BNP Paribas Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2014
Updated Aug 30, 2014

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online - interviewed at BNP Paribas in December 2013.

Applied online, passed the first interview (group interview, 3 people). Questions were petty basic. Why do you want to work at BNP Paribas? What are your strengths? Where do you see yourself in 10 years? The first interview was in Japanese.
    The second interview was double, one with a trader, the other one with a sales person. Both in English. Questions: How do you think you will fit here? What are your weak points? What do you study in university? What was your biggest failure, etc.

Commercial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madrid (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BNP Paribas in September 2011.

Sorry for my English:
    Short interview on time, at the offices of the company in which I was asked by my previous post (I was still working at another company) I asked for my skills with staff, salary and explanation of the new post.
    They were friendly, direct and 3 hours they called me that he had got the job

Intern Structuring Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas in January 2013.

1 round
    basic question of finance : Black Scholes model, volatility definition, volatility method of calculation, maybe some code writing is you apply to quant ( fibonnaci for example ) but not in structuring teams

Brainteasers easy

Interview Questions
    • brainteasers of the watch ( how many times the big and short bar of the watch cross each other ... )   Answer Question
    no negociation

Long Term Internship Interview

Telephone interview

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions, in particular DCF and multiple valuation   Answer Question

M&A Analyst Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Hiring process was slow and unclear. I received an email stating I was rejected if I had no news after 3 weeks. After 4 weeks I received an email to schedule a phone interview. I assumed this interview would be short and with HR, but it counted as a final round interview with a team member. Interview lasted for over 45 mins with two interviewees. Questions were entirely based on accounting knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • What is the market cap and margin of the company you interned for previously?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

interviewed at BNP Paribas in April 2010.

selected interview with the team and HR, usually started off with phone interview and then physical interviews followed by a written test which is not difficult. Generally it's more like a personality and fit test. Better go through a friend or someone who works there instead.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at BNP Paribas in April 2012.

After sending your cv and cover letter, you might get a 2h-interview at BNP Paribas CIB. I went there and was asked about my goals and expectations, I had to present my education and skills during 1h. Basic questions: 3 qualities, 3 defaults... And then 1h of developing skills.

Interview Questions
    • 3 bigger defaults (and then can't be related to your qualities previously mentioned)   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Speed networking event. There were no difficult questions but it was a bit of a challenge to speak with other interviewees in the same room. Only had a first-round so I am not aware of the rest of the procedure.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BNP Paribas in June 2013.

3 rounds of interview...1st 2 rounds were with the team leads of the cash management areas who tested my knowledge in this field. Last round was with the Director which was more whee he wanted to know me and my motivation to join BNP Paribas.

Interview Questions
    No. The HR was very stubborn on the compensation and benefits and claimed that based on my experience, I was being paid the right salary.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas.

The interview was very unstructured and the Interviewer is not very clear with what the job description is. Aside from that, he even called me at eleven pm to find out about my expected salary. That is very unprofessional.