BNP Paribas

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

3.1

Branch Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas.

it was very good one,telling about my skills , qualification.past work experience,education back ground and telling sories about client complaint handling,customer service.trainingbstaff.motivation,business planninh,team work spirit,sales targets,sales plans, how to influence others, how to manage, how to lead,understand market ,understand bank products,complying with bank policy,

they are fair enough

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Technical test(aptitude + java technical)
    technical interview (related to core java and basic of servlet and JSP)
     managerial round(ask technical question )
    finally HR round in which they ask the expected CTC.

Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BNP Paribas.

jus normal question abt the investment banking. and full details abt the project and personal info!! first round is GD abt mutual fund and second round with the hr and final round is techincal

Summer Interview

Interned at the CIB department, however dealing with settlements. Also managed the reception duties at the mailroom. Good exposure to the trade finance operations structure as well as documents involved ( Letter of Credit etc)
    Great working culture, flat hierarchy, excellent working environment fostered with supportive and inspiring colleagues.
    Don't usually have to OT, even for full timers

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the box - basic resume-related questions, behavioural questions   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BNP Paribas in July 2014.

Experience Interview

We discuss your past experiences—accomplishments and challenges alike—to discover skills that will enable you to thrive at McKinsey. Come prepared to discuss your most important past experiences in a detailed way, focusing on your specific role and describing the key actions that were critical to success.

Case Interview

We believe the best way we can assess your problem-solving skills is to discuss a real McKinsey business problem with you, to help us understand how you:

structure a tough, often ambiguous, business problem
    decide which issues are important to focus on
    deal with facts and data—and their implications (numerical and otherwise)
    formulate conclusions and recommendations to solve the problem
    articulate your thoughts during a fast moving discussion
    Problem-solving test

As a complement to our case interview, we might ask you to take a multiple-choice test to demonstrate your analytical skills. It consists of 26 questions, based on real McKinsey client cases, with no business background required.

M&A Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BNP Paribas in July 2014.

4 interviews with one junior level one and three senior level ones, in two times, last about 40 mins per person. first confirmed through email and video conference call as I am not currently in the city.

Interview Questions
    • Several typical technical questions, not really very difficult, understanding on the local market, motivation   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas.

Very easy as their scope of intellectual talents are limited for long term employee who cannot work elsewhere. Just maintain positive attitude and show an interest and you would be fine as long as you appear sufficiently unthreatening to their positions.

I did not challenge the offered amount. Very fast and closed in a few days.

Long Term Internship Interview

Telephone interview

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions, in particular DCF and multiple valuation   Answer Question

M&A Analyst Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas.

Hiring process was slow and unclear. I received an email stating I was rejected if I had no news after 3 weeks. After 4 weeks I received an email to schedule a phone interview. I assumed this interview would be short and with HR, but it counted as a final round interview with a team member. Interview lasted for over 45 mins with two interviewees. Questions were entirely based on accounting knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • What is the market cap and margin of the company you interned for previously?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas in April 2014.

I applied for this job through hiring agency. It took a 2 weeks completing the process. First I had technical telephonic interview. it was quite easy technical questions. Then I had face to face interview with 2 managers. it was quite difficult.