BNY Mellon Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.5

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Met recruiter at local job fair. She called me to come in for an interview. The interview was very basic as it was an entry level position I heard back a month or so later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Very easy. Basic. Spent more time talking about random stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly straightforward. I submitted an application to the Banks career site, and got a call back within a couple of weeks. I then had a screening interview with HR, and an interview with the hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember any questions that were quite difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation, it was an entry level job, and it was take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was a fairly straight forward. The questions they asked were nothing out of the ordinary. They ask you standard interview questions. Typically you meet with one of the hiring managers then you meet with HR. The interview process itself was done all in one day.

Associate Interview

Interview

Hiring and Interviewing was easy. This was 9 years ago. Very desirable company to work for at that time. Submitted resume, had one interview, and was hired. It's been a long time, so I don't have much information to supply regarding my interview experience other than it was very positive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Had phone interview with recruiter first then met in person with hiring managers. No skill tests, iQ tests, or other proficiency test required. Meetings were in person and involved a series of questions related to my career background and what I knew about the company. Meetings were at least an hour long. They gave a tour of facility.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be persistent and know your market value.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Simple interviews. All done by fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe your flaws   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you have shown leadership   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process was fairly well organized. HR coordinated everything and the hiring manager was very professional, bringing in members of the team and allowing a change to meet the future group and get a sense of the dynamic within the team.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation when you disagree with your boss?   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR stated the salary range and did not allow much room for negotiation.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2010.

Interview

Started out as a freelancer, my manager interviewed me and advocated my hiring. I was offered full-time after several lay-offs. The group dynamic can feel like a disfunctional family, depending on what the leaderships agenda is.

Interview Questions

• Not many, I felt the interview was typical for a corporate setting, meaning nothing too insightful. Management saw my cv and thought I was a good fit. I later found the culture to be quite hostile and disrespectful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, I would definitely negotiate in the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

Nothing technical, mostly fit based. You do have to prepare, be knoweldgeable about the role youa re interviewing for, and have some background on your interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What skills can you transfer from your current position that will allow you to succeed in this role?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question