BNP Paribas UK

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Finance Intern Interview

Project Finance Intern
London, England (UK)

I interviewed at BNP Paribas UK in June 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring was for a specific position, the interview was about 30 minutes long, tested only high-level finance knowledge and looked to see my strengths that would be applicable to project finance.

Interview Question – Could you walk me through a discounted cash flow analysis.   Answer Question

Chief Operating Officer Interview

Chief Operating Officer
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas UK in June 2009.

Interview Details – 8 interviews ranging from direct manager to his reports to HR over a period of a month

Interview Question – Did I know what a certain 'acronym' was and to describe it in 5 sentences?   View Answer

Fixed Income Sales Interview

Fixed Income Sales

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas UK.

Interview Details – I came through the event Women in Capital Markets, which was supposed to be the networking event, but in reality was the group interview. Then they invite me to apply to the position online, which I did within one day. I took them three weeks to answer and invite to the next stage. There was 3 hours interview with 5 different representatives of the company about absolutely everything: my background, why I want to go to BNP, about BNP, all the industry news, technical questions and so on.

Interview Question – For me the surprise questions were the probability questions.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas UK.

Interview Details – Three phone interviews with various question of mathematics, as stochastic calculus, statistics, talking about previous internship.

Interview Question – No particularly difficult question   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at BNP Paribas UK in February 2011.

Interview Details – There were two interviews by two analysts each time. Interviewers were friendly.
No competency based questions, only questions about the company and the industry in general.
They were quite technical at times even though it was just an internship interview and I had no previous experience in that particular industry.

Interview Question – How is a government bond priced?   Answer Question

Fixed Income Sales Interview

Fixed Income Sales
London, England (UK)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at BNP Paribas UK in February 2009.

Interview Details – Application was done online through the website. Completed both numerical and verbal tests online as well. First round was a whole day thing consisting of a one to one interview, a group exercise and a presentation. Second round was a single one to one interview with the man who I ended up working for.

Interview Question – Where do you see the economy in 1, 3, 5 years.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BNP Paribas UK in June 2010.

Interview Details – The process was very fast and I was invited to final interview within one week. The interview consisted of 1:1 with the hiring manager, the director and potential team members. Also in the interview process was the technical knowledge of IT applications.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you and what can you bring to the team?   Answer Question

Marketing and Events Interview

Marketing and Events

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas UK in November 2010.

Interview Details – I had two an interview with two lovely ladies from the marketing and events department. The questions were very standard. They asked me to run down my previous experience. Asked me to clarify some points from the CV. They also asked me to give them a few examples of the previous events that I was in charge of and the outcome? etc. So it was very general and they were very friendly but professional.

Interview Question – Give me an example from your previous role that will show us you are suitable for this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Its an internship so the offers are all standard.

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNP Paribas UK in August 2010.

Interview Details – They gave a C++ test project which I completed

Interview Question – What is the most innovative thing you did in your career?   Answer Question

Commodities CIT Graduate Analyst Interview

Commodities CIT Graduate Analyst
London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at BNP Paribas UK in December 2009.

Interview Details – - Two Panel Interviews, Two members of CIT team on each Panel

First Interview - Hiring Manager (Director from desk) + Analyst
===============================

- Very Straightforward mainly competency interview predominantly to get to know about candidate.

Selection of questions asked

- Why Commodities?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Why BNP Paribas?
- What has happened to the dollar over the past year and what is your medium term view?
- What are your passions in life?

On the whole two very friendly individuals very easy to get along with had the opportunity to ask questions as well.

Second Interview - VP and Analyst from CIT
===============================

- Straightforward mainly competency more technical questions

- What defines the price of an option?
- What is your view on commodities for the next 3 months?
- What type of role do you ideally see yourself doing within Commodities?

Interview Question – What are you passions in life?   View Answer

Worked for BNP Paribas UK? Contribute to the Community!