Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at BNSF Railway
- Management Trainee (16)
- Railroad Conductor (10)
- Conductor (9)
- Transportation Management Trainee (5)
- Engineering Management Trainee (4)
- Conductor Trainee (4)
- Experienced First Line Supervisor (4)
- Manager (3)
- Trainmaster (3)
- Administration (2)
- Analyst (2)
- Technology Services (2)
- Engineering Intern (2)
- Freight Conductor (2)
- CMT (2)
- Mechanical Management Trainee (2)
- Transportation Trainee (1)
- Clerk (Engineering) (1)
- Service Design Management Trainee (1)
- Consulting Systems Developer I (1)
- Experienced Front Line Supervisor (EFLS) (1)
- BNSF Intern (1)
- B2B Marketing (1)
- Summer Track Intern (1)
- Conductor Trainee Primary Recall (1)
- IDM Consultant (1)
- Project Manager, Corporate Audit Services (1)
- Inter-modal Equipment Operator (1)
- Trackman/Drive Truck Driver and Work Track When On A Job (1)
- Technology Services Management Trainee (1)
Conductor Trainee Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at BNSF Railway (Scottsbluff, NE).
The interview process is pretty basic and straight forward. They explained exactly what to expect. The interview itself is 1 day, but the entire hiring process takes a while. Ignore what other people say about casual dress, it's an interview so dress to impress and make sure your hair is long enough because they often do a hair test the same day they interview.
- Previous experience 2 Answers
Other Interview Reviews for BNSF Railway
Conductor Trainee InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at BNSF Railway (Glasgow, MT) in March 2014.
Apply online. Pay very close attention to the questions on the online application. Wait for email for hiring event. Hiring event is very straight-forward. Watch a slide show then they give times for individual interview. Study every describe a time... question you can find. Safety safety safety.
- All the questions were expected and none were difficult. Answer Question
Conductor Trainee InterviewDeclined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at BNSF Railway (Glasgow, MT) in November 2012.
The interview process was a breeze! I had to attend a hiring event where they tell all about the company and what is expected. After that you have a 15 minute interview to impress the H.R. people and then they let you know via e-mail in a few days.
- Tell me something about you that you don't want us to know. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
There were too many additional hoops that were time sensitive to complete before the start date.
Conductor Trainee InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks – interviewed at BNSF Railway (Houston, TX) in May 2010.
Applied online through the company website. One month later received an automated call inviting me to test for the position.
- Recall a conflict you had with a supervisor. Answer Question