BNP Paribas

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Sales & Trading Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BNP Paribas in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was all fit based. No brainteasers or market questions. The most important part was being able to sell yourself. I interviewed with two guys from Prime Brokerage. To prepare for your interview though, you should still know all your market info, basic math, and obviously your fit answers. The interview depends heavily on the person that is interviewing you (i.e. trader = market questions).

Interview Question – Why should I choose you over the other 9 candidates that I just interviewed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is competitive.

Fixed Income Analyst Interview

Fixed Income Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BNP Paribas in March 2010.

Interview Details – First round interview, the MD I interviewed with asked me about digital options. Since I come from a non-finance background, he wanted to see how quickly I can pick up information and apply them. Second round, I interviewed with 4 people. Some questions involved short/long positions, how the market is doing, and what is going on in the markets lately.

Interview Question – What is an option? What is a digital option?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BNP Paribas in July 2010.

Interview Details – I got the interview call through a Recruiter.

I first had a phone interview and then I was invited onsite where I met 4 people, 3 technical and 1 pseudo-technical/HR.

The whole process lasted for 4 hours and had questions on C++, multithreading, projects on my resume and questions about basic finance and low latency.

Interview Question – Implement a thread safe queue con-formant to POSIX APIs and specification. There are multiple readers and writers indefinitely reading/writing from/into the queue.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BNP Paribas in October 2009.

Interview Details – Standard interview through my graduate school recruiting, 1 on 1 interview with senior guy, interview was for Fixed Income Sales & Trading, for Sales side. A brief walk through resume and after that a bit of discussion on current market situation and also on my career interest. Also, I was told more about the role, etc. Interviewer was laid back and positive, no tough questions, more like a fit type of interview.

Interview Question – Are you more interested in Sales or in Structuring role and why?   Answer Question

Associate Sales and Trading Interview

Associate Sales and Trading
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BNP Paribas in January 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through on-campus recruiting and just completed the first round of interviews. The interviewer is very nice and friendly. Basically, he just asked me a project I did before. He went into technical details involved in the project. Additionally, he asked open questions to test your general understanding about derivatives.

Interview Question – Why BNP?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas in January 2007.

Interview Details – initial phone internview + met about 4 managers, they asked me about my work experience and then about financial industry terms like options, greeks etc
They asked me in particular about the data elements of options and structured products. apart from that some other questions were on corporate actions, back office and compliance experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – pretty easy, they asked me for a number and accepted....they have a very good relocation package

Summer Intern (Analyst) Interview

Summer Intern (Analyst)
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas in March 2009.

Interview Details – Outside of basic fit, some technical questions, asked to do basic bond math and a few brain teasers which included:
How many grocery stores are in the US?
If it is 3:20, what angle do the hands on the clock make?
If a weight is thrown into a pool, what will happen to the water level?
How many integers include the number 9 from 0-100,000

I had one phone interview where the interviewer was very "in your face" and wanted to see how I reacted under pressure, was really stressful. From there I was called into New York and had two interviews on site where the interviewers were much nicer, the interviewers were short but I had to wait for almost 45 minutes in a conference room in between them, I wasn't sure if it was to "ice" me or if they were just busy, probably the latter.

Interview Question – How many grocery stores are in the US?   View Answer

Trade Support Analyst Interview

Trade Support Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BNP Paribas in January 2008.

Interview Details – The initial communications with BNP was the recruiter calling me up and scheduling an interview. Once I found out I had an interview I talked to someone I knew in the company. He suggested I just be as upbeat as possible with a "can-do" attitude (But not to the point of annoying.) I researched and checked around to see what the general overview of the job was and how my skills may apply before going in.

At the interview itself, I was taken to a completely glass conference room on the trading floor where everyone could see you. Unfortunately, being a first interview, this was intimidating and overwhelming. I suggest you keep your cool.

The interviewers provided an overview of the job position and what I'd be doing and if I was ok with the career progression that they outlined. (I thought this was a major plus.) They also asked about my own work experience and situations at previous jobs. IE: Worst thing? Best thing? Etc.

My advice to anyone interviewing there is to be upbeat and to think of the positives from each job experience. Think of the skills you can bring from previous jobs to the job you're applying to. Also, be upbeat about previous jobs, even if it wasn't that great or there was a bad experience. Never make any off-hand remarks or downgrading previous jobs. IE: "It wasn't the greatest position relative to other positions but..." Don't be modest about specific things the interviewer remarks and praises you on. Accept the praise, turn it as a benefit for the company.

Interview Question – Are you okay with the career path and outline we have for you?   View Answer

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Junior Software Engineer

Interviewed at BNP Paribas

Interview Details – Technical test(aptitude + java technical)
technical interview (related to core java and basic of servlet and JSP)
 managerial round(ask technical question )
finally HR round in which they ask the expected CTC.

Interview Question – technical test   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for this job through hiring agency. It took a 2 weeks completing the process. First I had technical telephonic interview. it was quite easy technical questions. Then I had face to face interview with 2 managers. it was quite difficult.

Interview Question – In depth java and framework related questions..   Answer Question