BNP Paribas Securities Services

Updated May 28, 2015

2.4

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BNP Paribas Securities Services (Cambridge, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewer give brief introduction on what they do
    Technical questions

The interviewer is very nice! He explained things to me that I have not answered!
    Nodding and eye contact keep me relaxed in the interview.
    It is my first face-to-face interview! Good experience!

Interview Questions

• 1) Data structure question: pointer value.
      2) An algorithm question (write the code) and calculate O (n).
      3) A data analysis question. What you will do given the data you have. How to deal with logistic regression.
      4) Stochastic calculus. Brownian motion , .....
      No financial background needed.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

had just one on-site interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas Securities Services (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Very easy process-had to meet with deputy and then chief-HR process was a nightmare-took over a month with no feedback to get an official offer. the background check was easy it was just dealign with HR in paris that took a very long time

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with LATAM markets   1 Answer

CLEARING ANALYST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BNP Paribas Securities Services (King of Prussia, PA) in May 2008.

Interview

Sat with a few managers. Pretty standard interview process. Asked questions about my gpa and why i wanted to switch from IT to Business side. Walked around and met people.

Interview Questions

• What is the reason for your low gpa   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas Securities Services (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2015.

Interview

First round, two 30 minutes questions with both fit and technical questions raised, not quite challenging.
    Second round, one 1-hour interview with fit questions with head of the department
    Almost no difficult questions are encountered during the interview and sight of its headquarter in HK office is quite relaxing.

Technical Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at BNP Paribas Securities Services (Lisbon (Portugal)).

Interview

You have to pass by 3 phases, Tests - not easy, and 2 interviews - you should spear more then 1 language (Portuguese, English and sometimes another language), The HR are really nice persons, usually, You will have to be prepared to know the background of the company.

Interview Questions

• When you have to show how good are you in other languages.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They make an offer and there's few room to negotiate.

Trainee Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas Securities Services (Lisbon (Portugal)) in August 2014.

Interview

First we had to apply online. After an online test, there were a period where there were three or four phone interviews. After the inicial selection they scheduled a day for written tests. The types of tests were: Verbal Reasoning, Numerical Reasoning, Calculation and a personality test. The tests were followed by a HR interview and a department interview. The questions that are about your personality are important

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas Securities Services (Lisbon (Portugal)) in March 2014.

Interview

3/4 phases. First psychological tests in a external company. Then the Interview with a consultant from the external company. After this 2 phases you will be interviewed by the HR and the last step a interview with the Department Responsible.

Interview Questions

• i'm waiting for the 3 Stage. Until now the process is easy but very Slow (5 weeks until now).   2 Answers

Process Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BNP Paribas Securities Services.

Interview

very technical and felt tough to clear

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas Securities Services (Lisbon (Portugal)).

Interview

You must apply in the company webpage.
    An external company evaluates the candidates: personality tests, language skills tests, and other. A 1:1 interview with a consultant from this external company. Then, a 1:1 with someone from the HR, followed by a 1:1 with the responsible from the department.
    For most of my colleagues, this process was quite long. For my position, they were in a hurry, so it was quite faster.

Interview Questions

• There were not much difficult questions.
      However, you need to be fluent in English, french or other language being a plus.
      you need to be motivated to work in a team and be client focused.

Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was non-negotiable.