BNP Paribas

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BNP Paribas in April 2012.

Interview Details – agents arranged phone interview and it went smoothly, they just asked me some what projects I have worked and high level technical questions. then I was invited to an onsite interview. I met two developers and the hiring manager. The interview is not difficult and hiring manager is nice. I then received an offer letter.

Interview Question – java why ConcurrentHashMap doesn't throw concurrentmodificationexception?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BNP Paribas in July 2010.

Interview Details – I got the interview call through a Recruiter.

I first had a phone interview and then I was invited onsite where I met 4 people, 3 technical and 1 pseudo-technical/HR.

The whole process lasted for 4 hours and had questions on C++, multithreading, projects on my resume and questions about basic finance and low latency.

Interview Question – Implement a thread safe queue con-formant to POSIX APIs and specification. There are multiple readers and writers indefinitely reading/writing from/into the queue.   View Answer

Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas in November 2012.

Interview Details – Had a telephonic interview and went fine, also I`ve informed that second round with manager but there is no sign for it, as it almost two weeks gone... still expecting...letz seee

Very Easy Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BNP Paribas.

Interview Details – They have 3 rounds. 1st is technical programming test. 2nd is technical interview. 3rd is HR round.

If you have done programming in .NET and worked in a place where people follow SDLC it will be very easy to solve the problem they ask you to code.

2nd interview was a mix of behavioral questions and technical questions. I liked what they asked because it was based more on understanding of the technology rather than textbook questions. Seemed to be a good place with good people to work with if they would have given me a competitive offer.

3rd interview was HR round where some HR will ask u jsut the usual questions every HR will ask you.

Interview Question – How does a memory leak occur in .NET if we havent used any unmanaged resources or they have been disposed off?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer was way below a competitive offer that a company of their stature would give their candidate. Was really surprised and disgusted at the low-ball offer given and there was no negotiation on it.

Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BNP Paribas in September 2010.

Interview Details – a)First round was telephonic.It went for one hour.It was good
b)They called me for face to face interview,5 rounds happend on the same day.
     1)f irst round was technical.
      2)seconds round was system test.They have provided their requireents and asked me implement the same and produce out put in the system.
      3)Third round was again technical ,focused on implementation in the second round and other technical questions on designing
      4)Delivery manager round,can expect some technical questions
      5HR round,asked about my projects and salary expectation

Interview Question – How the locking will happen if method is declared as static and synchronized?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotitation did not happen.They gave amount what I asked

Worked for BNP Paribas? Contribute to the Community!