BNY Mellon Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online recruiter contacted me within few days. Interviewed with them and met two people for an hour each . Received a call from HR saying they want to hire you and no second round was needed. Entire process took a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What do you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview Mistakes: It's easy to get sidetracked by a variety of factors during the interviewing process. Discover the largest pitfalls for interviewers and how to avoid them. Panel Interviews: Read about the most effective methods for carrying out panel interviews and when you might want to use them as part of your interviewing process.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Good interview asked about my résumé. Asked how I handled situations. In real past. Real relaxed describing the job. They did a good job communicating what to expect with day to day tasks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None first job took what I could get

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

one phone interview, one final on site, the phone interview is easy, mainly ask my understanding of the company and the products. After the phone interview, the recruiter schedule 3 final rounds interviews for me with different department. I interviewed with 2 MD and 1 VP, not hard if you prepared well.

Interview Questions

• how to communicate with your customer if they ask tough requires?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

I interviewed via a referral. I had previously applied but was rejected but they told me to try again later. I did. The interview process what not tough at all. 2 or 3 interviews lined up within one hr. felt rushed.

Interview Questions

• the questions were not that difficult. pretty standard. i think they wanted to make sure it was my resume and nothing was exaggerated.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no wiggle room. i think

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Chennai (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

First round starts with HR with technical something related to investment banking concepts like capital markets ,bonds etc and second round held after 1 month starts with Hr and simple technical round handled by Hr itself after two days short-listed to next round technical -1 asked basically related to my previous experience after an hour technical-2 has been happened with salary discussion i was satisfied with the package what they offered me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pune (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

mix of hr and finance related questions and also in last interview questions were more about current issues prevailing.so read news in detail. show them that you have 100% interest towards the profile and communicate well...... in every answer make them feel that you are totally interested in that profile

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Pune (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

Only experience people more than 21 months are eligible for this senior position. Interview questions are totally based on experience & mostly related to Reconciliations. Should have good process & DOMAIN knowledge. Never talk about salary & go if flexible to night shifts.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave so early from your last organization.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations at all

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Pune (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

First round will be of Written, which will contain english, arithematics, logical reasoning and accounting and finance questions. second round is HR round. Third round is Operations round. They short list candidate in every round. Basically they check attitude of candidate towards work.

Interview Questions

• They will ask everything that is mentioned on your resume. Every answer of yours will have counter question.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (London, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

Email CV and Cover Letter. Interview was not Technical. It was more related to character fit, how I thought, presented myself, argued my points and how easy going I was. Very little was related to how much I had researched about BNY Mellon and the specific division I was applying to. It was more of a discussion than an interview.

Interview Questions

• In the countries you have been to, what is the most important factor needed to promote growth. This question had arised from the discussion.   Answer Question