BNP Paribas

136 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

M&A Analyst Intern Interview

M&A Analyst Intern

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Interview Details – Hiring process was slow and unclear. I received an email stating I was rejected if I had no news after 3 weeks. After 4 weeks I received an email to schedule a phone interview. I assumed this interview would be short and with HR, but it counted as a final round interview with a team member. Interview lasted for over 45 mins with two interviewees. Questions were entirely based on accounting knowledge.

Interview Question – What is the market cap and margin of the company you interned for previously?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I interviewed at BNP Paribas in April 2010.

Interview Details – selected interview with the team and HR, usually started off with phone interview and then physical interviews followed by a written test which is not difficult. Generally it's more like a personality and fit test. Better go through a friend or someone who works there instead.

Paris (France)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BNP Paribas in April 2012.

Interview Details – After sending your cv and cover letter, you might get a 2h-interview at BNP Paribas CIB. I went there and was asked about my goals and expectations, I had to present my education and skills during 1h. Basic questions: 3 qualities, 3 defaults... And then 1h of developing skills.

Interview Question – 3 bigger defaults (and then can't be related to your qualities previously mentioned)   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interviewed at BNP Paribas

Interview Details – Speed networking event. There were no difficult questions but it was a bit of a challenge to speak with other interviewees in the same room. Only had a first-round so I am not aware of the rest of the procedure.

Interview Question – Lognormal distribution   Answer Question

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Associate Business Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BNP Paribas in June 2013.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interview...1st 2 rounds were with the team leads of the cash management areas who tested my knowledge in this field. Last round was with the Director which was more whee he wanted to know me and my motivation to join BNP Paribas.

Interview Question – My motivation to join BNP Paribas   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No. The HR was very stubborn on the compensation and benefits and claimed that based on my experience, I was being paid the right salary.

Very Easy Interview

Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Interview Details – The interview was very unstructured and the Interviewer is not very clear with what the job description is. Aside from that, he even called me at eleven pm to find out about my expected salary. That is very unprofessional.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BNP Paribas in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through consultant. Got interview in a week. Questions in interview was mostly based on details in CV. Very simple and straightforward. As long as you know what you are doing in your current job, it should be fine. For this role opening they expected the person to have some technical background as well.

Interview Question – Some technical questions on queuing setup etc   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at BNP Paribas

Interview Details – Basic question about finance, option pricing, need to solve some brainteaser and financial mathematic problems about applied finance : balck scoles extension, stochastic calculus.... some questions about my master thesis. Queston about personnality. I have meet 3 people, really kind and friendly, the interview was really basic, standard for somebody wanted to work in finance.

Interview Question – Mathematic question   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Paris (France)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas in July 2013.

Interview Details – For final year interns there is a 1st interview with manager and other analysts, 2nd interview with HR along with a personality test which is more of a formality. For 1st year interns there is usually only one interview and for full time jobs there 4-5 rounds of interviews.

Interview Question – Technical questions related to the job in terms of valuation, asset classes, return calculations etc. Expect lots of behavioral and CV questions with focus on your extra curricular activities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No much to negotiate, BNP Paribas is best in class in terms of compensation and they have different tiers of compensation schemes depending on your school.

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas in March 2012.

Interview Details – Selection process was facilitated by faculty. Mine was about 3 to 4 weeks including the actual interview day. The interview itself was held on premises and conducted by a single interviewer. Standard questions on competencies, but I felt he was very interested in my projects. I especially recommend candidates to try and show competencies / skills from those projects.

Interview Question – Do you think you will be able to work well here?   Answer Question