BNSF Railway

Updated Dec 15, 2014

3.1

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at BNSF Railway in November 2014.

I applied online then received a call to schedule a phone interview a few weeks later. The interview I had was behavioral and the interviewer was very cold and quick. I soon realized that they outsource this part of the process which can explain why the interviewer was so fast, emotionless, and why the interviewer did not know any specifics about the position or company. About 10 days later I found out that I was invited to the final interview. The final interview was a two day process at a hotel in Westlake, TX. We had a presentation on the company, took a psychological/behavioral assessment, then had dinner with everyone. The next day we had a single interview throughout the day and a drug test then was able to leave soon afterwards.

Interview Questions

I received a more competitive offer that was more aligned with my interests and goals.

Other Interview Reviews for BNSF Railway

Management Trainee Interview

Online application, online skills assessment (mainly math and critical thinking) should have a general business knowledge and know how to read graphs and charts and took around 45 minutes, phone interview - called a screening but lots of generic behavioral questions with little feedback, in person interview. Whole process was a little lengthy and they are a little slow to respond so be patient.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNSF Railway.

one single interview

Management Trainee Interview

Took multiple weeks, but kept you posted in a timely manner.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BNSF Railway in February 2014.

I Applied online. There were background checks, then phone interviews, then a 2-day interview process at a designated location in DFW area. The process included information sessions, IQ tests, small group information sessions, dinner, 1on1 interviews, and a writing sample task.

Interview Questions
    • The 1on1 interview questions were situational, placing you in a job scenario to see how you respond to certain events.   Answer Question

I pursued graduate school instead.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BNSF Railway.

Very polite and professional. The interview questions pertained to behavior and leadership roles. I am currently awaiting a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you were working in a group and things did not go as planned? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BNSF Railway in March 2013.

I first heard of the company at on-campus career expo. There, I gave them my resume and was contacted about a week later via email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of about 3-4 basic behavioral questions. Following the phone interview I was contacted again via email to attend a two-day hiring event in Fort Worth, TX.
    The two day hiring event agenda:
    Day 1: BNSF & Management Trainee overview presentation, "Watson-Glaser" critical thinking assessment (about 1.25 hrs), First line supervisor assessment (1 hour), realistic job previews (presentations on the job's activities and tasks).
    Day 2: Interview (30 minutes per candidate) consisted of four behavioral questions- really basic nothing technical, and finally drug testing (hair sample).

Interview Questions
    • How did you resolve a confrontation between you and colleague?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BNSF Railway in October 2012.

I talk to them at the career fair and then they called me a few days later and i did a phone interview. after the phone interview they called me back to do an interview in Dallas. the interview process is two days long. the first day they make you take two critical thinking test. the next day you interview with HR and they ask you basic behavior question.

Interview Questions
    • the critical thinking test. more then one answer can be correct so you have to be careful at picking the right one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BNSF Railway in February 2010.

They flew me down to Ft. Worth, Texas for an interview. It was for the Mechanical Management Trainee Position. There was a critical thinking test and an IQ type test. Neither of them were too hard. The next day I had a panel type interview with 3 of their employees. They took turns asking me about 6 questions about How I handle conflict with authority, and when did you have to persuade someone to do something that they didn't want to do.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a conflict with one of your teammates. How did you handle the situation? What was the outcome? You think you could have done anything differently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BNSF Railway in October 2009.

Process began as a corporate intern which included actual responsibilities, end-of-summer presentation, skills test, and reviews from superiors. Excellent reviews lead to an offer in the corporate office. The corporate culture is laid back (no coat-n-tie), but the employees are the best in the industry, demand results, and rely on team work. Excellent company to work for. The people are fantastic, the rewards are above average, they highly value employee development (move departments/positions every 18 months).

Interview Questions
    • What are some challenges you have faced with projects, how did you overcome those obstacles, and what was the project's results?   Answer Question
    No negotiation with more applicants that positions, it wouldn't be advisable to leverage opportunity. The offer was considerably more than other offers in equivalent industries.