BNY Mellon Accounting Interview Questions

2.6

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BNY Mellon in October 2013.

Interview

A manager explained the job requirements, job functions to me first. Then asked me some basic questions about my resume. Asked my shortcomings and strength. Asked what I have learned from my intern experience. A senior manager then asked me questions about my software skills.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewed right after graduating college, for an entry level job. After briefly meeting with the recruiter, met with the manager for the department and a supervisor. VERY glad to find out how informal the interview itself was, as they didn't ask the standard "what are your strengths and weaknesses" type questions. She stated that it would be more conversation like and instead they focused on my resume and I was asked to explain things I was involved in, etc. Very straightforward about what the job consisted of and that it would be semi-repetitive. Answered questions I had very thoroughly. Overall, a very simple and non-stressful experience.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Houston, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Was initially contact by HR and an interview was scheduled. I believe they had not looked at my resume thoroughly. The interview seemed disintered in me. Did not have a copy of my resume on her desk. Did not ask any questions of me and terminated interview very early. May have been that the interviewer was expected some younger.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer did not ask my any questions but continued to ask if I had any questions.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon in September 2009.

Interview

About a week after I applied for the position I received a phone call from the Accounting department wanting to schedule an interview; this was despite the fact that I had received an email from the HR department notifying me that I had not been selected for the position. An interview was scheduled for the following week. The interview consisted of two panel interviews with other members of the department. Questions ranged from background information to success stories.

Interview Questions

• Don't you think by taking this job you've wasted your experience in public accounting?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Breda (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Breda (Netherlands)) in July 2012.

Interview

Echt vriendelijke aanpak, interview zelf was heel professioneel en warm. Ik moest in een andere taal dan mijn moedertaal en Engels spreken en de interviewers waren geduldig met me. Over het algemeen had ik een telefonisch interview en nog twee face-to-face gesprekken (met senior managers en begeleiders)

Really friendly approach, the interview itself was very professional and warm. I had to talk to a different to my native and English language and the interviewers were patient with me. Overall I had one phone interview and two more face to face (with senior Managers and supervisors).

Interview Questions

• Niet echt het geval, de vragen waren vrij logisch   Not really the case, the questions were rather straightforward   Answer Question