BNY Mellon Interview Questions & Reviews in Boston, MA

2.5

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Client Accounting and Reporting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Typical test to find if you are fit to the company culture.

Interview Questions
    Non negotiable salary. Take it or leave

Mutual Fund Custodian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Revere, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Revere, MA

I interviewed online - interviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2010.

Go into a phone call with a representative from Human resources and then interview with two managers

no negotiation

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

The process begins when you get a call from HR, they pretty much just told me where the real interview was; no phone interview. The interview itself was relatively simple with questions like: Tell me about yourself? What do you wish to gain from this internship? What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses? Easy questions like that. Overall, the whole interview was pretty relaxed and laid back, and was over in roughly 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • There really were not any difficult or unexpected questions that were difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in June 2009.

single interview met with potential supervisor and manager two on one. typical interview questions none too difficult (they used a set list of questions they had to ask the interviewer also had a description of desired answers). I had interviews with two different sets of managers and supervisors. Set list of questions results in going through the same interview twice only difference is the people asking the questions.

salary wasn't negotiable

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in September 2012.

Was called in for an interview from HR. it was a quick last minute scheduling. Briefly met the woman I was going to be working under. Very direct questions, all business, and she had to go for a meeting. Met with some other assistants, and then the MD of the office. He and I talked for over an hour.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle building a sales book for fixed income products?   Answer Question

Investment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

The interview process was fairly bland - don't expect many if any curveballs or technical questions. The process was centered towards one on one interviews with a focus on finding the right personality fit. I got the impression that BNY Mellon makes the assumption that you can handle the quantitative side of the job based on your resume. Thus, what they are looking for is people with drive and ambition who can provide value above and beyond their job description.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical or business case style questions. It is important to be yourself and try to make a personal connection to your interviewers.   Answer Question
    I was not allowed to negotiate at this level. At more senior levels I have heard there is room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2013.

Got an in-person interview invitation via phone, had an interview with Human Resource and two interviews with two other teams. Approximately 45 minutes each with mostly behavioral questions and skills with Excel. The people were professional and the process was very organized.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time that you had to make a split second decision and how did it result?   View Answer
    no negotiation

Anonymous Employee  in  Everett, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Everett, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

I initially applied for the position through their website and got a call from a recruiter about a week later to set up an interview. I met with the recruiter first and would then meet with two different groups consisting of a manager and supervisor in each group. The interviewers were very laid back and even mentioned that they were reading off a script. Very friendly all around

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any really unexpected questions. All the questions were behavioral type questions in which I was asked to describe a time and manner in which I handled a particular scenario.   Answer Question

Reg Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2013.

I went for an in person interview with BNY Mellon, Boston office.
    While I was gracious for the opportunity to interview. I was surprised in how unprofessional the department managers were. First off, the HR did not give me the security clearance to get to my interview early, let alone on time. I stood there for 30 minutes waiting. And after that I sat in the waiting room for even longer. Though the managers were getting ready to see me. I felt that it could have been more professional. Once they were ready, I was notified that one of the managers were not even in the office. And at this point she was running 30 minutes late.

This was an absolute turn off for an employer.

Accounting and Reporting Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

I interviewed beginning of June of 2007. There were 2 rounds of interviews on the same day. First interview began with HR manager that lasted for about 30 minutes. She talked mostly about the company/department and asked a couple of simple behavioral questions. She than brought me upstairs to the next round of interviews where I met with the supervisor and manager i would be working with. They were really nice and the interview was more like a good conversation. A couple of usual behavior questions where asked. The interview probably lasted about 45 mins.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a commitment and did not deliver on it.   Answer Question
    not much of a negotiation

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!