BNP Paribas Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014

3.1

Trade Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNP Paribas in January 2008.

The initial communications with BNP was the recruiter calling me up and scheduling an interview. Once I found out I had an interview I talked to someone I knew in the company. He suggested I just be as upbeat as possible with a "can-do" attitude (But not to the point of annoying.) I researched and checked around to see what the general overview of the job was and how my skills may apply before going in.

At the interview itself, I was taken to a completely glass conference room on the trading floor where everyone could see you. Unfortunately, being a first interview, this was intimidating and overwhelming. I suggest you keep your cool.

The interviewers provided an overview of the job position and what I'd be doing and if I was ok with the career progression that they outlined. (I thought this was a major plus.) They also asked about my own work experience and situations at previous jobs. IE: Worst thing? Best thing? Etc.

My advice to anyone interviewing there is to be upbeat and to think of the positives from each job experience. Think of the skills you can bring from previous jobs to the job you're applying to. Also, be upbeat about previous jobs, even if it wasn't that great or there was a bad experience. Never make any off-hand remarks or downgrading previous jobs. IE: "It wasn't the greatest position relative to other positions but..." Don't be modest about specific things the interviewer remarks and praises you on. Accept the praise, turn it as a benefit for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Are you okay with the career path and outline we have for you?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas in January 2007.

initial phone internview + met about 4 managers, they asked me about my work experience and then about financial industry terms like options, greeks etc
    They asked me in particular about the data elements of options and structured products. apart from that some other questions were on corporate actions, back office and compliance experience

Interview Questions
    pretty easy, they asked me for a number and accepted....they have a very good relocation package

Branch Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas.

it was very good one,telling about my skills , qualification.past work experience,education back ground and telling sories about client complaint handling,customer service.trainingbstaff.motivation,business planninh,team work spirit,sales targets,sales plans, how to influence others, how to manage, how to lead,understand market ,understand bank products,complying with bank policy,

they are fair enough

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Technical test(aptitude + java technical)
    technical interview (related to core java and basic of servlet and JSP)
     managerial round(ask technical question )
    finally HR round in which they ask the expected CTC.

Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BNP Paribas.

jus normal question abt the investment banking. and full details abt the project and personal info!! first round is GD abt mutual fund and second round with the hr and final round is techincal

Summer Interview

Interned at the CIB department, however dealing with settlements. Also managed the reception duties at the mailroom. Good exposure to the trade finance operations structure as well as documents involved ( Letter of Credit etc)
    Great working culture, flat hierarchy, excellent working environment fostered with supportive and inspiring colleagues.
    Don't usually have to OT, even for full timers

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the box - basic resume-related questions, behavioural questions   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BNP Paribas in July 2014.

Experience Interview

We discuss your past experiences—accomplishments and challenges alike—to discover skills that will enable you to thrive at McKinsey. Come prepared to discuss your most important past experiences in a detailed way, focusing on your specific role and describing the key actions that were critical to success.

Case Interview

We believe the best way we can assess your problem-solving skills is to discuss a real McKinsey business problem with you, to help us understand how you:

structure a tough, often ambiguous, business problem
    decide which issues are important to focus on
    deal with facts and data—and their implications (numerical and otherwise)
    formulate conclusions and recommendations to solve the problem
    articulate your thoughts during a fast moving discussion
    Problem-solving test

As a complement to our case interview, we might ask you to take a multiple-choice test to demonstrate your analytical skills. It consists of 26 questions, based on real McKinsey client cases, with no business background required.

M&A Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BNP Paribas in July 2014.

4 interviews with one junior level one and three senior level ones, in two times, last about 40 mins per person. first confirmed through email and video conference call as I am not currently in the city.

Interview Questions
    • Several typical technical questions, not really very difficult, understanding on the local market, motivation   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas.

Very easy as their scope of intellectual talents are limited for long term employee who cannot work elsewhere. Just maintain positive attitude and show an interest and you would be fine as long as you appear sufficiently unthreatening to their positions.

I did not challenge the offered amount. Very fast and closed in a few days.

Long Term Internship Interview

Telephone interview

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions, in particular DCF and multiple valuation   Answer Question