BNP Paribas Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 16, 2014
137 interviews

3.1

M&A Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at BNP Paribas in July 2014.

4 interviews with one junior level one and three senior level ones, in two times, last about 40 mins per person. first confirmed through email and video conference call as I am not currently in the city.

Interview Questions
    • Several typical technical questions, not really very difficult, understanding on the local market, motivation   Answer Question

Executive Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BNP Paribas.

jus normal question abt the investment banking. and full details abt the project and personal info!! first round is GD abt mutual fund and second round with the hr and final round is techincal

Summer Interview

Interned at the CIB department, however dealing with settlements. Also managed the reception duties at the mailroom. Good exposure to the trade finance operations structure as well as documents involved ( Letter of Credit etc)
    Great working culture, flat hierarchy, excellent working environment fostered with supportive and inspiring colleagues.
    Don't usually have to OT, even for full timers

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the box - basic resume-related questions, behavioural questions   Answer Question

Intern In M&A Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas in January 2013.

first step is a quickly phone interview. after that the process continue with two interviews, the first was one hour interview with the hr and second was with three associates.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at BNP Paribas in February 2014.

college placement..
    interview process..
    1.apptitude
        very easy qns go to www.indiabix.com it helps me a lot..
    2.technical interview
         i have choosen sql(u can choose either sql or java ).
    3.technical interview
    4.hr

Senior Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Very easy as their scope of intellectual talents are limited for long term employee who cannot work elsewhere. Just maintain positive attitude and show an interest and you would be fine as long as you appear sufficiently unthreatening to their positions.

I did not challenge the offered amount. Very fast and closed in a few days.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Paris (France)
    Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at BNP Paribas in January 2010.

Internal process
    First contact
    Referral from manager
    Second contact with head of hr
    Interview being conducted with Visio conference
    Selection after 2 months"".....................................relocation (moving taking in charge by HR) and new position"......................
    Great management on the career side.
    Great experience

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Zürich (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

interviewed at BNP Paribas in August 2013.

It was a very short interview with an impatient woman who seemed to be distracted by other things. I believe I was under-qualified for the job, that's why. But still everyone deserves a chance and I thought my innate qualities were more important than my resume or degrees. I realize I was nervous and intimidated which probably didn't help. Confidence is very important when interviewing with banking institutions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about a valuation method that I didn't understand and hadn't learned in school.   View Answer

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

I interviewed online - interviewed at BNP Paribas in December 2013.

Applied online, passed the first interview (group interview, 3 people). Questions were petty basic. Why do you want to work at BNP Paribas? What are your strengths? Where do you see yourself in 10 years? The first interview was in Japanese.
    The second interview was double, one with a trader, the other one with a sales person. Both in English. Questions: How do you think you will fit here? What are your weak points? What do you study in university? What was your biggest failure, etc.

Commercial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madrid (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at BNP Paribas in September 2011.

Sorry for my English:
    Short interview on time, at the offices of the company in which I was asked by my previous post (I was still working at another company) I asked for my skills with staff, salary and explanation of the new post.
    They were friendly, direct and 3 hours they called me that he had got the job