BNSF Railway Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.9

Technology Services Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BNSF Railway (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I was asked to do a phone interview soon after applying. The phone interview was short, and I was told that they would make a decision within 2 weeks. However, it wasn't until 3 weeks later that they contacted me again to invite me to the 2-day interview event in Fort Worth. I have yet to attend the event but I will soon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a project that took a significant amount of planning.   Answer Question

Management Trainee (Structures) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BNSF Railway in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with BNSF at a college recruiting event. During the interview they invited me for the second round interview in ft worth TX. The second interview consisted of 2 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict in a group or team you were in charge of.
      Tell us about a time you were faced with a challenge and a deadline and how did you deal with it.

Answer Question

Railroad Conductor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BNSF Railway in January 2015.

Interview

Very long process but I think itll be worth it in the end. I have seen on this site that there are pros and cons about this company. But nothing can be any worse than where I work now. I am used to long hours and time away from home. It'll be nice to get rewarded for it now.

Boilermaker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BNSF Railway (Topeka, KS) in January 2015.

Interview

I recently attended a hiring session in Topeka Ks. Only a handful of us, we went through the job description as well as personal interviews. Drug testing and that was pretty much it. The people weren't too bad. I have been to a few in the last few years and they were alot worse. As I felt the process went fairly well I still didn't get the position. Seems as if I can get invited to these hiring sessions with no problem but I can't get past that. My physical appearance; I am a big guy. However, I've never had a problem handling my weight. Which proves in my resume and current job, but I can't help but feel that maybe that's why I haven't made it on to the next level of the hiring process it can be quite discouraging.

Interview Questions

• What shift do I prefer to work, first, second, or third   1 Answer

Experienced First Line Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BNSF Railway (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

They called for the phone interview and that went well. Then they invited me to the second interview. All expenses paid trip to ft worth, Tx. They only ask three question. Over a month later final got an answer that I was not chosen. Better luck next time I guess.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if a task went wrong?   1 Answer

Trainmaster Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BNSF Railway.

Interview

Process is competitive. Questions are based around safety, leadership, and real world experience. Identify some skills or experiences that are pertinent, and articulate that in a short and concise manner. Most all interviews are over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What skills or experience, qualifies you for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no acceptable negotiating. Take what you get.

All Posittions Interview

Interview

This is a long process, but the benefits are great. You fill out the online application the take the long assessment, then you wait for the phone call. Good luck to all that apply

Engineering Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BNSF Railway in December 2014.

Interview

I took the 100 question test online, which seemed fairly straightforward what answers they were looking for, then got a phone interview. The interviewee asked pretty much all group questions. I had a hard time giving answers that differentiated each of my examples. I haven't gotten a call back yet but if you're applying, I highly suggest writing down several examples of groups you've worked in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a group where everything went as planned.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BNSF Railway in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online. 100 question questionnaire(online). Telephone interview. Invited to recruiting event in Texas next week. Mostly behavioral questions in phone interview. Not very difficult. Just be prepared with the questions you can find on glassdoor. The interviewer will not seem interested. They are trained to be this way. It's been a positive experience so far. Good luck.

Conductor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BNSF Railway.

Interview

Applied online. Basic orientation and interview questions. Safety is key. Take notes during the brief. Dress business casual. Plan for the interview process to take all day. Individual interviews last 20 to 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions, some pertain to information given during the orientation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation