BNP Paribas

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director
Paris (France)

I applied in-person - interviewed at BNP Paribas in January 2010.

Interview Details – Internal process
First contact
Referral from manager
Second contact with head of hr
Interview being conducted with Visio conference
Selection after 2 months"".....................................relocation (moving taking in charge by HR) and new position"......................
Great management on the career side.
Great experience

Intern Structuring Interview

Intern Structuring
Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas in January 2013.

Interview Details – 1 round
basic question of finance : Black Scholes model, volatility definition, volatility method of calculation, maybe some code writing is you apply to quant ( fibonnaci for example ) but not in structuring teams

Brainteasers easy

Interview Question – brainteasers of the watch ( how many times the big and short bar of the watch cross each other ... )   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negociation

Intern Interview

Intern
Paris (France)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BNP Paribas in April 2012.

Interview Details – After sending your cv and cover letter, you might get a 2h-interview at BNP Paribas CIB. I went there and was asked about my goals and expectations, I had to present my education and skills during 1h. Basic questions: 3 qualities, 3 defaults... And then 1h of developing skills.

Interview Question – 3 bigger defaults (and then can't be related to your qualities previously mentioned)   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Paris (France)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas in July 2013.

Interview Details – For final year interns there is a 1st interview with manager and other analysts, 2nd interview with HR along with a personality test which is more of a formality. For 1st year interns there is usually only one interview and for full time jobs there 4-5 rounds of interviews.

Interview Question – Technical questions related to the job in terms of valuation, asset classes, return calculations etc. Expect lots of behavioral and CV questions with focus on your extra curricular activities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No much to negotiate, BNP Paribas is best in class in terms of compensation and they have different tiers of compensation schemes depending on your school.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst
Paris (France)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Interview Details – I sent my resume through the career center of my university, Then I got a technical interview a few days later with two quantitative analysts. After that I got an HR interview one week later and finally got the final answer a few days later. The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Questions about risk measures (VaR, CVaR), Greeks, Portfolio theory (Markowitz, CAPM) - the position was in asset management etc....   Answer Question

Equity Derivatives Intern Interview

Equity Derivatives Intern
Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BNP Paribas in December 2012.

Interview Details – First round was held in Paris for a group of 12-15 people, and included logical test and skills test (depending on the position) for 40min each. Logical test was quite interesting to do and similar to those you find profoundly described online (google: BNP intern test). Skills test was quite deep but totally ok if you know Hull's book well. HR's were very nice, though mainly communication was held in French.

Interview Question – Difficult in terms of time given: Create a sales pitch for quite comprehensive portfolio, define target group   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – More interesting offer
Low salary

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BNP Paribas in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied on BNPP website in early June 2011. I have waited 2 days before to receive an email from HR to set up a phone interview.
After my phone interview, I received an other mail to set some interviews.
I have met a HR representant and the manager of the desk during the interview.

Internship Interview

Internship
Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas in May 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview - Iterview with the team and interview with the HR

Interview Question – Questions concerning financial products   Answer Question

Equity Derivatives Sales Intern Interview

Equity Derivatives Sales Intern
Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BNP Paribas in October 2012.

Interview Details – The process took about 2-3 months: first online application, logical and financial knowledge test, telephone interview with HR and interview with the team.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just CV related and some basics derivative questions like "What happens to the price of an option if volatility increases?"   View Answer

Account Officer Junior Interview

Account Officer Junior
Paris (France)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas in February 2012.

Interview Details – There was a quick interview on the phone by the hiring manager which was followed with an interview with him and 3 other persons. It was in English and also in French. It took around an hour.

Interview Question – What was your weakness at your previous job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was an internship position, so i they told me to start as soon as i can.

Worked for BNP Paribas? Contribute to the Community!