BNP Paribas Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.1

Fixed Income Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

I interviewed through campus recruiting. There were two separate interviewers each conducting a 30 min interview

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy...more about the job and basically verifiying that I can deliever. It took a few weeks to get a call back. I interviewed with 4 individuals.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult question, I suppose because it was probably a temp to hire and not direct hire.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it was through an agency, there was not negotiation

Analyst Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in France, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BNP Paribas (France, ID) in January 2013.

Interview

It's a two rounds interview with variety of questions related to role I am applying. 1st round was done by two ladies with first level rounding up what was my latest job and what was my role as a BA. In this interview I need to highlights what are my deliverable projects, how do I go about with the stakeholders/sponsors, how do I schedule my activities, managing the stakeholders and some facts of how difficult it is to commit with the deadlines. 2nd, was done by two gentlemen. The situation was that about my experience in operations and in the latest job as a BA, the questions was more focus on the testing strategy and how do I go on witht testing and how big was my test cases and so on and so forth.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage different stakeholders?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was done when HR lay down all the package perks and I feel it was okay, I grab it.

Junior Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at BNP Paribas in July 2012.

Interview

APTITUDE TEST. Followed by Technical interview , Management interview and HR interview interview. All the interviews were onsite. Interviews are easy. Once you clear aptitude test, crack the interview is not that difficult. Aptitude test has all kind of question, quant,verbal and behavioural. If you have applied for dev position then they will have java questions as well in the aptitude test

Interview Questions

• Swap 2 numbers without using temp variable. Why Testing.   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

phone, in person with hiring manager, in person again with HR, in person again with 5 other potential colleagues, in person again with video conference to management in Paris...then waited 2 weeks for offer letter

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at BNP Paribas in April 2012.

Interview

agents arranged phone interview and it went smoothly, they just asked me some what projects I have worked and high level technical questions. then I was invited to an onsite interview. I met two developers and the hiring manager. The interview is not difficult and hiring manager is nice. I then received an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• java why ConcurrentHashMap doesn't throw concurrentmodificationexception?   1 Answer

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was with the Director of FX Sales & Trading for a summer analyst position. The interview was in their NYC offices on 7th avenue in one of the offices on their trading floor. It started off well, we actually ended up speaking Spanish for the first 10 minutes even though I'm not Spanish nor is it on my resume. However he began to ask more technical questions about FX hedging strategies using forwards/futures, swaps, and options. I'm an equities guy with limited knowledge of FX strategies so I had some difficulty providing specific examples of concepts. I didn't get called in for another interview as they likely found someone with more experience in FX to take the position.

Interview Questions

• What is BNP Paribas best known for?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas in February 2012.

Interview

I applied for Trade Finance Intern position. It took me 1 month to go through all processes. The interviews were not difficult. The first round, I was interviewed by head of HR. It was pretty much easy. The 2nd round I had a chance to talk with head of Operations and COO. They asked many tricky questions but mostly about myself, no technical questions.

Fixed Income Structuring Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I was notified I received an interview a week before the interview. I was interviewed by two MDs for my first round. It started as fit, but quickly turned technical, so I would say definitely over 50% was technical.

Institutional Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BNP Paribas (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Got interview via referral from friend already on their team. Was interviewed by MD and also by 4 team members individually. Each interview was 30-45 minutes so it was a long day.