BNY Mellon

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Associate

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – Very easy. Basic. Spent more time talking about random stuff.

Interview Question – There was none really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2010.

Interview Details – Started out as a freelancer, my manager interviewed me and advocated my hiring. I was offered full-time after several lay-offs. The group dynamic can feel like a disfunctional family, depending on what the leaderships agenda is.

Interview Question – Not many, I felt the interview was typical for a corporate setting, meaning nothing too insightful. Management saw my cv and thought I was a good fit. I later found the culture to be quite hostile and disrespectful.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, I would definitely negotiate in the future.

Associate

I applied online and interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – The hiring process was fairly straightforward. I submitted an application to the Banks career site, and got a call back within a couple of weeks. I then had a screening interview with HR, and an interview with the hiring managers.

Interview Question – I do not remember any questions that were quite difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation, it was an entry level job, and it was take it or leave it.

New York, NY

I interviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly well organized. HR coordinated everything and the hiring manager was very professional, bringing in members of the team and allowing a change to meet the future group and get a sense of the dynamic within the team.

Interview Question – What would you do in a situation when you disagree with your boss?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR stated the salary range and did not allow much room for negotiation.

Interviewed at BNY Mellon

Interview Details – dont want to do this and its really annoying taht you keep asking me questions to access your website

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Interviewed at BNY Mellon

Interview Details – Hiring and Interviewing was easy. This was 9 years ago. Very desirable company to work for at that time. Submitted resume, had one interview, and was hired. It's been a long time, so I don't have much information to supply regarding my interview experience other than it was very positive.

Interview Question – All were standard questions.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2012.

Interview Details – Simple interviews. All done by fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – None

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2008.

Interview Details – Met with a team lead who manages a couple of associates who ultimately reports to the department manager. Then met with the manager himself. Asked what do you know about the company etc. and explained what they do there. Also asked what I did at my previous employer and how it would help the current position.

Interview Question – What can you tell us about our company, history wise?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed with four people over a period of 3 days over two weeks. Interview process would have been shorter but most senior decision maker kept having conflicts. I heard back from them regarding a hiring decision about 3 weeks after my final interview.

Interview Question – General questions regarding the economy and where I saw the economy going along with general questions regarding my knowledge of the banking industry   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in July 2009.

Interview Details – Nothing technical, mostly fit based. You do have to prepare, be knoweldgeable about the role youa re interviewing for, and have some background on your interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What skills can you transfer from your current position that will allow you to succeed in this role?   Answer Question
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!