BNY Mellon

Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.4

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Met recruiter at local job fair. She called me to come in for an interview. The interview was very basic as it was an entry level position

I heard back a month or so later with a job offer.

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Very easy. Basic. Spent more time talking about random stuff.

No negotiation

Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

The hiring process was fairly straightforward. I submitted an application to the Banks career site, and got a call back within a couple of weeks. I then had a screening interview with HR, and an interview with the hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember any questions that were quite difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much of a negotiation, it was an entry level job, and it was take it or leave it.

Associate Interview

Hiring and Interviewing was easy. This was 9 years ago. Very desirable company to work for at that time. Submitted resume, had one interview, and was hired. It's been a long time, so I don't have much information to supply regarding my interview experience other than it was very positive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2012.

Simple interviews. All done by fit.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2010.

The interview process was fairly well organized. HR coordinated everything and the hiring manager was very professional, bringing in members of the team and allowing a change to meet the future group and get a sense of the dynamic within the team.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in a situation when you disagree with your boss?   Answer Question
    HR stated the salary range and did not allow much room for negotiation.

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2010.

Started out as a freelancer, my manager interviewed me and advocated my hiring. I was offered full-time after several lay-offs. The group dynamic can feel like a disfunctional family, depending on what the leaderships agenda is.

Interview Questions
    • Not many, I felt the interview was typical for a corporate setting, meaning nothing too insightful. Management saw my cv and thought I was a good fit. I later found the culture to be quite hostile and disrespectful.   Answer Question
    None, I would definitely negotiate in the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in July 2009.

Nothing technical, mostly fit based. You do have to prepare, be knoweldgeable about the role youa re interviewing for, and have some background on your interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • What skills can you transfer from your current position that will allow you to succeed in this role?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2008.

Met with a team lead who manages a couple of associates who ultimately reports to the department manager. Then met with the manager himself. Asked what do you know about the company etc. and explained what they do there. Also asked what I did at my previous employer and how it would help the current position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2008.

Interviewed with four people over a period of 3 days over two weeks. Interview process would have been shorter but most senior decision maker kept having conflicts. I heard back from them regarding a hiring decision about 3 weeks after my final interview.

Interview Questions
    • General questions regarding the economy and where I saw the economy going along with general questions regarding my knowledge of the banking industry   Answer Question