BNY Mellon Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2015
Updated Feb 14, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Mistakes: It's easy to get sidetracked by a variety of factors during the interviewing process. Discover the largest pitfalls for interviewers and how to avoid them.
Panel Interviews: Read about the most effective methods for carrying out panel interviews and when you might want to use them as part of your interviewing process.

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Analyst Interview

Good interview asked about my résumé. Asked how I handled situations. In real past. Real relaxed describing the job. They did a good job communicating what to expect with day to day tasks.

Interview Questions
    None first job took what I could get

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2012.

one phone interview, one final on site, the phone interview is easy, mainly ask my understanding of the company and the products. After the phone interview, the recruiter schedule 3 final rounds interviews for me with different department. I interviewed with 2 MD and 1 VP, not hard if you prepared well.

Interview Questions
    • how to communicate with your customer if they ask tough requires?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2010.

I interviewed via a referral. I had previously applied but was rejected but they told me to try again later. I did. The interview process what not tough at all. 2 or 3 interviews lined up within one hr. felt rushed.

Interview Questions
    • the questions were not that difficult. pretty standard. i think they wanted to make sure it was my resume and nothing was exaggerated.   View Answer
    no wiggle room. i think

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

interviewed at BNY Mellon in October 2013.

mix of hr and finance related questions and also in last interview questions were more about current issues prevailing.so read news in detail. show them that you have 100% interest towards the profile and communicate well...... in every answer make them feel that you are totally interested in that profile

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2012.

Only experience people more than 21 months are eligible for this senior position. Interview questions are totally based on experience & mostly related to Reconciliations. Should have good process & DOMAIN knowledge. Never talk about salary & go if flexible to night shifts.

No negotiations at all

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in June 2011.

Email CV and Cover Letter. Interview was not Technical. It was more related to character fit, how I thought, presented myself, argued my points and how easy going I was. Very little was related to how much I had researched about BNY Mellon and the specific division I was applying to. It was more of a discussion than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • In the countries you have been to, what is the most important factor needed to promote growth. This question had arised from the discussion.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in August 2010.

First round was the phone interview for screening purposes. It was an easy interview. Second round was on-site where I met a few people from the company. Very few technical questions. They just wanted to see how much is the candidate interested in the job. They explained me what the job entails, what are their expectations.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you prefer this job over other jobs I was interviewing for.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in July 2009.

Went to a job fair in the city. Spoke with a bunch of hiring departments about prospective jobs opening up in Pittsburgh. Interviews went well. Got a call/offer by the next week. Accepted the following week, The interview process was not too intense just asked about basic competencies and if any prior experience could be applied to the position. The people here are laid back, not too stressful with the working culture. No one is really there pushing you to be the best. Kind of have to do that on your own to stick out and get promotions. Best advice: Work as hard as you can, volunteer for any weekend projects or work, take a lot of online classes(do not just take classes dealing with your line of work), and network!!!!!

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the basic skills you can apply to this line of work?   Answer Question
    I did not as the position I had prior was a lower pay and a crappy job.