BNY Mellon

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounting Interview

Accounting

I applied online - interviewed at BNY Mellon in October 2013.

Interview Details – A manager explained the job requirements, job functions to me first. Then asked me some basic questions about my resume. Asked my shortcomings and strength. Asked what I have learned from my intern experience. A senior manager then asked me questions about my software skills.

Interview Question – What my weakness is.   View Answer

Accounting Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed right after graduating college, for an entry level job. After briefly meeting with the recruiter, met with the manager for the department and a supervisor. VERY glad to find out how informal the interview itself was, as they didn't ask the standard "what are your strengths and weaknesses" type questions. She stated that it would be more conversation like and instead they focused on my resume and I was asked to explain things I was involved in, etc. Very straightforward about what the job consisted of and that it would be semi-repetitive. Answered questions I had very thoroughly. Overall, a very simple and non-stressful experience.

Interview Question – Please describe your perfect work environment.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2010.

Interview Details – Was initially contact by HR and an interview was scheduled. I believe they had not looked at my resume thoroughly. The interview seemed disintered in me. Did not have a copy of my resume on her desk. Did not ask any questions of me and terminated interview very early. May have been that the interviewer was expected some younger.

Interview Question – Interviewer did not ask my any questions but continued to ask if I had any questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Accountant Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon in September 2009.

Interview Details – About a week after I applied for the position I received a phone call from the Accounting department wanting to schedule an interview; this was despite the fact that I had received an email from the HR department notifying me that I had not been selected for the position.

An interview was scheduled for the following week. The interview consisted of two panel interviews with other members of the department. Questions ranged from background information to success stories.

Interview Question – Don't you think by taking this job you've wasted your experience in public accounting?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BNY Mellon

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BNY Mellon Accountant interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by BNY Mellon employees and interview candidates.