BNP Paribas UK

Updated Dec 3, 2014

3.2

Trade Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas UK in August 2013.

I had three interviews with two different people each time. It was fair but tough. The interviews very quite long as they later told me that people get honest after they get tired.

Interview Questions
    • The whole approach was surprising. They asked much about the same and went further and further until I didn't know it and then they tried to make me insecure.   Answer Question

Project Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at BNP Paribas UK in June 2013.

Hiring was for a specific position, the interview was about 30 minutes long, tested only high-level finance knowledge and looked to see my strengths that would be applicable to project finance.

Interview Questions
    • Could you walk me through a discounted cash flow analysis.   Answer Question

Fixed Income Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas UK.

I came through the event Women in Capital Markets, which was supposed to be the networking event, but in reality was the group interview. Then they invite me to apply to the position online, which I did within one day. I took them three weeks to answer and invite to the next stage. There was 3 hours interview with 5 different representatives of the company about absolutely everything: my background, why I want to go to BNP, about BNP, all the industry news, technical questions and so on.

Interview Questions
    • For me the surprise questions were the probability questions.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas UK in February 2013.

Easy process with not many difficult or unexpected Question. I spoke to a few people that did not seem very difficult. I did not take the job in the end as the pay was not super.

low paid

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas UK.

Three phone interviews with various question of mathematics, as stochastic calculus, statistics, talking about previous internship.

Summer Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at BNP Paribas UK in February 2011.

There were two interviews by two analysts each time. Interviewers were friendly.
    No competency based questions, only questions about the company and the industry in general.
    They were quite technical at times even though it was just an internship interview and I had no previous experience in that particular industry.

Marketing and Events Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas UK in November 2010.

I had two an interview with two lovely ladies from the marketing and events department. The questions were very standard. They asked me to run down my previous experience. Asked me to clarify some points from the CV. They also asked me to give them a few examples of the previous events that I was in charge of and the outcome? etc. So it was very general and they were very friendly but professional.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example from your previous role that will show us you are suitable for this role?   Answer Question
    Its an internship so the offers are all standard.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNP Paribas UK in August 2010.

They gave a C++ test project which I completed

Interview Questions
    • What is the most innovative thing you did in your career?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at BNP Paribas UK in June 2010.

The process was very fast and I was invited to final interview within one week. The interview consisted of 1:1 with the hiring manager, the director and potential team members. Also in the interview process was the technical knowledge of IT applications.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you and what can you bring to the team?   Answer Question

Commodities CIT Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at BNP Paribas UK in December 2009.

- Two Panel Interviews, Two members of CIT team on each Panel

First Interview - Hiring Manager (Director from desk) + Analyst
    ===============================

- Very Straightforward mainly competency interview predominantly to get to know about candidate.

Selection of questions asked

- Why Commodities?
    - What are your strengths and weaknesses?
    - Why BNP Paribas?
    - What has happened to the dollar over the past year and what is your medium term view?
    - What are your passions in life?

On the whole two very friendly individuals very easy to get along with had the opportunity to ask questions as well.

Second Interview - VP and Analyst from CIT
    ===============================

- Straightforward mainly competency more technical questions

- What defines the price of an option?
    - What is your view on commodities for the next 3 months?
    - What type of role do you ideally see yourself doing within Commodities?