BNP Paribas Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

3.1

GECD Summer Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY).

Interview

Went through five half-hour interviews back-to-back, and each interviewer had a "category" of questions to ask me (leadership, brainteasers, markets, sales and trading, and just me). Questions included tell me about a time when you motivated someone, what would you invest in, do you want to do sales or trading, basic fit questions). After the interviews I had a negative perception of the firm. Some of the interviewers were very aggressive and shot me questions very quickly, one scrutinized my resume and asked me to explain every single thing on it, and would go very in-depth... my explanations were always followed by "why?" The interviewers didn't do a good job of making me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• When is it ok to postpone a decision?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews. First with 2 analysts, second with a lf associate and analyst. Not much tech, mostly behavioral/fit.

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Technical Interview one on one interview.
    No procedure for the interview, Looking for developers who have finance experience.
    I got the call from reciter. Interview process is very easy if you have finance basics along with java development.

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

mostly competency based questions, technical knowledge not so important

Operations Rotational Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through career services on campus. One phone interview lasting about 30 minutes with two directors. Mostly behavioral. After that, went on to the superday at the New York office. It consisted of four interviews, all 2 on 1. A few technical questions involving derivatives, but nothing too crazy. Received the offer the same day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Interview

Had lunch with the manager, very friendly woman, walked me through my resume.

Interview Questions

• How has the cost of finance changed for Latin American companies as the dollar gained on them?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter for the position. I went through:

1) A screening telephone interview with HR rep.
    2) Telephone interview with hiring manager.
    3) In person interview with hiring manager.

My last interview with the the hiring manager seemed to go very well. At the end of the interview I was told that one last call would be setup to speak with a division VP.

I never heard back from the hiring manager or HR rep. After two weeks I emailed the HR rep and have not received a response to date.

This is the worst possible interview process I've had in my career.

Summer Analyst (ECM) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

First round OCR interview and Superday at their office. On first round, I interview with two different people. On the Superday, I interviewed with 4 people at their office including 4 MDs

Interview Questions

• One guy from structured finance with PhD from MIT bombarded me with brain teasers. Most of them were typical ones that you would expect to find from a brain teaser question guide.
      The most difficult/unexpected question that I got from this interview was when an MD asked me to walk through the steps of dealing with an unsatisfied client.
      Other than that... the rest were the typical behavioral and markets questions.

Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Interview

Hiring and Interview process to standard. Phone Interview, In person interviews and management team meeting. All on separate days/period.

On average the interview process was fair. Nothing difficult at all.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online - the process took a couple of weeks. Based on my location at the time I had two Skype interviews. Both of the interviews lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly behavioral. However, technical questions included bond valuation, basic market knowledge, and a investment strategy question.   Answer Question