BNY Mellon Associate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2014
Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.4

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Met recruiter at local job fair. She called me to come in for an interview. The interview was very basic as it was an entry level position

I heard back a month or so later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Very easy. Basic. Spent more time talking about random stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly straightforward. I submitted an application to the Banks career site, and got a call back within a couple of weeks. I then had a screening interview with HR, and an interview with the hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember any questions that were quite difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation, it was an entry level job, and it was take it or leave it.

Associate Interview

Interview

Hiring and Interviewing was easy. This was 9 years ago. Very desirable company to work for at that time. Submitted resume, had one interview, and was hired. It's been a long time, so I don't have much information to supply regarding my interview experience other than it was very positive.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Simple interviews. All done by fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe your flaws   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you have shown leadership   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Associate Interview

Application

interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process was fairly well organized. HR coordinated everything and the hiring manager was very professional, bringing in members of the team and allowing a change to meet the future group and get a sense of the dynamic within the team.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation when you disagree with your boss?   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR stated the salary range and did not allow much room for negotiation.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2010.

Interview

Started out as a freelancer, my manager interviewed me and advocated my hiring. I was offered full-time after several lay-offs. The group dynamic can feel like a disfunctional family, depending on what the leaderships agenda is.

Interview Questions

• Not many, I felt the interview was typical for a corporate setting, meaning nothing too insightful. Management saw my cv and thought I was a good fit. I later found the culture to be quite hostile and disrespectful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, I would definitely negotiate in the future.

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

Nothing technical, mostly fit based. You do have to prepare, be knoweldgeable about the role youa re interviewing for, and have some background on your interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What skills can you transfer from your current position that will allow you to succeed in this role?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2008.

Interview

Met with a team lead who manages a couple of associates who ultimately reports to the department manager. Then met with the manager himself. Asked what do you know about the company etc. and explained what they do there. Also asked what I did at my previous employer and how it would help the current position.

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

Interviewed with four people over a period of 3 days over two weeks. Interview process would have been shorter but most senior decision maker kept having conflicts. I heard back from them regarding a hiring decision about 3 weeks after my final interview.

Interview Questions

• General questions regarding the economy and where I saw the economy going along with general questions regarding my knowledge of the banking industry   Answer Question