BNY Mellon

BNY Mellon Interview Questions in Boston, MA

2.5

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

The process begins when you get a call from HR, they pretty much just told me where the real interview was; no phone interview. The interview itself was relatively simple with questions like: Tell me about yourself? What do you wish to gain from this internship? What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses? Easy questions like that. Overall, the whole interview was pretty relaxed and laid back, and was over in roughly 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • There really were not any difficult or unexpected questions that were difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Investment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

The interview process was fairly bland - don't expect many if any curveballs or technical questions. The process was centered towards one on one interviews with a focus on finding the right personality fit. I got the impression that BNY Mellon makes the assumption that you can handle the quantitative side of the job based on your resume. Thus, what they are looking for is people with drive and ambition who can provide value above and beyond their job description.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical or business case style questions. It is important to be yourself and try to make a personal connection to your interviewers.   Answer Question
    I was not allowed to negotiate at this level. At more senior levels I have heard there is room for negotiation.

Accounting and Reporting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2013.

Got an in-person interview invitation via phone, had an interview with Human Resource and two interviews with two other teams. Approximately 45 minutes each with mostly behavioral questions and skills with Excel. The people were professional and the process was very organized.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time that you had to make a split second decision and how did it result?   View Answer
    no negotiation

Reg Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2013.

I went for an in person interview with BNY Mellon, Boston office.
    While I was gracious for the opportunity to interview. I was surprised in how unprofessional the department managers were. First off, the HR did not give me the security clearance to get to my interview early, let alone on time. I stood there for 30 minutes waiting. And after that I sat in the waiting room for even longer. Though the managers were getting ready to see me. I felt that it could have been more professional. Once they were ready, I was notified that one of the managers were not even in the office. And at this point she was running 30 minutes late.

This was an absolute turn off for an employer.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in September 2012.

Was called in for an interview from HR. it was a quick last minute scheduling. Briefly met the woman I was going to be working under. Very direct questions, all business, and she had to go for a meeting. Met with some other assistants, and then the MD of the office. He and I talked for over an hour.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle building a sales book for fixed income products?   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2012.

Scripted questions. Very up front. People kind of people.

Interview Questions
    • Please give us an example of working with fixed income securities in particular.   View Answer
    Back and forth

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2012.

Simple interviews. All done by fit.

None

Regulatory Administration Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in September 2011.

I applied online and was contacted about one week later for an interview. The interview was over three hours. Seven people from the department interviewed me. At the end of the interview, I was asked to complete a writing sample.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon in December 2010.

BNY Mellon recruiter was great, very open about the position and requirements but the hiring manager was terrible. She was trying to hire an expert for an entry-level position (even the recruiter was frustrated with her) and she was rude. I have a very bad impression about BNY Mellon from the interview and from current employees and will not be applying there anytime soon.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2010.

Submitted my resume online, heard back from general HR a few weeks later. Pass the initial phone interview and was invited to office for second round. Spoke to the hiring manager and was offered the position a few weeks later. Accepted the offer on the spot. Positive experience overall.