BNSF Railway Interview Questions in Fort Worth, TX

Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.6

Engineering Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume to college career fair and got link to online assessment a few days later. 100 questions about how to handle workplace situations / interpret charts. Got an email to schedule a phone interview a week later. All behavioral questions about teamwork and leadership. The interviewer was very friendly and invited me to the second round in Fort Worth at the end of the phone interview. The process seemed really unorganized throughout, from scheduling the phone interview to scheduling my flights for the second round (travel site was down), but everyone I interacted with was friendly and patient with the delays. The second round took place at a nice hotel outside Ft. Worth. Presentations on first evening, Watson-Glaser test (look it up), followed by dinner with managers from transportation and three areas of engineering. Everyone was friendly and excited to share about the positions, also very honest about some challenges of the work. Next morning was panel interview with manager and HR rep. Only five easy behavioral questions, hair sample drug test, then free to leave. Heard back one week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you led a team and everything went right.   Answer Question

Transportation Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied in early January, didnt hear back from the company until early march. I received a request to go to a training event and interview in fort worth tx. The whole process took about two days, they provided airfare and food for the night. On the second day they had interviews all day and then took a drug sample.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you overcame adversity in a leadership position?   Answer Question

Experienced First Line Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

They called for the phone interview and that went well. Then they invited me to the second interview. All expenses paid trip to ft worth, Tx. They only ask three question. Over a month later final got an answer that I was not chosen. Better luck next time I guess.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if a task went wrong?   1 Answer

Technology Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Interview

I had to answer a 100 questionaire test behavioral type questions; it was time consuming and easy.
    Then I received a phone interview on leadership and behavioral questions. Blew through that and asked some questions that the HR employee could not answer. Received an email later on and was flown down to Fort Worth/Dallas, Texas for the hiring event and interview. Very nice event in which I learned a lot from the company and could get to know other students (200 students looking for a job with BNSF) as well as employees.
    The interview was in a room with a panel (2-3 recruiters) who asked questions that were simple about leadership roles/behavior and I actually expected more difficult questions and wish they had so I could better portray myself, but oh well.

Took a little over a week to receive a response.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online then received a call to schedule a phone interview a few weeks later. The interview I had was behavioral and the interviewer was very cold and quick. I soon realized that they outsource this part of the process which can explain why the interviewer was so fast, emotionless, and why the interviewer did not know any specifics about the position or company. About 10 days later I found out that I was invited to the final interview. The final interview was a two day process at a hotel in Westlake, TX. We had a presentation on the company, took a psychological/behavioral assessment, then had dinner with everyone. The next day we had a single interview throughout the day and a drug test then was able to leave soon afterwards.

Interview Questions

I received a more competitive offer that was more aligned with my interests and goals.

Engineering Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Process took about a month. Applied and heard from the company within two weeks. Went to a two day hiring event at HQ in Forth Worth, TX. First day is an overview of the company and position, along with brief critical thinking assessment. Second day is a panel interview along with submitting a hair sample.

MT Tech Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was basic behavioral questions. They were more interested on if you were "teachable" great experience. They got everyone interviewed in the morning which was nice and the accommodations were great. They were very helpful and answered all the questions I had. Also provided us time to talk to people who are currently in the position you are applying for. They help a lot with how the interview would go.

Experienced First Line Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Initial assessment not difficult , phone interview was nothing that was not expected (describe at time when...) phone interview could not give any specifics on job or daily activities

Interview Questions

• Describe at time when you led a team and the job failed ?   Answer Question

Applications Development/Service Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Sent the resume directly to the employer. And I got call in the next week. Only one round of interview which has basic sql queries and java questions.

Interview was very easy and got the offer in the next week.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through the website and the process took about a 5 weeks. I went through a phone interview and then they flew me to Ft. Worth for a hiring event. Both interviews were behavioral questions and not bad at all. Overall, it was a great experience and I met some great people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no need to negotiate. I was offered pay greater than what I expected.