Sales Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was with the Director of FX Sales & Trading for a summer analyst position. The interview was in their NYC offices on 7th avenue in one of the offices on their trading floor. It started off well, we actually ended up speaking Spanish for the first 10 minutes even though I'm not Spanish nor is it on my resume. However he began to ask more technical questions about FX hedging strategies using forwards/futures, swaps, and options. I'm an equities guy with limited knowledge of FX strategies so I had some difficulty providing specific examples of concepts. I didn't get called in for another interview as they likely found someone with more experience in FX to take the position.

Interview Questions

• What is BNP Paribas best known for?   1 Answer