BNP Paribas Interview Questions

3.1

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas in July 2009.

Very smooth and laid back. Everyone was very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
    BNP ended up offering 15 % more and I accepted the position.

Summer Intern (Analyst) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas in March 2009.

Outside of basic fit, some technical questions, asked to do basic bond math and a few brain teasers which included:
    How many grocery stores are in the US?
    If it is 3:20, what angle do the hands on the clock make?
    If a weight is thrown into a pool, what will happen to the water level?
    How many integers include the number 9 from 0-100,000

I had one phone interview where the interviewer was very "in your face" and wanted to see how I reacted under pressure, was really stressful. From there I was called into New York and had two interviews on site where the interviewers were much nicer, the interviewers were short but I had to wait for almost 45 minutes in a conference room in between them, I wasn't sure if it was to "ice" me or if they were just busy, probably the latter.

Interview Questions
    • How many grocery stores are in the US?   View Answer

Trade Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNP Paribas in January 2008.

The initial communications with BNP was the recruiter calling me up and scheduling an interview. Once I found out I had an interview I talked to someone I knew in the company. He suggested I just be as upbeat as possible with a "can-do" attitude (But not to the point of annoying.) I researched and checked around to see what the general overview of the job was and how my skills may apply before going in.

At the interview itself, I was taken to a completely glass conference room on the trading floor where everyone could see you. Unfortunately, being a first interview, this was intimidating and overwhelming. I suggest you keep your cool.

The interviewers provided an overview of the job position and what I'd be doing and if I was ok with the career progression that they outlined. (I thought this was a major plus.) They also asked about my own work experience and situations at previous jobs. IE: Worst thing? Best thing? Etc.

My advice to anyone interviewing there is to be upbeat and to think of the positives from each job experience. Think of the skills you can bring from previous jobs to the job you're applying to. Also, be upbeat about previous jobs, even if it wasn't that great or there was a bad experience. Never make any off-hand remarks or downgrading previous jobs. IE: "It wasn't the greatest position relative to other positions but..." Don't be modest about specific things the interviewer remarks and praises you on. Accept the praise, turn it as a benefit for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Are you okay with the career path and outline we have for you?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas in January 2007.

initial phone internview + met about 4 managers, they asked me about my work experience and then about financial industry terms like options, greeks etc
    They asked me in particular about the data elements of options and structured products. apart from that some other questions were on corporate actions, back office and compliance experience

Interview Questions
    pretty easy, they asked me for a number and accepted....they have a very good relocation package

Stagiaire Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BNP Paribas.

1. Tests ecrits (logique et finance)
    2. Entretien RH pour voir le niveau d'anglais
    3. Entretiens dans les bureaux
    Le tout dure environ 5 semaines. Les tests sont OK, faisables et facilement préparables. Les entretiens en personne en revanche sont difficiles....

Interview Questions
    • Comment varie le prix d'un call en fonction du taux d'intérêt? Pourquoi?   Answer Question

Spring Insight Programmer Interview

Online application followed by 15 minute telephone interview. Interview mainly competency and CV based followed by a few technical and motivational questions. Started by asking me talk about myself and give a basic idea of the kind of person I am, before asking for examples of situations I have been involved in and then asking me why BNP Paribas and why investment banking.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about something recently happening in the markets that would be relevant to our firm?   Answer Question

Analyst Investment Banking Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Self Intro
    what you did at internship. Esp the related one.
    DCF model. Comps.
    Industry trend( depends on specific team).
    Recent deals of BNP.
    Brain teaser.
    Do you have any Questions for them.

DCM Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BNP Paribas.

I met the BNP Paribas recruiters at a careers conference at my university and then followed up with contacts in my area of interest. I was called for an interview for a summer internship. The interviewer was very amicable and actually interested in where I see myself fitting into the firm.

Interview Questions
    • It was more my own career shift, but the difficult question was basically "how will you make up for your non-conventional background?"   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

panel interview, asked standard strength weaknessess, behavioural questions about work background, internship experiences. Lasted 1 hour. Told me more about the team and working culture but didnt sell the organisation as well as i expected it to be. Told me BNP is more laid back compared to american banks and people there are kind.

Analyst Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BNP Paribas.

1st round interview with an Associate in the team; half about motivations & past internships (30min) and half about technical questions (30min) following by a case study of valuation and LBO (20min).
    2nd interview to do an excel model of LBO.
    3rd interview with a MD in the team.